Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2017, 12:36   #16
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: DC Design to enter bike customization market

I find DC's modified cars to be repulsive, but will admit that I like the bike in the opening post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VellVector View Post
IMHO, this is the wrong range of the motorcycle market for them to enter in India. There are many Harley owners in India who would pay good money for a custom job, I don't see too many potential enfield buyers doing the same.
Really? From what I see on the forum, there are plenty of customised Enfields, but not so many Harleys. Could be because the latter constitutes a small % of the market, and their bikes are stunners already.

I'd say the market potential for modded Bullets is strong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Although I like the design a bit - the ergonomics have taken a very bad hit.
But wouldn't the ergonomics be hit on most modified cruisers & choppers? The Vardenchi & Rajputana bikes seem to make things very difficult for the rider (although they look awesome).
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2017, 12:55   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Really? From what I see on the forum, there are plenty of customised Enfields, but not so many Harleys. Could be because the latter constitutes a small % of the market, and their bikes are stunners already.
A good chuck of the Harley's you see out on the road are running quite a few off the shelf custom pieces, all of which carry hefty price tags. In the US, prices for third party accessories are cheaper than the official HD accessories and some are considered superior.

Unfortunately the same is not available in India, which limits owners to depending on Harley India's bad support for their custom kit or importing it from the US themselves.

A good Indian custom house building QUALITY custom kit for Harley's would be well received amongst the HD owners. However DC would have to prioritize functionality over flash to be successful in this market, something they tend not to do.
VellVector is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2017, 14:47   #18
BHPian

Long legs like an ostrich, flexibility of flubber, and the grey cells from a dead toad,that's what you need to have to ride this. Seriously who in their right mind would create this, even with the excuse of it just being a design exercise.

DC has been synonymous with ruining cars and now they have pointed their weapons of mass destruction pointed squarely at our motorcycles. I have always, always loathed their design and this especially at this price tank makes me wonder what those guys are smoking.
I do agree customized rides are more showboating rather than actual ride ability, but this takes the cake. The only caveat being you can't eat this cake!

Last edited by Roomy : 23rd January 2017 at 15:03.
Old 23rd January 2017, 15:28   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

As it is usual with DC, immaculate execution with many eyes on the details with extraordinarily perfect parts, visualized and put together by a completely blind man.

PS:I remember another bike that he did decades ago, called the Phatak. Is it the yellow one posted here?
mayankk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th February 2017, 18:10   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I find DC's modified cars to be repulsive, but will admit that I like the bike in the opening post.

I'd say the market potential for modded Bullets is strong.

Its now time to start a Weird and Wacky 2 wheeler thread.
slicvic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2017, 20:28   #21

I always liked RE classic but I don't know what was blocking me to go for it until I see DC modification on it. Though the design/positioning of number plate and danger light were defining the classic character of the bike, to me it was an eye sore.

To be very honest, I liked the DC carbon shot modification to great extent however too much of chrome was a let down. Also, Paying 76K over and above the base price of the donor vehicle is something which I could never convince myself to do.

But I guess I could do minimal modification taking few design cues from DC. Finally I think I could get an RE classic for myself.

My version of RE as below. Please share your views.

DC Design to enter bike customization market-my-version.jpg
vjstanka is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th February 2017, 21:24   #22
BHPian

The original is far far far better than the ugly DC design. DC has again proved that he is capable of designing vehicles that look like bullshit
Ashley Nair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2017, 15:11   #23
BHPian

I agree there are lot of Royal Enfield customized bikes compared to others primarily because of the high cost of the donor Harley for example. here are some more examples.

DC Design to enter bike customization market-_j5a9715.jpeg

DC Design to enter bike customization market-_j5a9807.jpeg

DC Design to enter bike customization market-bike3993.jpeg

DC Design to enter bike customization market-bike4170.jpeg
Old 17th February 2017, 16:00   #24
Senior - BHPian

Before branching into this line of business, DC should have showcased a few custom bikes in the bike festivals that are plenty in India these days. Should have helped them gauge the sentiment, compare themselves against some serious custom shops out there and rework/hire some right talent. Maybe they could have just invested in a budding & talented custom bike shop (they could always use some support - monetary, marketing, work facilities) and co-branded.

To me, this likes DC's attempt to cash on its brand value (what ever it is) without doing any sound background work. This is going to get a quiet burial in a few months.

Last edited by Nilesh5417 : 17th February 2017 at 16:01.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks