Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2014, 12:41   #16
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (9)
re: Hero Splendor Classic - Another Cafe Racer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by noelravin View Post
A 100cc bike with a 'racer' tag! Its like a MARK II Splendour - just body work. No doubt the tag RACER implies speed - the bike should at-least have had disc brakes and better tires. I agree with drive-addict that this bike will probably be really ugly in the flesh. And just picture that with its auto-rickshaw exhaust note. For those who like it for what it tries to be - good for them.I dont see this doing well unless its dirt cheap.
Is there a problem for a guy paying his hard earne money to expect sporty looks? When a guy buying a cycle wants racy looks and fancy gears, why should a guy shelling out 40k+ on a bike not deserve the same? I actually find the bike pretty well executed and would give it a look if I was in the segment. They have created a differentiator in a very crowded and cut throat no bells and whistles segment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaurusAl View Post
To each his own. I never said, there will be no takers for this. After all we are the country with cheapest car in the world and people buy it with pride and proudly say "I own a 4 wheeler" Nothing wrong with that too. No matter how bad your product is, there will always be takers for it.
Is pride a function of how much money one can spend?

No arguments though on there being takers for products no mater how bad they are.

Look at how many Bullets are still selling.
ebonho is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th February 2014, 13:17   #17
BHPian

Absolutely cannot believe this. Complete lack of imagination. There is no harm if they did it 'before' the Conti but now, its just a joke. For God's sake what were the designers thinking?
Oh, wait, they did not employ any for it. All the design was completed on the Internet!
I wonder what will the company say when it releases it? Something like.. 'Err now Hero has their own Continental GT and it looks exactly the same as the Enfiled' and costs a fraction of it
Old 6th February 2014, 17:44   #18
BHPian

Please delete this post

Last edited by MaddyCrew : 6th February 2014 at 17:54. Reason: Double post due to a bad internet connection
Old 6th February 2014, 17:46   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Is there a problem for a guy paying his hard earne money to expect sporty looks? When a guy buying a cycle wants racy looks and fancy gears, why should a guy shelling out 40k+ on a bike not deserve the same? I actually find the bike pretty well executed and would give it a look if I was in the segment. They have created a differentiator in a very crowded and cut throat no bells and whistles segment.

Is pride a function of how much money one can spend?

No arguments though on there being takers for products no mater how bad they are.

Look at how many Bullets are still selling.

+1 to that. Couldn't have said it better.

I quite honestly can't see what the fuss is all about. Atleast its not just another sticker job. IMHO this is a good attempt at giving the average joe a shot at getting something a bit "different". Going by the logic that is doing the rounds, a Triumph Thruxton (if/ when it comes out) would be tagged as a copy-cat as well. Now that would be hilarious
Old 7th February 2014, 11:18   #20
BHPian

A cafe racer is no cafe racer if it cannot do ton up. So even GT continental allegedly with its 140 kmph top speed is no cafe racer. It's just an expensive imitation when compared to Hero's aam aadmis' cafe racer...

Last edited by Leepower : 7th February 2014 at 11:21.
Leepower is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2014, 16:58   #21
BHPian

This is one of the very few good things coming out from Hero for the past few years.

This will surely be cheap and I think people with less moolah to spend will definitely go for this bike.

Reminds me of the Fiero which had come in the early 2000's, the indicators, wheels everything looks the same.

Another good bike from here, lets see how it works on the sales front.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks