Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2006, 04:10   #31
BHPian

What top speed did you do on the stock apache? Then i'll tell ya if you should go in for one. Did you ask the specific reason why he suggested that?

Last edited by TheCockroach : 30th August 2006 at 04:11.
Old 30th August 2006, 13:08   #32
BHPian

the person did not gave any specific reason . he might have suggested it as he felt that i was performance oriented person . the stock apache maxes out at 115km\h.
Old 31st August 2006, 12:56   #33
BHPian

guys pls help me i want to know that putting a shogun sprocket will help or not?
Old 31st August 2006, 23:13   #34
BHPian

Dudeeeeeeeeee!

Ok first of all. The shogun stock sprocket has 44 teeth and your apache has 43 teeth. Now a one tooth increase on the rear sprocket will give you better initial. Higher top speed with a bigger rear sprocket is rubbish.

Plus the rear hub on the apache is deep so your sprocket has a slight step on either side. The shogun sprocket is flat. It might screw your drive train.

Just 'cos the shogun is fast doesnt' mean pulling parts off of it and putting them on other bikes will make them fly.

Next time you see that guy from the service centre ask him why he suggested a shogun sprocket.
Old 7th September 2006, 22:43   #35

guys do me this favor

hey ya ppl.. i have a karizma on me.. and its quite a new 1.. few months.. all ive topped till now is 125kmph..but feels like it can go more... just want it to go faster... i want my top speed increased... and a drop in pick-up wont matter much... what kind of sprockets do i need to put..and also how much will be t cost.. am planning to change my air filters also... pls do suggest a good air filter.. and how much it costs.. and suggest anythin that will increse my top speed.
Old 15th August 2015, 11:46   #36
BHPian

Re: bigger sprocket??

Bumping a very old thread up. I want to know more about this concept of "sprocket-ting", in the following order-
  • Why is it done?
  • On which bikes can it be done?
  • How to do it?
I've scheduled a 750 kilometer tour on my XCD in the following week. The XCD is equipped with a 125cc engine, but due to its short gearing, I do not feel it comfortable to ride her at speeds in excess of 70 kph for prolonged durations. Can this "sprocket-ting" be of any help here?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks