Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2016, 19:40   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Honda Navi: Navi Times Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
Yesterday I got the HS number plates fitted on my Navi.

Looking to now do some customization. Noticed that the Street version of the Navi (see picture) has alloy wheels. Any idea if these are available from Honda? Was wondering if they could be from the Activa 125.

They definitely enhance the look of the bike. I would love to upgrade the wheels to alloys.
John this version of alloy wheeled beefed up Navi might not come in near future as the accessories will cost very high and will push the price to a higher level.This will deter buyers to a great extent.

Last edited by Aditya : 25th November 2017 at 08:37. Reason: Fixing quote tags
hillram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2016, 19:53   #17
Senior - BHPian

Ist Service (1000kms or 1 Month) for my NAVI:
At the end of 1st month of ownership, I got a prompt call from Orange Honda to bring in my Navi for 1st Free Servicing. I took sometime and left my Navi and the much awaited accessories also arrived,so it was going to be a feast.
My Navi had done just 130kms..
1st free servicing involved only oil change(or else it would void warranty) and air filter cleaning along with carburetor tuning and a good water wash.
I went to pick up my Navi after paying a bill of Rs.295 (for oil change 750ml).
I asked the service engineer to reduce RPM so that there is no rear wheel spinning when the engine is in idling.
Now the accessories were all fitted and it changed the Navi looks.Though most of the plastic accessories are tacky and cheap, they look well positioned to enhance looks.
I will do a better photoshoot with the new looks of my Navi and cover the accessories part and their associated cost.
Honda Standard Service Chart
My Honda Navi: Navi Times Roll-img_20160610_175828.jpg
LHS view with accessories
My Honda Navi: Navi Times Roll-img_20160610_181825.jpg
RHS View with accessories
My Honda Navi: Navi Times Roll-img_20160610_181940.jpg
Those 130kms...
My Honda Navi: Navi Times Roll-img_20160610_182013.jpg
Yours Truly victorious !!!
My Honda Navi: Navi Times Roll-img_20160610_182243.jpg
hillram is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th June 2016, 19:52   #18
Senior - BHPian

Accessories for NAVI
When I booked Navi, I also opted for Accessory Pack with comprised of :
1. Seat Cover
2.Head Light Guard and Visor
3.Crash Guard
4.Side Panel Covers
5.Rear Grab Rail
6.Front Wheel Nut Covers
7.Body Sticker Set
Honda charged Rs.5000 for this entire accessory pack.
After 1 month of delivery, I was informed that the Accessory pack had arrived for my NAVI. No time wasted, I coupled the accessory fitment with 1st Servicing.
Accessories came in 2 colors : Red and Orange.I choose Red colored accessories for my NAVI.

NAVI embossed Seat Cover with white thread stitching
My Honda Navi: Navi Times Roll-3.jpg
Headlight guard(Red Beard !!) with integrated visor. I decided to add HONDA decal on the visor
My Honda Navi: Navi Times Roll-4.jpg
Front Crash Guard(smaller compared to the bigger butterfly crash guard)
My Honda Navi: Navi Times Roll-5.jpg
Plastic side Panels
My Honda Navi: Navi Times Roll-6.jpg
Rear Grab Rail
My Honda Navi: Navi Times Roll-7.jpg
Front Wheel Nut covers
My Honda Navi: Navi Times Roll-8.jpg
Body Stickers LHS
My Honda Navi: Navi Times Roll-9.jpg
Body Stickers RHS
My Honda Navi: Navi Times Roll-10.jpg

The looks of NAVI have certainly been enhanced with these accessories IMHO,but what disappoints me is that the actual total cost of accessories will be much lesser that what I paid and some of the accessory parts are real cheap and made of tacky plastic.
My Honda Navi: Navi Times Roll-11.jpg
My Honda Navi: Navi Times Roll-12.jpg
My Honda Navi: Navi Times Roll-13.jpg
My Honda Navi: Navi Times Roll-14.jpg

Water Bottle Holder : Hillram's DIY
I was pondering for sometime as to how I can plug the huge space between Petrol tank and the Chassis.Honda is still developing a storage box to be fitted into this space.So decided to doodle !!
I ordered a Bicycle Bottle holder from Amazon.in (Rs.160), Bought 2 nos of Hose Ring clamps (Rs.10 each), Red Spray Paint Can (Rs.120) - Total DIY Cost Rs.300.The result turned out to be satisfactory effort and I could fit self created accessory with ease,which easily accommodated a Water Bottle !!
DIY begins
My Honda Navi: Navi Times Roll-.jpg
Support for RED DEVILS through my NAVI
My Honda Navi: Navi Times Roll-b.jpg
My Navi with and With out the Water Bottle
My Honda Navi: Navi Times Roll-c.jpg

Will I recommend accessories to be fitted to every Navi : Yes
This will definitely enhance its looks distinctively and beef it up little.
While we wait for Street and Off Road versions, the wait is indefinite and these versions will surely cost much more than the current standard version.

Last edited by hillram : 12th June 2016 at 20:00.
hillram is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2016, 21:15   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Accessories for NAVI
When I booked Navi, I also opted for Accessory Pack with comprised of :
1. Seat Cover
2.Head Light Guard and Visor
3.Crash Guard
4.Side Panel Covers
5.Rear Grab Rail
6.Front Wheel Nut Covers
7.Body Sticker Set
Honda charged Rs.5000 for this entire accessory pack.
After 1 month of delivery, I was informed that the Accessory pack had arrived for my NAVI. No time wasted, I coupled the accessory fitment with 1st Servicing.
Nice DIY The accessories definitely enhance the looks. However Honda should sell these individually so that owners can add what they like.

Last edited by .anshuman : 24th November 2017 at 20:21. Reason: Quote tag fixed. Thanks
Old 23rd June 2016, 22:07   #20
BHPian

That's a great looking bike/scooter/??? .. Navi (!!) you got there in your garage. I really don't know what category it falls under.

Hillram, don't mean to belittle your purchase as I admire your collection.

Just wondering from a lay man perspective how would it appeal ?
I really wonder what could be the strategy behind the launch of this vehicle. Its not fuel efficient, stores less than 4 liters of fuel with a range of 150kms (if that), it doesn't have a great build, its not priced strategically, women riders may not prefer it, even a normal built male would look big on this. Then why make this at all.

Is it merely a collectable and nothing more ?

MODS : Please delete post if need be. There seem to be a similar discussion going in the thread on Navi Launch.

Last edited by no_boundaries : 23rd June 2016 at 22:16.
Old 30th June 2016, 16:24   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_boundaries View Post
Is it merely a collectable and nothing more ?
From my perspective, it is purely a collectible, which will sit next to my Rajdoot Bobby as a Classic v/s modern.
Honda built Navi on the lines of Grom which is really a bike, but Navi is a concept in my opinion.
Thanks for admiring my collection which has all sizes of automobiles.
Old 30th June 2016, 22:31   #22
BHPian

Quote:
...but what disappoints me is that the actual total cost of accessories will be much lesser that what I paid and some of the accessory parts are real cheap and made of tacky plastic.
The quality of plastics used on Hondas has deteriorated over the years. The On road price of Hornet R is almost close 1L and you cant help notice the hard plastics with rough edges as well as parts being shared with lower priced Hondas. I mean, part sharing is good. But why not have a better made ones ?. The pattern seem to extend to cars as well, as some owners point out, the quality on cars have been falling very rapidly.
Old 1st July 2016, 10:22   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vignesh_N/A View Post
quality of plastics
Quality of plastics used in Indian automobile Industry has worsened over the years with cheap and tacky quality used to meet the costs.

But on the contrary, on Honda Navi, I found the plastics used were or better quality, like the faux carbon fibre finish tank pad, for example.
Old 15th August 2016, 19:35   #24
Senior - BHPian

I spotted the below modified Navi into a Trike I was quite obnoxious and messed up the looks completely.
Attached Thumbnails
My Honda Navi: Navi Times Roll-13901389_10154076591443300_491527213902023928_n.jpg  

Old 15th August 2016, 23:31   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

My initial thought was that it seems to be a perfect inexpensive vehicle for handicapped riders. Do you know if the dealer (Deccan Motorcycles in this case) getting these registered with the RTO? I am slowly seeing more and more Navis in Bangalore, they seem to be extremely convenient runabouts that fit wonderfully well in our crowded cities.

Quote:
I spotted the below modified Navi into a Trike I was quite obnoxious and messed up the looks completely.
On a lighter note, I am sure you meant "It was quite obnoxious..."
Old 16th August 2016, 09:12   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
My initial thought was that it seems to be a perfect inexpensive vehicle for handicapped riders. Do you know if the dealer (Deccan Motorcycles in this case) getting these registered with the RTO? I am slowly seeing more and more Navis in Bangalore, they seem to be extremely convenient runabouts that fit wonderfully well in our crowded cities.
Even I thought the modifications were made for handicapped riders. But don't you think getting on and off the vehicle will be difficult for them, scooter seems more practical for them.
ecenandu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2017, 18:49   #27
Senior - BHPian

2nd Year Servicing

Im back after a long hiatus of more than 15 months as I decided to get 2nd Annual Service done for our Navi.
There were no reminder calls nor any intimation, when the Service was due from Orange Honda.

I dropped off Navi at Orange Honda and the Odo read exactly 600kms !!!
My Honda Navi: Navi Times Roll-odo.jpg
As our Navi has covered just 600kms, Service Advisor gave me a suggestion to just change the oil and agreed to clean the air filter and check all other vital parameters.I agreed to this.

Finally, I was told that the Storage box was available after nearly more than 18 months after launch and my incessant follow up with Honda India and SVC. I asked them to fit the storage box which was costing Rs.996

Honda Service sinks low
I was promised the vehicle completed in all manner by 3pm and handover by 4.30pm. I reached SVC and found that the Navi was not ready. It was still to be washed. I waited nearly 90 minutes as the vehicle has to rewashed as the technician had left lot of oil marks on the body seat. Storage box was not fitted.
I was visibly frustrated as it has been more than 2 hours I was waiting in the SVC. I spoke to the Service head and gave a tough feedback.
At last our Navi was ready.
My Honda Navi: Navi Times Roll-svc.jpg
Service Cost is as below :
- Engine Oil : 198.00
- Drain Washer : 1.50
- Labor : 80.00
- Taxes : 50.00
Total : 329.50
Even if I had done a full 6000km service, the estimated Service Cost would have been not more than Rs.750
Engine Oil that was replaced, is an in house Honda produced oil.

My Honda Navi: Navi Times Roll-oil.jpg

A quick round of photo session near home..The storage box fits well and thus after nearly after 18 months of purchase..The Gap is Closed !!!
My Son, Vijay, on our Navi
My Honda Navi: Navi Times Roll-home-1.jpg
My Honda Navi: Navi Times Roll-home-2.jpg
My Honda Navi: Navi Times Roll-home-3.jpg
My Honda Navi: Navi Times Roll-home-4.jpg
Close up of Storage Box
My Honda Navi: Navi Times Roll-home-6.jpg
My Honda Navi: Navi Times Roll-home-5.jpg
The joy of Navi will continue as it still attracts an eye or two on the road. Its amazingly fast and quick and till date, there have been no niggles or issues.
Only if Honda Service was better..Still Im a braveheart..Im taking delivery of a new CLIQ tomorrow !!!Lets see if it Cliqs too !!!

Last edited by hillram : 24th November 2017 at 18:55.
Old 24th November 2017, 20:58   #28
BHPian

Congratulations on another scooter of your's sir Out of Yamaha Alpha and Navi which one would you suggest for heavy traffic conditions and broken roads?
Old 25th November 2017, 19:10   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neeraj1903 View Post
Congratulations on another scooter of your's sir Out of Yamaha Alpha and Navi which one would you suggest for heavy traffic conditions and broken roads?
Thanks for your wishes.
Yamaha Alpha and Honda Navi are totally different. Navi fulfills a quick zipping ride, and can cut through traffic and pot holes with ease.

Alpha is more built in size and meant to be enjoyed at reasonable speeds and of course, if you have a pillion rider, you ought to ride it safely.
Old 25th November 2017, 21:17   #30
BHPian

I have been using the Navi for over six months now, if there is one issue that i have to highlight, its the hard suspension. If roads are broken you literally have to crawl, else for sure its going to hurt your back. Its as hard as the Aprilia.

Apart from that its a convenient scoot and i use it daily for my commute from home to the Metro station, yes i don't drive to office anymore, Metro is so convenient and in fact takes the same time if I were to drive to office.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks