Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2014, 13:56   #16
BHPian

re: Hero Splendor Pro Classic - 7.7 PS Cafe Racer launched at Rs. 53,900

Hero might be able to sell this better if they released a 2-seat version of this (which might then disqualify it as a Cafe Racer). The looks are classic and reminds one of the bygone era in motorcycles - all them vehicles are plastic now. Then the 7.7 PS wouldn't really matter anymore.
hellmet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2014, 18:07   #17
BHPian

Re: Hero Splendor Pro Classic - 7.7 PS Cafe Racer launched at Rs. 53,900

They should made this on their Hero Moped. 50cc with same power & torque of this 'kaapi racer' will certainly gain them some respect. And also valuable insights on how to tune engines.

Same engine, same specs, just a new hat & dress and calling it Client Eastwood won't make them any good. This is the 'Quick Gun Murugan' of Cafe Racer.
viggienomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2014, 18:26   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

I guess this bike would be ideal for our college kids, where the girlfriend sits so close to the guy as if she is a part of him, and a third person can still sit comfortably behind them. (Mumbaikars would be familiar with this sight )

So you have a cafe racer which can seat two, and it fits the budget too
SnS_12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2014, 20:43   #19
Senior - BHPian

I dont know what the brewhaha is all about (full on pun intended)

It does a ton. 100 kmPL i.e.

Old 10th September 2014, 13:08   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot_Vishwas View Post
Don't know what the executives at Hero have been smoking lately,but I suspect it's from Afghanistan.
The main objective of this(I assume) is to make fun of RE.
"If you can do a cafe racer that does 25 Km to the liter,we'll do a cafe racer that does a 100.......and sell it cheap"
Hopefully Hero doesn't troll Triumph by releasing a Splendor Bournville(With Electric start and optional lockable fuel lid @ ₹20000)
and H-D, by the Splendor Superflow(with the option of upgrading the exhaust to the Hero 'Screaming Gandaberunda')
Hey! We now have two cafe racers that have a 0-18Mph times on their brochures(And the Hero might just be faster)
Hilarious dude!!! Especially the 'Screaming Gandaberunda' had me in splits .

But seriously, this is nothing but a joke. Agreed that the RE Continental GT is steeply priced, but it still has the requirements and equipments to be considered a Cafe Racer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
A typical Splendor buyer (in 2014) would be an absolutely no non-sense guy who wants to play safe by buying something which has proven to be reliable and fuel efficient for decades and wouldn't experiment with anything else (Not even from Honda's own stable). Are they expecting this unique breed to pay +10K for this creation?!
. I guess as you said, a typical splendor buyer after much deliberation might go for the Splendor pro with added features but never for this "cafe racer".

And as far a Biking enthusiast is concerned, this is nothing but a mockery.

Last edited by Mahesh Prasad : 10th September 2014 at 13:16.
Mahesh Prasad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2014, 13:32   #21
BANNED

To be eligible for the 'Cafe Racer' title, at least it should have had a 150 cc engine.
Now I don't understand where Hero sourced the energy to try and price a 100 cc bike at over 53 k without the legendary 'Hero Honda' badge on the tank.

Brand name matters here in India. This is the only reason all MSIL cars sell with Maruti written on their back.
With a Hero Honda name, it may have found a lot of takers.
Perhaps I'm prejudiced.
Only time will tell the fate of this "Cafe Racer."

People in NCR still call the Hero Honda Chowk in Gurgaon with that name only. Hero has tried changing the name on that crossing by installing a huge Hero logo banner there.
Old 10th September 2014, 15:19   #22
BHPian

First, they never called it a Cafe racer. Its called Hero Splendor Pro Classic. I don't see any problem with the design. Only question here will be if the typical splendor buyer could live with a single seat.
Old 11th September 2014, 09:44   #23
BHPian

i personally find it tempting, reason, its the only bike i kinda like and its in my budget right now
on that note, one thing i would have loved to see on it are the rear set pegs dont know why Hero didnt go for that( cost cut maybe)
i guess disk up front might be optional. cant find anything on hero motor site yet.
fun little thing
mehuel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2014, 10:44   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehuel View Post
i personally find it tempting, reason, its the only bike i kinda like and its in my budget right now
on that note, one thing i would have loved to see on it are the rear set pegs dont know why Hero didnt go for that( cost cut maybe)
i guess disk up front might be optional. cant find anything on hero motor site yet.
fun little thing
I just cant thank you enough for putting forward the first sentence sir! Because I feel THAT is the whole point of this bike. The bike in question here was being thrashed from the very beginning for its 'so called' puny engine and lack of a big 'brand name'. I do agree that some bare essentials like rearsets and a front disc brake is missing from this bike but it sure looks like a fun little package for an enthusiast with limited budget. Kudos to Hero for bringing on such an affordable package to this price bracket where the market is ruled only by conventional looking commuter bikes.

And to agree with many here, this bike probably will not be doing very well in terms of sales. Just like the Impulse. But most of the greatest vehicles in history were not essentially the 'best-sellers'.

Last edited by man_of_steel : 11th September 2014 at 10:47.
man_of_steel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2014, 13:18   #25
BHPian

This one belongs to the weird and wacky modifications thread. Whats hero thinking? This is a work horse. a fill it shut it bike. I have a 99' Splendor clocking 85k and a sealed engine with an awesome mileage. Hero should respect this bike and keep the bike as it is. I don't want to be seen riding this.

This is the most practical bike I have owned ever. So sad to see this splendor cafe racer.

Last edited by yamaniac : 11th September 2014 at 13:24.
Old 11th September 2014, 19:56   #26
BHPian

Honestly, my modified splendor (back in 2003) looks better than this cafe racer on any given day.

On a lighter note, if only the cowl was added to my ride it would look just like the all new Cafe Racer from Hero stable.

Some pics for reference :-
Attached Thumbnails
Hero Splendor Pro Classic - 7.7 PS Cafe Racer launched at Rs. 53,900-dsc00189.jpg  

Hero Splendor Pro Classic - 7.7 PS Cafe Racer launched at Rs. 53,900-dsc00199.jpg  

Hero Splendor Pro Classic - 7.7 PS Cafe Racer launched at Rs. 53,900-img_20140906_010700.jpg  

Hero Splendor Pro Classic - 7.7 PS Cafe Racer launched at Rs. 53,900-img_20140906_010807.jpg  

mantrig is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2014, 22:43   #27
Senior - BHPian

For some reason, I liked those retro looks of the bike. Never mind the puny 97.2cc engine; but the bike overall looks nice. The fuel tank and the spoked wheels look nice. Except there are 2 problems. It's way too much over priced and the lack of a front disc brake. But come to think of it; why would it require a disc brake for such a tiny power output?

All I can say is that the genius work of Soichiro Honda lives on and on!!
Old 12th September 2014, 00:38   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_antony View Post
First, they never called it a Cafe racer. Its called Hero Splendor Pro Classic. I don't see any problem with the design. Only question here will be if the typical splendor buyer could live with a single seat.
They called it 'cafe racer styling' and 'perfectly styled'!

http://www.heromotocorp.com/en-in/pr...ustry-178.html
Old 13th September 2014, 18:19   #29
BHPian

Hero's motorbike styling has gone crass post break up with Honda. I feel hey have run out of ideas or lacking innovative R&D to come up with a new stylish 100 cc commuter bike altogether. The new Karizma looks incomplete and ugly IMO. I cannot digest this modified wannabe cafe racer looks with the poor sticker job. They should not tamper with the clean look of the original HH Splendor or any of the former HH range at all.
Simple bikes like this should never be modified if they were never designed to be sporty looking.

Last edited by ciddharth : 13th September 2014 at 18:21.
ciddharth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2014, 21:37   #30
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciddharth View Post
I cannot digest this modified wannabe cafe racer looks with the poor sticker job.
Cafe racer and that to with drum brakes!

I don't know what expression is to be given, steel wheels I can accept but drum brakes for a 'racer' is funny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciddharth View Post
Simple bikes like this should never be modified if they were never designed to be sporty looking.
Certain bikes need to be designed based on the target audience and is 'real' purpose! The 100cc segment is purely commuter oriented that has a small and simple family using it to commute from Point 'A' to Point 'B'. This segment doesn't accept that a two wheeler is for style statement!

No average individual will get this cafe racer concept registered in his head when he visits the showroom. Moreover when a buyer goes to the showroom and returns home to show his family what he has bought, he will be blasted as his wife as she will not have a seat to sit! She'll just go bonkers! Rest story all can anticipate.

No one is going to buy this bike as a second one at home to travel in style. How will anyone feel good to be riding single with a puny 7.7PS engine with a name 'cafe racer' at 40 kmph to extract the best FE figures!

All the best Hero MotorCorp!

Anurag.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks