Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2013, 21:27   #16
BHPian

Re: Hero MotoCorp’s new engines successfully tested

News of a bigger capacity engine for the Hero Impulse were heard.
so is the new 250cc engine developed by Hero gonna make way in to the upgraded Impulse?
Old 29th October 2013, 10:46   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by junaid12345678 View Post
People may have mixed experiences on various bikes they own but we can't count such experiences as a fact. Are you sure that the latest pulsars are more reliable than the first generation ones? As far as I know, thinks are the opposite. When Bajaj shifted their focus towards profit and reducing production costs they brought some technologies like twin spark, triple spark which served them well as a marketing gimmick. And the guality of their products fell to a pathetic state. What are 3 spark plugs doing in a 200cc engine? All the Japanese manufacturers we know started making bikes half a century ago and they never bothered to put more than a single plug per cylinder. They tried and tested multiple spark plugs decades ago and found them doing nothing more than a single plug does. Now after 20 years Bajaj reinvented multiple spark plugs and calls themselves as the world leader in DTS-i technology. The greatest motorcycle engines known to mankind never used such great technologies but were built like tank. When people calls Bajaj bikes unreliable, remember one thing. When there is smoke, there must be a fire.

And regarding the reliability of the Splendor, even a 5 year old kid in the country knows what a Splendor is. Lakhs and lakhs of families own that gem and travels thousands of kilometers each year but the bike never let them down. A ten year old splendor can fetch you more than 20000 bucks at the moment you decide to sell it. How can you call a bike unreliable and build cheap which sells a million units per year? Why Bajaj with all these technologies still unable to beat more than a decade old Splendor?
I think we both have right to stand by own experiences observations, whether personal or derived from herd mentality (respectively). The more we will discuss here, more dirt will dig up & more of the fanboys will jump in foray.

I am out before mods take any action, but only a simple question to you, will you buy a fresh Hero product (engine) over Honda one, like you have maybe bought in past?
Old 29th October 2013, 21:54   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by voyageur View Post
Your observations are spot on. The 1st gen pulsars with round headlight were the best in terms of reliability. As bajaj started adding technology like 'DTSi ,DTS-Si, DTS-Fi' etc it started degrading the engine quality. .
As per Dilip Bam twin spark engines will have less life due to the higher heat generated. The higher heat generated gives better fuel efficiency and might be power but might have brought down the reliability of the engine. Somehow he makes me feel that twinspark is the reason for less relaibility.
One more point to note is that RE also uses twinspark but its life will not get affected so easily as it has less compression ratio and the power output/engine cc is less than Bajaj.
[/quote]Out of the lot, I believe TVS is the best Indian Brand considering the whole motorcycle. This is just my opinion and no offence meant to any one

[/quote]
TVS makes bikes with sound engineering and doesnot compromise on quality especially with the 150 and 180cc bikes. Although their bikes are not refined and engine makes a lot of NVH but still overall the bikes have better build quality. I would even dare to say better than Honda. Honda bikes have pathetic plastic quality and rattles are quite common.
Old 29th October 2013, 22:18   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
I think we both have right to stand by own experiences observations, whether personal or derived from herd mentality (respectively). The more we will discuss here, more dirt will dig up & more of the fanboys will jump in foray.

I am out before mods take any action, but only a simple question to you, will you buy a fresh Hero product (engine) over Honda one, like you have maybe bought in past?
Yes, we all have the right to stand by our own opinion and that's what so nice about tbhp. I respect your views on the matter.

As far as I know Hero motocorp always play safe. They never try to launch an experiment product and send themselves into trouble. Its like their habit to do a lot of work on developing a product and making it perfect for Indian conditions by keeping in mind a casual rider as well as an enthusiast and of course, its a time consuming process. But this never let them down. The CBZ and the Karizma were the first in India in its class that redefined the Indian biking scene.

And regarding choosing the technological partner, I am pretty sure they won't go wrong with EBR. They must have chosen EBR after spending a lot of time analyzing the Indian motorcycle market and what they learned from their association with Honda. And time will tell the rest. As you said its better to end the debate here as we are sure to go off topic.
Old 22nd November 2013, 11:24   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by junaid12345678 View Post
And regarding the reliability of the Splendor, even a 5 year old kid in the country knows what a Splendor is. Lakhs and lakhs of families own that gem and travels thousands of kilometers each year but the bike never let them down. A ten year old splendor can fetch you more than 20000 bucks at the moment you decide to sell it. How can you call a bike unreliable and build cheap which sells a million units per year? Why Bajaj with all these technologies still unable to beat more than a decade old Splendor?
I don not agree with this point completely. Splendour may be the best selling and fetching the highest resale value, but is not the most reliable and neither has a gem of an engine. In fact its very boring to drive a splendour. A lot depends upon the reach, servicing network and marketing of the product.
By this logic, Alto 800 is the most reliable car which I am sure many petrolheads here will respectfully disagree. And you also have to agree atleast Bajaj tries. See the Pulsar 200NS. Can Hero produce such a bike on its own?
Old 23rd November 2013, 00:12   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenal.arun View Post

I don not agree with this point completely. Splendour may be the best selling and fetching the highest resale value, but is not the most reliable and neither has a gem of an engine. In fact its very boring to drive a splendour. A lot depends upon the reach, servicing network and marketing of the product.
By this logic, Alto 800 is the most reliable car which I am sure many petrolheads here will respectfully disagree. And you also have to agree atleast Bajaj tries. See the Pulsar 200NS. Can Hero produce such a bike on its own?
I have to disagree here. No motorcycle can be termed reliable right out of the factory. The motorcycle, the engine and all other parts have to prove its reliability.
And in this terms, the splendor is a proven product and is here since a quite large time. You must be comparing apple to oranges when you say its engine is not that great and the bike is a boredom. I ride the 390 duke and I never felt the splendor has a boring engine. But I need to digest the fact that its not a litre class crotch rocket but a commuter. And honestly, its doing its job well.It is a small engine and defenitely boring for a person who ride any other higher displacement motorcycle. But it has the best 100cc engine in the business. An engine that can sustain redlining for days and still keep running and running. Thousands in the world have proved it.
And regarding service and market reach, just take a look at the Discover 100, the closest competitor. Advertisements are everywhere, Bajaj has well known service network and the bike is about 10k cheaper than the splendor but still staying years behind the segment leader.
Its because the Discover haven't done anything which the splendor cannot do, be it any of the factors. Splendors earned the name as the most reliable 100cc motorcycle. And there is a world of difference between earning and terming.
And everyone knows well from where the 200NS came in:-D

Last edited by junaid12345678 : 23rd November 2013 at 00:41.
junaid12345678 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks