Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2019, 19:50   #1081
Senior - BHPian

re: The 1st-gen Royal Enfield Himalayan thread!

Folks, what are the best online stores to buy OE spares. I am looking for an outlet that has a good track record and will ship overseas.

Just picked up an used Himalayan here and want to get all basic spares. Dealers in the US are still catching up on spares supply.

Last edited by mail4ajo : 2nd October 2019 at 19:52.
Old 3rd October 2019, 13:13   #1082
BHPian

I was looking at tyre options online, and came across Ralco Speedblaster 140/70 R 17. I had earlier used Speedblaster on my RE Classic and absolutely loved it.

Now this size option will lead to a rear height reduction of 1.9cm. The other option is SpeedBlaster 120/80 R 17 which will lead to 2.3cm reduction.

Dont want to go with Ceat. What other options do we have as unable to find anything in 120/90 R 17 within budget ?
Old 12th October 2019, 04:14   #1083
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunwar.g View Post
The part number mentioned on the catalogue is different from what they have on box and seat. Got the seat today. Did about 20km ride post that. Will need longer to feel the difference. As of now seems they have just added the 3D Mesh tech they are claiming. The foam density is definitely same. Costed 2300.
Buddy, have you had a chance to go for a long ride with the touring seat yet? Can you please share your experience with this?
Others using the touring seat, your views are welcome.
Thank you.
Old 12th October 2019, 13:42   #1084
Team-BHP Support

There was a sale at Cramster, so I picked up a saddle bag. Then realized that it always made contact with the silencer.

So got Zana saddle stays from Amazon.

I like both these products and am satisfied with the quality.

The Allen key in the toolkit was good enough to remove the side bolts but the ones supplied with Zana are a different size.

Don't use free Allen keys that come with furniture as they are useless. Lol.

About the touring seat. I like it. Not yet been on a long ride, but my daily commute of approximately 40 KMS is much better than before.

The 1st-gen Royal Enfield Himalayan thread!-img_20191012_110053.jpg

The 1st-gen Royal Enfield Himalayan thread!-img_20191012_1101112.jpg

The 1st-gen Royal Enfield Himalayan thread!-img_20191012_1101032.jpg

The 1st-gen Royal Enfield Himalayan thread!-img_20191012_1123382.jpg

The 1st-gen Royal Enfield Himalayan thread!-lrm_export_533128007054074_20191012_122420407.jpeg

Last edited by bblost : 12th October 2019 at 15:14.
bblost is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th October 2019, 20:23   #1085
Team-BHP Support

The 1st-gen Royal Enfield Himalayan thread!-h1.jpg

Had a fun filled weekend with my friends. We rode out some 300 kilometers on Saturday. Spent the night at some wildlife resort. Then rode back today on a different route, which was 75% on the super smooth Hyderabad-Nagpur highway.

The first 100 odd kms of day 1, I rode with the Fego Float installed.
Then I asked myself why the hell did I install the Touring seat. So removed the Fego float and had double the fun.

The touring seat is much better than the old seat + fego float.
The angle is much better and it does not cause a lot of discomfort.

On this ride, we kept swapping our rides as a friend had brought his new Interceptor 650.
So I ended up riding the Interceptor, an old Classic 500 and a 500x.

The Interceptor seat is as bad as the old Himalayan seat. But what an engine. I am absolutely in love with its smooth power delivery and braking. If I did not have the Himalayan and in love with its ability to tackle bad roads...I would have picked the Interceptor.

As far as I am concerned there are only two models in the RE lineup, which matter.
The Himalayan and the twins.

Only and only if budget is a constraint should anyone even consider the other bikes they sell.

Last edited by bblost : 20th October 2019 at 20:58.
bblost is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 21st October 2019, 20:36   #1086
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Attachment 1924941

The touring seat is much better than the old seat + fego float.
The angle is much better and it does not cause a lot of discomfort.
Does the touring seat increase the seat height compared to stock? Where is a good store to order it? I am in the US. Were you able to find wider pedals?

Also is the Zana saddle stays sold as pair? I prefer only one side.

Last edited by mail4ajo : 21st October 2019 at 20:38.
Old 21st October 2019, 20:40   #1087
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Does the touring seat increase the seat height compared to stock? Where is a good store to order it? I am in the US. Were you able to find wider pedals?
The seat dimensions are identical to the stock seat.
I removed the rubber from the footpegs. This gives me a few extra cm's of space.

Quote:

Also is the Zana saddle stays sold as pair? I prefer only one side.
This saddle stay is on both sides and they are connected to each other by a rod as well.
bblost is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2019, 02:16   #1088
Senior - BHPian

Team, can you show me your tool kit/roll you carry for quick road side repairs? I tossed the factory tools, getting something better similar to my home tools. Just need the hex and spanner sizes. Need this on the Himalayan more than my Triple.

Also has anyone shortened their side stand or got a short version?

Last edited by mail4ajo : 23rd October 2019 at 02:17.
Old 5th November 2019, 01:01   #1089
Senior - BHPian

Anyone has luck with Iridium plugs on the EFI version? I have a issue with idle and wondering if the plug change will cure it.

Also anyone has experience with the powertronic ECU. Not looking at increased power, just smooth running. Getting one new for less than half the price, so thinking of trying it.
Old 5th November 2019, 08:33   #1090
BHPian

Quote:
Anyone has luck with Iridium plugs on the EFI version? I have a issue with idle and wondering if the plug change will cure it.

Also anyone has experience with the powertronic ECU. Not looking at increased power, just smooth running. Getting one new for less than half the price, so thinking of trying it.
Would suggest you try the ngk platinum plugs they are way better then stock and do help in making it run crisper. Secondly they are not expensive at all and perform just as good as iridium at fraction of cost.
Old 14th November 2019, 20:28   #1091
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpian View Post
Would suggest you try the ngk platinum plugs they are way better then stock and do help in making it run crisper. Secondly they are not expensive at all and perform just as good as iridium at fraction of cost.
I am using it from the very next day I purchased my Hima, and I can vouch for its ease of cold start and overall performance. The cold start hiccups and stalling have virtually completely disappeared and it starts in less than 1 crank rotation, be it summer or winter or parked for weeks. In short, I would recommend this mod the first thing to do, works like a charm.

Cheers!
VJ
VijayAnand1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2019, 20:38   #1092
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VijayAnand1 View Post
I am using it from the very next day I purchased my Hima, and I can vouch for its ease of cold start and overall performance. The cold start hiccups and stalling have virtually completely disappeared and it starts in less than 1 crank rotation, be it summer or winter or parked for weeks. In short, I would recommend this mod the first thing to do, works like a charm.

Cheers!
VJ
Hi VJ, are you referring success with the powertronic or Iridium plugs? If plug, can you give me the exact model to buy and where to source it. I am in the US. I plan to install both, but one at a time.
mail4ajo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2019, 20:56   #1093
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi VJ, are you referring success with the powertronic or Iridium plugs? If plug, can you give me the exact model to buy and where to source it. I am in the US. I plan to install both, but one at a time.
Ajo, I am using the NGK IRIDIUM plugs only and not the PowerTronics. The plug model for the Himma is CR9EIX.

Cheers!
VJ
VijayAnand1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2019, 20:57   #1094
BHPian

Quote:
I believe it's NGK CR9EIX, Iridium plug.
cataclysm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2019, 03:24   #1095
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VijayAnand1 View Post
Ajo, I am using the NGK IRIDIUM plugs only and not the PowerTronics. The plug model for the Himma is CR9EIX.

Cheers!
VJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by cataclysm View Post
I believe it's NGK CR9EIX, Iridium plug.
Thanks, I saw some places refer to CR8EIX as the model. Did you have to upgrade the power cable?
mail4ajo is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks