Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2014, 22:04   #1
BHPian

Wicked Ride, Bangalore - Rent a Harley Davidson or Enfield Bullet!

After Zoom Car Rental, another Rental company has started renting Harley Davidson, Enifield Bikes Motor Bikes

Rates are expensive. Super Low – Harley Davidson is available for Rs.4,800 on weekdays and Rs.8,000 on weekends. They are even renting a bike camera for Rs.500 per day extra. Pickup and Drop is from Jayanagar Area

More Details here http://wickedride.in/

Wicked Ride, Bangalore - Rent a Harley Davidson or Enfield Bullet!-wicked1jpg.jpg

Last edited by Rehaan : 27th August 2014 at 13:32.
Sarvodaya is online now   (11) Thanks
Old 27th August 2014, 17:42   #2
BHPian

re: "Wicked Ride" - Harley Davidsons & Enfield Bullets on Rent in Bangalore

Renting a A Class from Zoom cars is cheaper than the Superlow!! There still might be takers for the Harleys, but the Enfields at that price

Last edited by GTO : 3rd September 2014 at 10:08. Reason: As requested :)
slicvic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2014, 18:41   #3
BHPian

I rented a swift vxi in goa for 1500 rupee a day - 24 hours, unlimited kilometers. This is just uber expensive! :-D
Akhilash95 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th August 2014, 00:36   #4
Senior - BHPian

re: "Wicked Ride" - Harley Davidsons & Enfield Bullets on Rent in Bangalore

Expesnsive it may be, but its no different than elsewhere in the world.

Not too long ago on my trip to the US (Boston), I was looking at renting a motorcycle on a weekend and go riding to New Hampshire (mountain country).

This is what I could find: http://www.eaglerider.com/vehicle-ac...omponentID=191

The cheapest I can go is $160 per day. Needless to say, I love to walk when in the US
Urban_Nomad is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2014, 14:00   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Wicked Ride, Bangalore - Rent a Harley Davidson or Enfield Bullet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicvic View Post
Renting a A Class from Zoom cars is cheaper than the Superlow!! There still might be takers for the Harleys, but the Enfields at that price
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhilash95 View Post
I rented a swift vxi in goa for 1500 rupee a day - 24 hours, unlimited kilometers. This is just uber expensive! :-D
As Urban_Nomad posted, it's the same premium pricing the world over.

1. The risk factor is just a lot more with motorcycles. Inexperienced riders = crashes & damage. Motorcycles are also easier to steal / crash than cars. This probably explains why it's so much easier to get a test-drive of a new car (vis a vis bike) in India.

2. Unlike cars, I'm guessing that renting a bike is more of a 'weekend' thing. You could rent an A-Class on a weekday (errands, special dinner, highway road-trip), but a bike, perhaps, would be only on holidays.

3. Insurance would be more expensive as well.

4. Lack of tie-ups. I'm pretty sure Zoom etc. get special pricing from the car manufacturers. Harley giving Wicked Rides a discount? No chance.

5. Bike EMIs are more expensive than that for cars.

6. Lastly, the rental car market has cut-throat competition (Zoom, Uber, Myles, Ola and more). There's hardly that kind of rivalry or price pressure when it comes to big bike rentals.

Last edited by GTO : 4th September 2014 at 12:02. Reason: Adding point
GTO is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2014, 14:16   #6
BHPian

I understand the high pricing. But am sure a few would jump in to get the HD experience.

Why do they mention seats as "2" when there is only 1 on these bikes. Am i missing something?
Wicked Ride, Bangalore - Rent a Harley Davidson or Enfield Bullet!-wickedride.jpg
Old 3rd September 2014, 14:37   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneezan View Post
Why do they mention seats as "2" when there is only 1 on these bikes. Am i missing something?
Attachment 1282472
I am pretty sure that they will be giving a bike with that 'additional' pillion seat. The image may not be the image of actual bike.
man_of_steel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th September 2014, 10:00   #8
Senior - BHPian

The prices have now come down - 1500 for general RE bikes, except Conti GT , which is 1800 per day. I was planning to book either the Street 750 or the Conti GT on 2nd October. I spoke to them on Friday, and took my own sweet time to confirm, and yesterday when I finally made my mind up to get the Street 750, both the bikes were already booked ! I felt like doing this - for the extra long time I took to decide between the two bikes !
Old 26th December 2014, 22:49   #9
Senior - BHPian

Prices bumped, along with a brand new website for wickedrides now! The Royal enfields are 1900 ( was 1500 earlier ) on all days, Continental GT is 2200 ( was 1800 earlier ) Harley Street 750 is now 4000 per day ( was 3600 earlier )

Triumph Boneville is a new addition to the fleet and is 6000 for a day out!

All in all, especially after having rented Zoom cars at far more reasonable prices, the prices seem overpriced now. Especially so, as fuel is at your cost, unlike Zoom cars -where you get free kilometres too!
Old 26th December 2014, 22:58   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i. Valid Driving License to ride a motor-cycle with gear in India.
ii. Passport.
iii. Open signed Cheque.
iv. Visa copy, in case of foreigners.
Point 3 is a little scary. I can understand the need for such a thing. But I prefer how ZoomCars operates with regard to this matter!
ashwin.terminat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2015, 19:11   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
Point 3 is a little scary. I can understand the need for such a thing. But I prefer how ZoomCars operates with regard to this matter!
Agreed. But they state on their website that in case any of the aforementioned documents can't be made available, you can contact their team and expect some sort of leniency, I reckon.

Browsing through their web page today, I stumbled upon two interesting things.

1. NO CASH DEPOSIT involved. Just present the documents are you're good to go. A couple of months back, they asked me to shell out a deposit of Rs. 2 Lakh.

2. The bike shall be given with a full tank of petrol and has to be returned with a full tank! Bewildering. I've used Indimotard a lot of times, and I never came across something like this.

Planning to go for a day long spin on either their S750 or I883. Mostly, the latter as the former is something which is quite not in my good books.
Old 12th January 2015, 11:13   #12
Senior - BHPian

Rented the Superlow on Saturday and had it till Sunday afternoon.
Must say it was one of the best birthdays I had!

I was a bit hesitant to shell out 5k at first thinking it was 12hours.When they told me it was 24 hours, I thought why not, after all Birthdays happen once a year and so does a chance to ride a Harley.
Superlow was the only bike in their fleet that I hadn't ridden before, so I decided on that and it was a good choice. It had Screamin Eagle exhausts and air filter which I was hoping it did.

There is a limit of 250 Kms in 24 hours after which it is Rs500 for every 50 additional Kms.
I did 250kms on the dot and got a mileage of 18kmpl which included a blast of a ride on Sunday morning and getting to see all the biking groups on the highway in the process.

The bike was 2 years old and ran well, it had a damaged front mudguard for which they are waiting for the part. Overall it was a good experience and yes I will do a repeat next year on another model for sure.
Good people to deal with. No nonsense lectures. They respect you as a biker and in turn you respect the bike they give you and have a nice ride. And in the process you feel like a VIP riding a HD for a day. 5k well spent I would say.
tharian is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 12th January 2015, 14:29   #13
BHPian

Wicked Ride, Bangalore - Rent a Harley Davidson or Enfield Bullet!

Nice to hear tharian . That's a nice gift you gave yourself.

No such options in Chennai yet. I would have done this had it been available in Chennai
jvm_1986 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2015, 09:58   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
My friend and I wanted to book the Superlow and Street 750 for two days in April.

We went to their office yesterday and to my surprise they weren't willing to provide insurance on the bikes. This was a deal breaker for me because if something untoward were to happen then I would be held responsible whether or not it is my fault. Also they transfer the bike onto the customer's name (they asked me to sign Form 30) which technically makes me the owner for the rental period only. So in case of any eventualities then I will be forced to cough up. No cash deposit is a good thing but then not providing/transferring the insurance will not make any sense because it takes out the thrill of riding peacefully! I'd rather drive peacefully than hire a premium bike and constantly worry about keeping it safe/bringing it back in one piece!
vishwasvr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th March 2015, 11:31   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishwasvr View Post
My friend and I wanted to book the Superlow and Street 750 for two days in April.

We went to their office yesterday and to my surprise they weren't willing to provide insurance on the bikes. This was a deal breaker for me because if something untoward were to happen then I would be held responsible whether or not it is my fault. Also they transfer the bike onto the customer's name (they asked me to sign Form 30) which technically makes me the owner for the rental period only. So in case of any eventualities then I will be forced to cough up. No cash deposit is a good thing but then not providing/transferring the insurance will not make any sense because it takes out the thrill of riding peacefully! I'd rather drive peacefully than hire a premium bike and constantly worry about keeping it safe/bringing it back in one piece!
Further to this if they are running a private insurance policy, it will not cover any risk. Please see disclaimer in a standard private policy. Wonder if the motorcycles are yellow board? How does Zoom Car do it?
Attached Images

Last edited by ssingri : 30th March 2015 at 11:32. Reason: additional information
ssingri is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks