Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2016, 00:10   #16
BHPian

Re: From XUV500 to Ertiga to Avenger to KTM Duke 200! How I fell in love with Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp417 View Post

I'm planning to go to Sai Service's center at Phugewadi for first service.
Congratulation brother on owning the best bike in market !

Yes you are right go to Sai Service Phugewadi only, meet a service manager Sachin, very good guy and knowledgeable as well.

Do not go to Aadivenno at all they are really bad in service. I kept my 390 for radiator fan issue for single day, the side mirror was broken and the front mudguard extension was missing/stolen. After lots of discussion with the service person he replaced the mirror with used one.

Happy riding !
Thar4x4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2016, 09:28   #17
BHPian

Re: From XUV500 to Ertiga to Avenger to KTM Duke 200! How I fell in love with Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thar4x4 View Post

Yes you are right go to Sai Service Phugewadi only, meet a service manager Sachin, very good guy and knowledgeable as well.

Do not go to Aadivenno at all they are really bad in service. I kept my 390 for radiator fan issue for single day, the side mirror was broken and the front mudguard extension was missing/stolen. After lots of discussion with the service person he replaced the mirror with used one.

Happy riding !
Did you go to their new SVC in Nal Stop? I generally had very good experience at Aadivenno Baner but the nal stop one seems to be extremely cramped.

But what is going on with KTM SVC in Pune? SNK KTM had showroom and SVC in Wakdewadi but now the SVC is now moved to Wagholi! Aadivenno had showroom and SVC in Baner but that is now moved to Nal Stop. And Sai had showroom in Bund Garden and SVC in Kothrud which is now moved to Phugewadi!
timuseravan is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2016, 11:11   #18
BHPian

Hi,
My front MRF tyre had a slow puncture which was detected by the MRF company service at Wakadewadi. They promptly replaced the tyre. the wheel assembly needs to be removed from the bike and then given to them as they lack the expertise in removing and refitting KTM bikes' wheels.
Regarding my clutch problem,my clutch cable had gone hard and operation was painful. This, coupled with the levers (mine is a 2015 model) was an ergonomic disaster.
AmarPaithankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2016, 15:25   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by timuseravan View Post
Did you go to their new SVC in Nal Stop? I generally had very good experience at Aadivenno Baner but the nal stop one seems to be extremely cramped.

But what is going on with KTM SVC in Pune? SNK KTM had showroom and SVC in Wakdewadi but now the SVC is now moved to Wagholi! Aadivenno had showroom and SVC in Baner but that is now moved to Nal Stop. And Sai had showroom in Bund Garden and SVC in Kothrud which is now moved to Phugewadi!
Yes, I am talking about Nal Stop one. I purchased bike from KTM Baner but serviced at Nal Stop. Yes my first service experience was good however for second service I did mistake of leaving bike for a day which cased the said problem. All SVCs are same only thing you can do it wait there and get bike serviced for good result or at least avoid frustration.
Old 21st April 2016, 20:07   #20
BHPian

Quote:

Happy riding !
Thanks for this information. Though Nal stop is very convenient for me, will skip it.
I believe KTM offers express service (2 hrs) as well. Can you please confirm?
Me and my buddy plan to wait till the service is done and drive back the bike immediately.

Quote:

Can someone please confirm how many KTM service centers are in Pune?
I am aware of only Phugewadi, Nalstop, Wagholi and Bund garden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmarPaithankar View Post
Hi,
My front MRF tyre had a slow puncture which was detected by the MRF company service at Wakadewadi. They promptly replaced the tyre. the wheel assembly needs to be removed from the bike and then given to them as they lack the expertise in removing and refitting KTM bikes' wheels.
Regarding my clutch problem,my clutch cable had gone hard and operation was painful. This, coupled with the levers (mine is a 2015 model) was an ergonomic disaster.
So it was a manufacturing defect with the tyre issue?
Old 21st April 2016, 22:48   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for this information. Though Nal stop is very convenient for me, will skip it.
Me and my buddy plan to wait till the service is done and drive back the bike immediately.
KTM service in 2 hours is joke , its all depend on mood of the person who is working on your bike.

However my experience with Sai Service is good, I never waited there and Sachin took all the care to deliver the bike in perfect condition.

I will suggest call Sai Service and get appointment and tell them that you are going to wait as you are coming from long distance. Also stand beside bike saying I am not monitoring you but I have interest in my machine and want to learn how the basic things works.
Old 22nd April 2016, 09:35   #22
BHPian

Quote:
If you plan to wait, Nal stop should also good option. I have had my bike serviced at their Baner showroom and the workmen are good.
Just call couple of day ahead, and tell them to take your bike first thing in the morning and that you plan to wait till the bike is ready. Then reach 15-20 mins before SVC opening to ensure your bike will be done first.
I always wait and the complete servicing does not take more than 2 hours at max.

Quote:
AFAIK Bund garden does not have SVC - only showroom.

Last edited by timuseravan : 22nd April 2016 at 09:37.
timuseravan is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2016, 14:11   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
KTM service in 2 hours is joke , its all depend on mood of the person who is working on your bike.
Not sure of the situation in Pune. Here in Bangalore, I have stuck to the Kasturba Road SVC always for the past 2 years. I have never ever left the bike with them. I have always waited and got the bike back. During this process one thing i observed is that the technician working on your bike will finish the service in about 1.5 hours. The remaining 1-2 hour wait is for the bike wash and polish as a queue would have built up for the wash. There are times where I have asked for bike to be delivered without a wash and have got it done outside. Even my front left fork seal was replaced in 1 hour flat including a replacement of fuel filter. So the work is not what takes most time (unless it is a major issue that needs rectification). Routine service will get done pretty fast.
abhinav.s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2016, 16:21   #24
BHPian

Quote:

There is one in Chinchwad as well, near Khandoba chowk. I get my duke serviced there regularly. The SA, Ajit, is very knowledgeable and takes care of all issues very well. The only downside is that since the center is small, and a lot of bikes, it usually takes a couple of days to get servicing done. But the level of workmanship is very very good IMHO.
asivan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2016, 20:30   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Not sure of the situation in Pune..
That's good situation there and yes it change person to person. My last issue was the radiator fan went kaput and the mechanic played with it for 30 min or so but can't open it. Finally I shouted on SVC manager and all mechanic gathered there to try their hands
Old 23rd April 2016, 09:30   #26
BHPian

Quote:

I'm planning to go to Sai Service's center at Phugewadi for first service.
What happened with Tyre and Clutch cable?

Could you please post pictures of; Clutch/brake levers, Windscreen and decals?
here are a few images of my KTM
Attached Thumbnails
From XUV500 to Ertiga to Avenger to KTM Duke 200! How I fell in love with Orange-20160423_080538.jpg  

From XUV500 to Ertiga to Avenger to KTM Duke 200! How I fell in love with Orange-20160423_080544.jpg  

From XUV500 to Ertiga to Avenger to KTM Duke 200! How I fell in love with Orange-20160423_080549.jpg  

Old 25th April 2016, 13:25   #27
BHPian

Quote:
However my experience with Sai Service is good, I never waited there and Sachin took all the care to deliver the bike in perfect condition.

I will suggest call Sai Service and get appointment and tell them that you are going to wait as you are coming from long distance. Also stand beside bike saying I am not monitoring you but I have interest in my machine and want to learn how the basic things works.
Last Friday went to Showroom to collect the Tax receipt. Asked SA about Phugewadi center and Sachin. He mentioned Sachin has been transferred to Wagholi. He asked me to contact Mr. Paigude and give reference of SA.
As far as watching the bike being serviced, I do that with my Silver Arrow. Whenever I get a chance, I sneak into the repair bay at the Maruti service center Have always found Maruti guys very helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
I have never ever left the bike with them. I have always waited and got the bike back.
Quote:
I always wait and the complete servicing does not take more than 2 hours at max.
Even I am planning to wait during my first service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asivan View Post
There is one in Chinchwad as well, near Khandoba chowk. I get my duke serviced there regularly. The SA, Ajit, is very knowledgeable and takes care of all issues very well. The only downside is that since the center is small, and a lot of bikes, it usually takes a couple of days to get servicing done. But the level of workmanship is very very good IMHO.
For now I am planning to go to Phugewadi.
Two days for bike servicing, isn't it too much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmarPaithankar View Post
here are a few images of my KTM
Decals look awesome. Definitely enhances the look.
Please provide details of following accessories and best place to buy.
1. Tank pad (a closer photo if possible)
2. Decals (are these available as powerparts?)
3. Rim stickers (are these available as powerparts?)
4. Windscreen (a closer photo if possible. Does this make any difference than the stock windscreen?)

Quote:
My last issue was the radiator fan went kaput.
Is it okay to ride the bike when the fan is not working? Will it damage any component?
Old 25th April 2016, 14:16   #28
BHPian

Except for windscreen, no other extra fitment like decals, etc are from the Powerparts menu.

Rim and other stickers are hand cut.

Windscreen partly shields the rider from winds at high speed. Mine, although smaller than what others use serves my purpose well. High speed rides are never an issue. I average about 68kph on an early Sunday morning Lonavala-Pune=Lonavala solo trip.

tank pad is of a Pulsar 200AS. However some minor re-profiing needs to be done around the outermost edges.
Old 25th April 2016, 20:30   #29
BHPian

Quote:

Is it okay to ride the bike when the fan is not working? Will it damage any component?
You can ride if only you are able to maintain the speed, it will cool the engine natural way however if you are in congested traffic then you have to switch off and let it cool for sometime. This happened to me in Khandala ghat while riding to Satara when the traffic was moving slow and I was not able to maintain the speed.
I parked it outside the road for some 15 min and then started riding again, completed the ride and came back to Pune without any over heat warning.
Old 28th April 2016, 12:53   #30
BHPian

The fan sometimes keeps spinning for a longer time..and many a times it starts even at crawling speeds. The new fans (with the cowling behind) seem to be noisier...!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks