Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2022, 13:39   #1561
BHPian

re: The 1st-gen Royal Enfield Himalayan thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcpranav View Post
thanks for wishes.

queries :
a) is the side-stand extender really required ?
b) is the guard for brake oil reservoir really required ?

again, thanks for your wishes and suggestions.

PS: Im thinking of starting here a fresh thread of my ownership & travel experiences, just not very sure if I may be frequently updating it (time constraints el al). Lets see.

regards,
Pranav

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyTangoFox View Post
I am planningor purchasing both soon. I have noticed that the side stant tends to sink into soft mud or grassy surfaces causing the bike to tip over. For the rear brake reservoir and master cylinder, I'd say yes because they can break pretty easily. For the front reservoir, its purely cosmetic.

@pcpranav
I have also thought the same. I have done a lot of mods on my bike, and thought of sharing my experience with fellow Bhpians, but it seems I am too lazy

I have installed everything that you guys were discussing. I will try to cover it point by point.
1. I have Viaterra side shoe extender. Great product, and gives you peace of mind. No more sinking.

2. Rear brake master cylinder guard from RE itself. I would say better safe than sorry. Not so pricy to make one overthink when investing, and again, gives you peace of mind.

3. Rear master cylinder guard from 66BHP. It is cheap but I am not sure is it really required or not. I have seen a lot of rally bike and dirt bike without one, and never really heard any incident.

4. I have AutoEngina crash guard. The purpose was not only protection. I needed a crash guard that doesn’t hinder while working on bike. Some crash guard blocks one bolt here or there which can be troublesome. Even changing a spark plug can be difficult.
NTab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2022, 20:21   #1562
BHPian

Hey All, I wanted to know if anyone has tried any super affordable (Ideally around the 1k Rs Mark) LED or Xenon headlught bulb for the himmy. I don't need anything crazy like the nighteye or cyclops because I plan to get Aux Lights anyway. I just want something significantly brighter than the stock light and white in colour ideally.
WhiskeyTangoFox is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2022, 14:06   #1563
BHPian

Quote:
Hey All, I wanted to know if anyone has tried any super affordable (Ideally around the 1k Rs Mark) LED or Xenon headlught bulb for the himmy. I don't need anything crazy like the nighteye or cyclops because I plan to get Aux Lights anyway. I just want something significantly brighter than the stock light and white in colour ideally.
Hey there. I've tried (& am currently using) Philips Racingvision.
Works decently well. Whiter than stock, but not white light. For 1k, you get two bulbs.
Aux lights are a good idea. I've personally found a need for them.
shyamg28 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th November 2022, 10:28   #1564
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyamg28 View Post
Hey there. I've tried (& am currently using) Philips Racingvision.
Thank you! How much brighter are these than stock though? Also another unrelated query to everyone here, is there any owners group for Himalayan Owners on whatsapp or other platforms?
Old 14th November 2022, 13:43   #1565
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you! How much brighter are these than stock though? Also another unrelated query to everyone here, is there any owners group for Himalayan Owners on whatsapp or other platforms?
Let me be a bit more useless - bright enough that you can see a difference between this & the stock ones. But not bright enough to have an overall significant impact on visibility. I do not recall the lumens and temperature figures.

I'm not part of a Himalayan owners group. I recall there being one on Facebook.
shyamg28 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2022, 10:45   #1566
BHPian

Quote:
Quick Question, can the sarree guard not be mounted back with this?
Old 18th November 2022, 21:36   #1567
BHPian

Quote:
Quick Question, can the sarree guard not be mounted back with this?
It can be. Different mounting points. I removed mine permanently.

Since you asked, I must add, I have since gotten rid of this mudguard. It lasted me one entire Bangalore-Spiti-Bangalore trip (log pending ) + some, before the mounting rod became loose, resulting in the mudguard rubbing against the tyre.

Take a look at the Art of Motorcycles one. They have a single sided, but more solid mounted mudguard from what I can see.

https://artofmotorcycles.co/royal-en...-splash-guard/
Old 18th November 2022, 21:46   #1568
BHPian

Quote:
Haha Thank you! Looking forward to your Log
Old 5th December 2022, 14:59   #1569
BANNED

Today I saw a 411 Scram in our parking and its single seat looks really nice, does anyone know if the Scram 411 seat is direct fit on the Himalayan?
Old 8th December 2022, 22:18   #1570

Folks, Are you able to advise if there is a PDI checklist for the himalayan?
I have searched on the forum and results are mixed (and also confused on the dealer PDI).
Old 10th December 2022, 00:53   #1571
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhpmooney View Post
Folks, Are you able to advise if there is a PDI checklist for the himalayan?
I have searched on the forum and results are mixed (and also confused on the dealer PDI).
https://www.xbhp.com/talkies/motorcy...pection-thread

Perhaps this might help.

Cheers!
VJ
VijayAnand1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2022, 10:39   #1572
BHPian

Hey All, I just came across something very concerning. I'm not sure about how true this is and am yet to verify it.

As per this video https://www.instagram.com/p/Cl-Q_kXNHz8/ the 2022 BS6 Himalayans are allegedly affected by this. The person claims that the same key is able to start multiple Himalayans. Could the members here please verify and update on the same? I'll do so too as and when I'm able to do so. If this is true, this is absolutely ridiculous.
Old 16th December 2022, 14:03   #1573
Team-BHP Support

I wanted MRF for my front but was unable to find them except a few manufactured in 2019.

Finally settled with Apollo.
https://shop.apollotyres.com/actigrip-f6-90-21-tt

I bought it from a store, who overcharged me by a couple of hundreds. But at least it was a 2021 manufactured tire and I really did not want to risk ordering online and getting some older stock.

There is play developed in my newly changed cone set. Will have to go back to the service center and have it fixed.

Will install the artofmotorcycles cone set cap at the same time.

I am still waiting for RE to get the RR unit. Order was placed in the service center back in early August.

My sincere advice to everyone. Buy and keep one in stock. This is an extremely critical component that is not readily available.

The 1st-gen Royal Enfield Himalayan thread!-20221216_093935.jpg
bblost is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th December 2022, 20:16   #1574
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you! How much brighter are these than stock though?
Hi W-T-F, I just installed an LED bulb (link below) on my Scram 411 which has 1:1 placement of its LEDs as compared to that of halogen bulb filaments, which I think helps to spread the light very wide using the stock reflector effectively. Where as Nighteye has triangular placement of LEDs which cannot use the reflectors to its designed effectiveness. This is what made me go for it. This bulb has similar construction and quality to that of Cyclops at 1/3 cost. (But not a cree led)

Prior, I was using Philips Xtreme Vision (Rs900/- per bulb) which marginally improved brightness over the stock bulb which on the hindsight looks useless.

I also have 2 small Aux lights. Even with all 3 On, identifying potholes or humps (on the State Highways) was very hard, especially when there are partial street lights or if there were bright oncoming headlights.

With this new LED I guess that should be solved. The brightness is definitely much better that halogen and light spread is much wider than the halogen. And it is a pure white light. (Haven't gone on night ride yet after installing it. Can't fully appreciate its effectiveness until a night ride on state highway is done. (will update later)

canopus-h4-55w-led-headlight-bulb

---
Attached Thumbnails
The 1st-gen Royal Enfield Himalayan thread!-led_bulbs.jpg  

webjunk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th December 2022, 12:49   #1575
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by webjunk View Post
Thank you! Do let us know your long term review

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks