Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2017, 12:52   #1
Senior - BHPian

DC Design to enter bike customization market

DC Design is entering the bike customisation market with the launch of a sub brand - DC2. This new arm will be dedicated to design and offer customised kits for a wide range of motorcycles in the Indian market. The company has kick started its motorcycle customization business by unveiling its first custom bike, called the DC2 CarbonShot. It is based on a Royal Enfield Bullet 350.

The DC2 Carbon Shot comes with an all-LED headlamp while the front indicators have been placed in billet casing. The front and rear fenders are made of real carbonfibre. The bike gets a single rider seat built from steel and leather, which also gets integrated LEDs that function as tail light and rear indicators. A custom fuel tank cover has been fabricated using billet, chrome and carbonfibre, which bolts on to the original fuel tank to offer a retro look. The air filter and battery cover are said to have been designed by taking inspiration from luxury watches. They are made of a mixture of billet aluminium and carbon.

The company hasn't fiddled with any major components of the bike, including the suspension, frame, engine, instrument cluster and brakes. Bookings for the DC2 CarbonShot are currently underway. The entire customization kit costs Rs. 76,000 (exclusive of the price of the stock bike).

DC Design to enter bike customization market-carbonshotbasedonroyalenfieldbullet350_827x510_71484823107.jpg

DC Design to enter bike customization market-dc2carbonshot_827x510_81484823059.jpg

DC Design to enter bike customization market-dcdesigncustomisedroyalenfield_827x510_41484823147.jpg

DC Design to enter bike customization market-16177624_1260252444066811_6441832047654800017_o.jpg
Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by dZired : 20th January 2017 at 12:54.
dZired is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 20th January 2017, 13:07   #2
BHPian

Re: DC Design to enter bike customization market

DC should really just stick to cars . That tank is sooo long feels like the rest of the bike has been chopped off. And what a waste of carbon fibre (hope it is vinyl).
nitro.1000bhp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th January 2017, 13:18   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro.1000bhp View Post
DC should really just stick to cars . That tank is sooo long feels like the rest of the bike has been chopped off. And what a waste of carbon fibre (hope it is vinyl).
Yes the tank is a turn off. But I would wait and watch. Maybe they will come up with some more interesting designs going forward.
mshooli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2017, 13:33   #4
Senior - BHPian

This is a disaster to drive in rains or even in water clogged roads. Prepare for a muddy backside after a ride on wet roads.
They should pay a little more attention to the practical aspects of the design, rather than just the looks.

Apart from that, the design actually looks good to me.

Last edited by vinit.merchant : 20th January 2017 at 13:35.
vinit.merchant is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th January 2017, 13:34   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dZired View Post
DC Design is entering the bike customisation market
You mean re enter right?
has everyone forgotten this
DC Design to enter bike customization market-yamaha.jpg

Image source: http://mohitsureka.tripod.com/yamaha.htm
greenhorn is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 20th January 2017, 13:41   #6
BHPian

IMHO, this is the wrong range of the motorcycle market for them to enter in India. There are many Harley owners in India who would pay good money for a custom job, I don't see too many potential enfield buyers doing the same.
VellVector is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th January 2017, 14:09   #7
A M
BHPian

I have my doubts on the ergonomics also. Reaching the handlebar will be a stretch with such a long fuel tank.
A M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2017, 14:31   #8
Senior - BHPian

Their car customization was a disaster (?) and I don't think their bike ones will fly either. This one just looks really really odd to me, but then I have seen quite a few people take a liking to what I find as odd. So, something to wait and watch I guess.
Old 20th January 2017, 17:45   #9
BHPian

Cool! Because NOBODY ever makes customized Enfields in India! What a brave new idea! Wow!

/excessive sarcasm
//but really, I'm kinda curious about what else they might do besides whatever this is.
marcussantiago is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2017, 21:32   #10
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Although I like the design a bit - the ergonomics have taken a very bad hit. Tank has been elongated but the footpegs and handlebars remain the same. Can't even imagine the riding position.

Again when I meant I like the design, it's only to do with the tank and th seat, and excluding the :
Front mudguard
Rear mudguard
Stock wheels and exhaust
v12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2017, 22:06   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

DC should stick to cars.

Remember, you can still feel comfortable in a hideous looking car with nice seats and plush interiors, but you cant live with a hideous looking motorcycle with messed up ergonomics. It is dangerous and takes the pleasure of riding out of the equation.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th January 2017, 22:21   #12
BANNED

My heartfelt sympathies to the bikes in this time of their grief!! May Lord give them strength to tide over this tragedy.
chaudh2s is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 21st January 2017, 19:02   #13
BHPian

I really hate the design and really looks like a chopped/mini bike. That said, I have never been a DC fan but that being solely my honest opinion.

The tank is aluminium with a carbon cover. Only the fenders are carbon fibre.

Slightly off topic but if I have to customise my bike then it would be Rajputana customs. They have some phenomenal designs.

Last edited by Rehaan : 2nd February 2017 at 13:55. Reason: Linking to Rajputana thread :)
ramgkulkarni is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st January 2017, 20:55   #14
BHPian

How can someone in their right mind design this? Will this one actually be rideable? How is the rider supposed to sit and ride like that? The positioning of the seat and footpegs seem awfully done when you take into account the design of the handlebar, which appears to be stock.

I am sorry, but this looks like a joke to me.

DC, being a large design house, comes up with this, while small teams are coming up with such tasteful customizations. Here's an Electra by Eimor Customs, which am sure many of you remember from their Thunderbird build which was quite famous on the forum.
DC Design to enter bike customization market-15896177_1186956161341927_5003878328723438653_o.jpg
Credits

Also, just as another example of my previous statement, here's a custom Himalayan which simply looks amazing according to me. It's done by Inline3, which as far as I know is primarily managed by one guy.
DC Design to enter bike customization market-customisedroyalenfieldhimalayaninline37.jpg
Credits

Neel
petrolhead_neel is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st January 2017, 23:54   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Can easily conclude that any Indian or imported bike stock design in most cases, are most likely better and are most likeable, as compared to any DC design or Mod.

Hence, we need to in most cases, keep most away from most such DC designs.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks