Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2016, 15:41   #46
BHPian

Re: Electrified! My Royal Enfield Electra

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityadeva View Post

First calculation of average fuel consumption

The Deep green got filled up for Rs. 500 @ Rs. 62.12 per litre with the Odo reading 9 kms. Around 8.xx litres went into the tank which had just around 1.5 litres in it.

In reserve the tank consumes 2.5 litres, so out of 8 litres 1 litre went to reserve.

The next reserve came at 383 kilometres.

So total kilometres run on 7 litres of petrol = 383 - 9=374

Average fuel consumption = 374 ÷ 7 = 53 kms /litre.

Seems good enough, anyways it's above 50 even if the initial petrol in the tank was 2 litres.

tomorrow the deep green will go for first service
Hi, Belated wishes on your ride.

Do you have any latest figures on the mileage? 53 was an awesome figure. I always heard it to be in the twenties.

regards,
V.
Old 20th October 2016, 19:04   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrvarier View Post
Do you have any latest figures on the mileage?
regards,
V.
I've been using an app called drivvo to keep tab of the entire expenses (including servicing) . Here's a screen shot which shows the average fuel consumption from the date of purchase.

Hope this suffices.
Attached Thumbnails
Electrified! My Royal Enfield Electra-screenshot_20161020192844523_br.com.ctncardoso.ctncar.png  

Last edited by adityadeva : 20th October 2016 at 19:31.
adityadeva is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2017, 12:30   #48
BHPian

Hi. How has your experience been with your Electra? Have you noticed the motor getting smoother as the mileage piles up? I have a 2011 Electra and since i do a lot of highway riding, she is used to highway speeds. In fact she is quite smooth even at 80kph.

Btw. I feel that the 35w headlight is just not good enough. Have you made any lighting changes? Thanks.
Old 17th September 2017, 05:42   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturaldisaster View Post
Have you noticed the motor getting smoother as the mileage piles up?

Btw. I feel that the 35w headlight is just not good enough. Have you made any lighting changes? Thanks.
Yes the engine is definitely smoother now. I had met with an accident, so now my rides are mostly confined to city now a days.

I did change the bulb to 60/55w halogen h4. I had some extra bulbs from my last car. The bulb was a straight fit and lights are definitely better now. I had seen in youtube that one guy got a 35w h4 led with cooling fan from Ali express. The light was quite bright and didn't have a black spot, the beam was spectacular . I was interested, but now with the present beam, I'm in no hurry till I fully recover from after effects of my fall from the bike.
adityadeva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2017, 16:58   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Yes the engine is definitely smoother now. I had met with an accident, so now my rides are mostly confined to city now a days.

I did change the bulb to 60/55w halogen h4. I had some extra bulbs from my last car. The bulb was a straight fit and lights are definitely better now. I had seen in Youtube that one guy got a 35w h4 led with cooling fan from Ali express. The light was quite bright and didn't have a black spot, the beam was spectacular . I was interested, but now with the present beam, I'm in no hurry till I fully recover from after effects of my fall from the bike.
Thanks for the reply. And get well soon! Bike accidents can be scary indeed.

Also, is it OK to use the 55w bulb on this bike? Heard the power draw is too high and you need to make changes to the alternator for long term reliability.
Old 19th September 2017, 20:09   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturaldisaster View Post
Also, is it OK to use the 55w bulb on this bike? Heard the power draw is too high and you need to make changes to the alternator for long term reliability.
to the best of my knowledge all the three variants use same alternator, except that standard uses a heavier crank. batteries are different, 8 AH battery of electra should handle 55w. i'll update if I face any issues

Last edited by adityadeva : 19th September 2017 at 20:10.
adityadeva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2017, 11:51   #52
BHPian

Quote:
to the best of my knowledge all the three variants use same alternator, except that standard uses a heavier crank. batteries are different, 8 AH battery of electra should handle 55w. i'll update if I face any issues
Thanks. I was speaking a technically adept friend who said that the best way to reduce draw on headlight wiring is to use a relay for power switching but drawing power directly from the battery. I am quite positive that the battery can handle it (since my bike has 35w headlight + 40w of LED aux lamps, 75w on wiring harness after the switch and i face no issues yet.)

Will see how i can manage the wiring without any cutting to get best reliability and let you know too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks