Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2016, 10:43   #16
BHPian

Re: Carberry Enfield sets up base in India

Looks superhot..I hope it becomes a trend in India to customize the engines & not only use some fancy plastic fenders to make bike look like HD.

Also I am pretty inclined to think that this engine will be much more refined than the current lot of RE engines. One of my friend got 500 CC Fi recently & I was really disappointed to see the poor refinement level of the engine. Except great raw power there is nothing much to talk about.
Old 2nd March 2016, 16:47   #17
BHPian

Would love to ride one of these. Speaking of modifications, my father had a mechanic friend in Indore who fit a 800cc engine of Maruti 800 into his RD350. He used to do 160+ speeds on this modified machine. Was gem of a thing
YoungSaint is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2016, 16:25   #18
r.K
BHPian

Had a chat with them in their FB page. I asked to clarify regarding the modification of the frame/chassis being done to a stock CI engine, as it violates our laws. They reverted that "there may be more than one avenue, this is being researched at the moment". Hope they come up with something solid.
r.K is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2017, 14:42   #19
Senior - BHPian

Carberry has revealed a 1000cc carburetted version of V twin engine. This is based on the 500cc single cylinder engine.

Quote:
Carberry Motorcycles has just revealed only the new powerplant, and the first India-made Carberry Enfield 1000cc V-twin is atleast 6-8 months away. Termed the 1000cc engine as ‘Double Barrel’, this will be a carburetted motor producing 56.32 HP of power and a massive 108 Nm of torque and will be BS4 compliant. A fuel injected powertrain is in the works too.

The exhaust note of the powerplant is something Royal Enfield fans will appreciate as it has the thump. In the meanwhile, Royal Enfield has also started working on a twin-cylinder 750cc engine that will most probably find its place in the Continental GT 750 cafe racer spotted multiple times.
Carberry Enfield sets up base in India-royalenfield1000cccarberryengine.jpg

Source and more info at Motorbeam
TorqueyTechie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2017, 22:19   #20
Senior - BHPian

More details.
  • There are producing about 25 engines
  • Few will be exported
  • Engine will comply BS4 norms
AFAIK from various FB posts.
  • Retro fitting engine is illgal so they will offer fully built bike which can be registered at an RTO (rumored at 7L)
  • They will test fully built bike at ARAI Pune for Homologation
DEM-Carberry Motorcycles,Bhilai
Product - Double barrel
  • Engine type: Air-cooled, OHV, pushrod,four valve, 55 degrees V-Twin.
  • Bore & stroke: 84x90mm
  • Displacement: 1000cc
  • Compression Ratio: 8.5:1
  • Ignition: Digital Electronic Ignition
  • Fuel System: carburettor, fuel injection comming!
  • Fuel Type: 91 RON
  • Power: 56.32bhp / 42KW @ 4800rpm
  • Torque: 108 NM @ 5250rpm
  • Engine start: kick/electric
  • Hydrolic lifters
Video link.

a V-twin based custom build is already under works from couple of months.
Carberry Enfield sets up base in India-18057155_1303576609679352_5054090760338032530_n.jpg

Last edited by jeepster : 27th April 2017 at 22:44.
jeepster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2017, 14:15   #21
BHPian

CARBERRY DOUBLE BARREL 1000 ROYAL ENFIELD-BASED V-TWIN MOTORCYCLE LAUNCHED IN INDIA AT RS 7.35 LAKH.

Related link

Overdrive article

I feel this is not a competitive price. I would wait for a detailed review before making up my mind.

Last edited by Mafia : 9th October 2017 at 14:16.
Mafia is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2017, 15:12   #22
Senior - BHPian

This will make the upcoming RE Interceptor, which itself will be ridiculously priced for a RE, a steal. And with the kind of network RE now has built up, the Interceptor over a Carberry any day i think. But in 2yrs time, a Carberry will become collectors item since i don't see them surviving for long as RE won't probably stop at the Interceptor.
Old 9th October 2017, 17:09   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
This will make the upcoming RE Interceptor, which itself will be ridiculously priced for a RE, a steal. And with the kind of network RE now has built up, the Interceptor over a Carberry any day i think. But in 2yrs time, a Carberry will become collectors item since i don't see them surviving for long as RE won't probably stop at the Interceptor.
That is an update. I did not know RE was working on relaunching the Interceptor.

Good point about Carberry becoming a collectors bike
Pricing it as high as they have puts it in the face of established companies with a service network.
Old 9th October 2017, 19:18   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafia View Post
CARBERRY DOUBLE BARREL 1000 ROYAL ENFIELD-BASED V-TWIN MOTORCYCLE LAUNCHED IN INDIA AT RS 7.35 LAKH.

Related link

Overdrive article

I feel this is not a competitive price. I would wait for a detailed review before making up my mind.
At this price , one might as well pick up a brand new Versys .

I guess it is being positioned purely as a Collectors' bike. Otherwise, the pricing makes very little sense.
Old 10th October 2017, 07:27   #25
Senior - BHPian

Though I am pretty much sure, the double barrel 1000 is a good bike, am more of worried about the after sales support. Following are the options they are providing-
1- They will send in a trained mechanic/ engineer over to the customers place, logistics to be paid by the customer.
2- Carberry is ready to train the customer if he/she wants to work on the bike on their own
3-In case of warranty claims, the customer will have to send the parts over to Carberry.
Read these from their FB official page.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks