Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2016, 18:10   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: Rumour: Bajaj to update Pulsar line-up in the coming weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraNeel View Post
I replied to a post which said pulsar trio were not updated since 2000.
2000?? Pulsars were launched in 2001.

Till 2010 there was quite a lot of activity in terms of upgrades to the 150/180/220. But Since then it has just been color schemes and stickers. And which has actually worked till now.. since the people still seem to prefer the old models.

The Discussion is on these 3 models (150/180/220).

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraNeel View Post
Regarding the POOR cousin it was called by many automobile publications / reviews / users.
Really? I would be interested to read one.

Last edited by payeng : 23rd September 2016 at 18:27.
Old 23rd September 2016, 18:12   #17
Team-BHP Support

I somehow have not warmed up to the new Pulsar range of bikes, the new one's design doesn't appeal the way the older ones did. I find the P-200/180 the best looking Pulsar till date. And absolutely detest the RS, especially from rear.

Few issues remain, valves giving up, chain requiring frequent adjustments as well as tappets, gaskets still giving up [these I have seen happening] and to my untrained eye, the older lot appears to take abuse more liberally than the new lot.

Ideally there should be P-150/160 and P-225/250 and then a ~400. I would like to see them sorted and having at least a FI and progressive brakes.

Valvoline 4T Premium still works the best with the older gen Pulsars. Found out again.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2016, 18:23   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
I somehow have not warmed up to the new Pulsar range of bikes, the new one's design doesn't appeal the way the older ones did. I find the P-200/180 the best looking Pulsar till date. And absolutely detest the RS, especially from rear.

Few issues remain, valves giving up, chain requiring frequent adjustments as well as tappets, gaskets still giving up [these I have seen happening] and to my untrained eye, the older lot appears to take abuse more liberally than the new lot.

Issues and Reliability are over-hyped and just seem to be limited to discusson on online threads.. how else do one explain Royal Enfield selling every month about 4 times the number of Yamaha FZ's and many times over the R15 and the CBR250R .

It's just that the aam janata has "warmed up" so much to the Royal Enfield's that they appear HOT.

In the end, Its just how a bike LOOKS (Maybe Sound as well) .... probably the VS would look Good when it stands with a Royal Enfield.

Last edited by payeng : 23rd September 2016 at 18:26.
Old 23rd September 2016, 18:29   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by payeng View Post
Issues and Reliability are over-hyped and just seem to be limited to discusson on online threads.. how else do one explain Royal Enfield selling every month about 4 times the number of Yamaha FZ's and many times over the R15 and the CBR250R .
I am sharing as to what I have observed. And nothing is over-hyped, it is discussed because things are like that.

Enfields are a different breed, they appeal to a lot of people. But very few owners say that they are as reliable as a Honda.
Old 23rd September 2016, 18:33   #20
BHPian

Quote:
2000?? Pulsars were launched in 2001.

Till 2010 there was quite a lot of activity in terms of upgrades to the 150/180/220. But Since then it has just been color schemes and stickers. And which has actually worked till now.. since the people still seem to prefer the old models.

The Discussion is on these 3 models (150/180/220).
Really? I would be interested to read one.
Typo. Correction Since 2010.
Yes I know the discussion is about (150/180/220)
Please search for the reviews
Old 23rd September 2016, 20:43   #21
CGB
BHPian

Quote:
It's the Consumer demand which ultimately drives business decisions. The NS is being exported, that too with EFi to foreign markets.

Where there is is demand, there will be supply - Simple. Like how the demand for the Old/Original Pulsar still continues (even after 15 years) in India.

Or Maybe Bajaj would/should also stop them (the Pulsar Trio).. just like you have made your observation.
Do you really think that there was no demand which let Bajaj to stop kristal, pulsar 135, platina, discover 100, 135, 150, pulsar 200, pulsar AS and finally NS ? I have no clue why to introduce so many models and stop it.

They have silently removed to many nifty features that came with pulsar once. For example, self cancelling indicators. May I know why it was removed from present bikes ?

Anyways, if pulsar family gets a major changeover other than the sticks and panels, welcome.
Old 23rd September 2016, 22:44   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGB View Post
Do you really think that there was no demand which let Bajaj to stop kristal, pulsar 135, platina, discover 100, 135, 150, pulsar 200, pulsar AS and finally NS ? I have no clue why to introduce so many models and stop it.

They have silently removed to many nifty features that came with pulsar once. For example, self cancelling indicators. May I know why it was removed from present bikes ?

Guess.. Demand and Supply

By the way the Pulsar 135 is still on sale... get to see them in NCR
Old 24th September 2016, 08:52   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Guess.. Demand and Supply
Not just that. Some think tanks were heavily on dope.

CT-100 stopped to be launched again. Discover 150 and Pulsar 135, what sense does that make? I am yet to see any benefit from multiple spark plugs in a single cylinder bike.

Pulsar AS and NS have ceased production That is new for me.
Old 24th September 2016, 10:45   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I am yet to see any benefit from multiple spark plugs in a single cylinder bike.
Agree with all your points, but this one.

Multiple spark plugs increase the power way beyond other similar capacity bikes, as far as public is concerned. Two spark plugs = twice the power. Twice the efficiency too, each spark would give around 30 kmpl in other similar bikes.

Crowd would have gone fida if there were two exhausts as well.

PS - I'm an ex-Pulsar 180 DTSi owner who really used to love the package it offered a decade ago, but currently feel they completely failed to move the game forward since then.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2016, 11:58   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Not just that. Some think tanks were heavily on dope.

CT-100 stopped to be launched again. Discover 150 and Pulsar 135, what sense does that make? I am yet to see any benefit from multiple spark plugs in a single cylinder bike.

Pulsar AS and NS have ceased production That is new for me.
Triple spark plug is there for bettering fuel burning envelop, that in turn lets them one) give us good power plus better than competition milage vis-vis same CC engines and two) better burning means less after burn to deal with in turn that means cleaner exhaust, that is good for upcoming norms for gas emissions.

Understand that once a product is made which involves high costs on R&D, testing pre production, testing till clearance with RTO. All companies want the product to keep selling for as long as possible in this case this bike is clearly selling beyond its aesthetics to catch up with new gen bikes. Atleast this is is their engineering objective.

CRAZY DRIVER; Perception of public matters to the sales department regardless of their understanding, so yes the third advantage of " Triple Spark Plug" would be marketing noise.
Old 24th September 2016, 15:49   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by saargoga View Post
Triple spark plug is there for bettering fuel burning envelop, that in turn lets them one) give us good power plus better than competition milage vis-vis same CC engines and two) better burning means less after burn to deal with in turn that means cleaner exhaust, that is good for upcoming norms for gas emissions
How do others deal with emissions norms, by adding spark plugs? How mcuh does efficiency improve by adding plugs? I would really like to know this and with some substantial data.
Old 24th September 2016, 16:06   #27
BHPian

Quote:
How do others deal with emissions norms, by adding spark plugs? How mcuh does efficiency improve by adding plugs? I would really like to know this and with some substantial data.
I read about it years back when triple spark plug was announced, by google searches of course the paper was the patent application I think.

I am just quoting the same so to reiterate from engineering perspective third spark plug is there to improve (by how much bajaj will know) the combustion envelop, the same way the two spark plug ones differ from one spark plug engines.

I have this maybe this maybe this is of some use http://www.slideshare.net/jishnusree...spark-ignition
http://carnbikeexpert.com/new-and-ol...nition-engine/

Last edited by saargoga : 24th September 2016 at 16:09. Reason: adding more links
Old 24th September 2016, 21:51   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks.

This is what I wanted to know.
I edited to add another link below, I am hoping you read that too.

Quoting it verbatim

Quote:
What is Triple Spark Technology?
The Triple Spark Technology uses three spark plugs to ignite the fuel as against single spark plug in the conventional petrol engine design.

For: Increased power, throttle response and pick-up. By: Bajaj Pulsar 200NS

How Triple Or Three Spark Technology Works:
This technology is developed by Bajaj Auto and implemented in Bajaj Pulsar 200NS. The three spark plug technology provides fast and optimal combustion at part-load conditions. This helps in achieving better fuel efficiency and lower emissions.

The 3-Spark engine is controlled by an advanced Electronic Control Unit. As claimed by Bajaj Auto, the combustion in a 3-spark engine is 27% faster than a twin-spark engine and almost 50% faster than a conventional single-spark engine design.
Also this is my observation, that all bikes with this technology released by bajaj had carburator on board, they as I understand not as efficient in controlling fuel flow as a setup with FI/CPU thus prone to lesser emission standards, so probably this offsets that equation in BAJAJ bikes to some extent.

Also as you probably aware KTM 200 and NS 200 had a difference in engine vibe/smoothness curve too. Probably for the same reasons?

This is substantiated here
Quote:
Hence it can be concluded that the application of these technologies in the present day automobiles will give the present generation what they want i.e. power bikes with fuel efficiency. Since these technologies also minimize the fuel consumption and harmful emission levels, they can also be considered as one of the solutions for increasing fuel costs and increasing effect of global warming. The digital spark ignition is the best alternative for conventional ignition control.
linked here http://ijiet.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/39.pdf

Adding another link I think is worth reading.
http://indian2wheels.blogspot.in/201...s-it-just.html
http://bikestechnology.blogspot.in/2...echnology.html

A bit further but related
http://projectsreport.org/t-DIGITAL-...-in-I-C-Engine

https://www.academia.edu/6915940/Per..._Gasoline_fuel
Old 24th September 2016, 22:17   #29
Senior - BHPian

I some times just dont understand what kind of ISSUEs and UNRELIABILITY do people talk about.

I have had a Hero Honda Passion in 2002 till 2007, Then a CBZ till date and 2010 Pulsar 220 had it for a year before it got stollen.

The best bike in terms of comfort was Pulsar.
Best service (Interactive) was Pulsar.
Cheapest Service was Pulsar.
Cheapest spares were Pulsar.
Best Millage Pulsar (55 KMPL , Passion 52 KMPL, CBZ -40 KMPL (Sane Riding))

Now i still have to talk about the Yamaha sz that i had for some time.
--------------

Regarding the Pulsar, i have always felt that they evolve so much that any buyer would feel cheated cause most of the upgrade came for the same price what one would have paid just 3-4 months ago.

Last edited by desideep : 24th September 2016 at 22:19.
desideep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2016, 17:11   #30
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rumour: Bajaj to update Pulsar line-up in the coming weeks

2017 Bajaj Pulsar 220F and 180 spotted; launch by year end

Bajaj will be updating the Pulsar line-up by this year's end. Ahead of their official launch, the 2017 Pulsar 220F and the Pulsar 180 have been spotted without any camouflage.

Both the bikes feature a new colour scheme with contrasting decals. The 2017 Pulsar 220F continues to have the semi-faired structure. The exhaust gets a matte black treatment, while the instrument cluster too has been revised and now features blue back-lighting. The auto-choke has been replaced with a manual unit.

Rumour: Bajaj to update Pulsar line-up in the coming weeks-2017bajajpulsar220fredblackcolour.jpg

Rumour: Bajaj to update Pulsar line-up in the coming weeks-2017bajajpulsar220.jpg

The Pulsar 180 has been spotted in a Youtube video. It gets a 230 mm rear disc brake, which replaces the drum unit found in the current model. The Pulsar 180 also features the blue back-lit instrument cluster.

Rumour: Bajaj to update Pulsar line-up in the coming weeks-newbajajpulsar1801750x380.jpg

Both the bikes will continue to be powered by the same engine that powers the current models, though they will now be compliant with BS-IV emission norms. Power and torque outputs of both bikes are also likely to get a boost.

Source: AutoproMag and Dino's Vault

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by dZired : 7th November 2016 at 17:15.
dZired is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks