Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2019, 13:12   #46
KPR
BANNED

Re: My Honda Navi: Navi Times Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
3rd Service Update : 1000kms
Our Navi reached 3+ years of ownership with almost 1000 kms on odometer.
Great ! I've always been a fan of your Italian cars and your two wheelers. Honda Navi is an unique offering. I'm very much fond of this bike and Aprilia SR150 for their uniqueness. How is the ride quality of Navi? How's the suspension as compared to other scooters in your garage?
Old 12th November 2019, 13:33   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPR View Post
How is the ride quality of Navi? How's the suspension as compared to other scooters in your garage?
The Stock Rear Supension is Rock Hard and Extremely Uncomfortable... not at all fun to ride on less than perfect roads.

Have seen videos on YouTube that a swap with the Rear Suspension of the TVS Jupiter improves things a bit.
payeng is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2019, 13:35   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Great ! I've always been a fan of your Italian cars and your two wheelers. Honda Navi is an unique offering. I'm very much fond of this bike and Aprilia SR150 for their uniqueness. How is the ride quality of Navi? How's the suspension as compared to other scooters in your garage?
Thanks for your appreciation. The suspension is a little stiff as the height of the vehicle is low compared to an Activa.
But this is a pocket rocket meant for short bursts and to have fun.Its a nice bike.
hillram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2019, 20:09   #49
BHPian

Hi hillram,

I enjoyed reading your ownership review of the Navi. Right from the time of it's launch I always wanted to buy one.

However it looks like getting a new one is not going to be easy. Most dealers do not have one in stock, nor are they enthusiastic about getting one if I book. They are trying to get me to buy an Activa

Finally the dealer in Calicut has few Navis' though the latest one they have is of the 2018 model (without the fuel gauge). Apparently it has not been used but been in the stockyard all this while. They are willing to sell it for 45k bucks on road (all inclusive plus few extras like helmet, mirrors, box, side stand etc.)

However I am bit wary of getting a model that will soon be 2 years old. Considering if I should switch to the Activa 5g (no offers though). Just wanted to know your thoughts on the same.

Also how bad is the self start? Will it be better in the Activa? From the review, this is what has me worried the most. I can adjust with all the other shortcomings

Looking forward for your inputs
Old 27th December 2019, 21:10   #50
BHPian

Hi,
My Navi has completed 22k km in 2.5 years. Between I paid 31k on road for the BS3 version.

About starting problem, if I leave the bike unused for few days then only I need 2-3 cranks or has to use choke.
I'm still on the stock battery.

Girish
girishv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2019, 22:41   #51
BHPian

Thank you for the input.

Guess the self start should not be a major issue and I can go ahead with the Navi purchase.

Must say, in the company of other modern scooters, it does look a bit aged, especially due to the poor paint finish
Old 29th December 2019, 09:17   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak View Post
Hi hillram,

I enjoyed reading your ownership review of the Navi. Right from the time of it's launch I always wanted to buy one.

However it looks like getting a new one is not going to be easy. Most dealers do not have one in stock, nor are they enthusiastic about getting one if I book. They are trying to get me to buy an Activa

Finally the dealer in Calicut has few Navis' though the latest one they have is of the 2018 model (without the fuel gauge). Apparently it has not been used but been in the stockyard all this while. They are willing to sell it for 45k bucks on road (all inclusive plus few extras like helmet, mirrors, box, side stand etc.)

However I am bit wary of getting a model that will soon be 2 years old. Considering if I should switch to the Activa 5g (no offers though). Just wanted to know your thoughts on the same.

Also how bad is the self start? Will it be better in the Activa? From the review, this is what has me worried the most. I can adjust with all the other shortcomings

Looking forward for your inputs
45k is a high price for 2018 Navi. You should bring it down to 35k with all accessories thrown in. Used Navis are sold at a pittance in the market.
Self Start for Honda Vehicles is a problem, Navi cant be spared.
A few cranks and application of choke will fire the engine.
Old 30th December 2019, 14:30   #53
BHPian

Thank you for your input.

I am not sure if they will agree for a bigger discount. They quoted 57k on road (guess they calculated the on road price of 2018) and then got it down to 45k along with the accessories.

Yes, the poor resale value of the Navi is also playing in my mind. But then I can over look that considering this is a heart decision.

Will the fuel injection tech in the newer scooters make cold starts easier? This is the first time I am buying one and hence these doubts.
Old 30th December 2019, 17:27   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak View Post
Thank you for your input.

I am not sure if they will agree for a bigger discount. They quoted 57k on road (guess they calculated the on road price of 2018) and then got it down to 45k along with the accessories.

Yes, the poor resale value of the Navi is also playing in my mind. But then I can over look that considering this is a heart decision.

Will the fuel injection tech in the newer scooters make cold starts easier? This is the first time I am buying one and hence these doubts.
I agree with the other forum members, the Rs 45,000 price does appear to be rather steep. Do keep in mind that the dealer is 3 months away from sitting on completely dead stock since it is BS4 only. If he doesnt sell it to customers, he needs to buy it himself and then flip it in the second hand market at rock bottom prices. That will be his least preferred option.

Work towards a deal in the next few weeks and Im sure you will come to with a favourable price.
neil.jericho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2019, 21:18   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
I agree with the other forum members, the Rs 45,000 price does appear to be rather steep. Do keep in mind that the dealer is 3 months away from sitting on completely dead stock since it is BS4 only. If he doesnt sell it to customers, he needs to buy it himself and then flip it in the second hand market at rock bottom prices. That will be his least preferred option.

Work towards a deal in the next few weeks and Im sure you will come to with a favourable price.
Ok I will speak to the manager once again and see how the pricing works out.

He has only few 2018 models with him- rest are of 2017 make. There is not much of a difference though. They don’t have the ones with the fuel gauge. Will keep you guys posted
Old 14th July 2020, 20:36   #56
KPR
BANNED

Honda dealers have registered BS4 vehicles in their names. Now selling those vehicles. One of the dealer nearby is selling Navi yellow colour BS4 with box and basic accessories at 45k. I had asked for 35k including accessories. He may settle down for 40k. Is it worth buying it considering me being a second owner already? Thought this can replace my 13 year old libero bike.
Old 14th July 2020, 21:29   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Honda dealers have registered BS4 vehicles in their names. Now selling those vehicles. One of the dealer nearby is selling Navi yellow colour BS4 with box and basic accessories at 45k. I had asked for 35k including accessories. He may settle down for 40k. Is it worth buying it considering me being a second owner already? Thought this can replace my 13 year old libero bike.
Used Navis are sold for about 25-30k, say 2-3 years old (Navi was launched in 2016-May).
35K is an ideal deal for a 2019 BS4. I suggest pick it up at this rate.
Old 14th July 2020, 21:33   #58
KPR
BANNED

Quote:
Used Navis are sold for about 25-30k, say 2-3 years old (Navi was launched in 2016-May).
35K is an ideal deal for a 2019 BS4. I suggest pick it up at this rate.
Let me bargain for 35k. Dealer has somehow managed to come till 40K so far. So let me check tomorrow if he can bring down to 35K. But I had started at 30K and he started at 50K. Funny when he said OTR price is 60K and will give this one for 50K that too already registered in first owner name.
Old 14th July 2020, 21:40   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Let me bargain for 35k. Dealer has somehow managed to come till 40K so far. So let me check tomorrow if he can bring down to 35K. But I had started at 30K and he started at 50K. Funny when he said OTR price is 60K and will give this one for 50K that too already registered in first owner name.
When i bought in 2016 at Introductory price of 39K ex-shwroom and 45K OTR, it was a showstopper...plus I added an adventure kit of 5K, literally free as there was an offer. Eventually Honda started selling with forced Adventure Kit at 60K OTR. There were no takers and eventually, they had to even discontinue.
Tell dealer all these facts,he will come down to 35K.
Old 14th July 2020, 21:46   #60
KPR
BANNED

Quote:
When i bought in 2016 at Introductory price of 39K ex-shwroom and 45K OTR, it was a showstopper...plus I added an adventure kit of 5K, literally free as there was an offer. Eventually Honda started selling with forced Adventure Kit at 60K OTR. There were no takers and eventually, they had to even discontinue.
Tell dealer all these facts,he will come down to 35K.
Yes sure. I find this Navi with Adventure kit and stickering looks really unique and good. Let me see if I can get at 35K. Maybe if I get with basic accessories still I need to buy kit at extra 5K which comes to 40K.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks