Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2007, 12:10   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumitsingh View Post
Hi Maxguru,

Thanks for posting the pic of your bike. It looks fantastic. Could you share some more pictures of your bike to give me an idea about the tyres. Upfront, Back and 3 quarters from back would be great.

In addition, can you share some details regarding the tyres, where, how much, tube less or tube type and what modification to the bike if any you had to do to get this feel.

Thanks,
Sumit.

i saw pic of ur bike .. it looks grt8 too .. just a suggestion remove the saree gaurd and paint the rear seat holder with the body color... it will look neat .. otherwise its very neat bike.
Old 4th June 2007, 12:16   #17
BHPian

Great MaxGuru,

This place rocks... Response already posted within an hour.. Wow.. fantastic.

You have indicated that at the rear, its a 4.00 x 18.. It translates to about 10 cm wide tyre.. which I suppose is what the Karizma originally comes with ( 100/90 x 18).

Are these two tyres Tube less type?

Did you have to do any modifications to the bike to fit the front tyre.. I am assuming since the 4.00 tyre is similar to the original one, you didn't have to make any modifications to the year.

I would like to upgrade to a Tube Less tyre variety. Did you say you have the Michellin M45 tyres?

Thanks Mate.

Ride Safe.

-Sumit
Old 4th June 2007, 12:34   #18
BHPian

i have a 120/18 in my karizma vee rubber tubless for the rear...my pickup has decreased a bit.. bt bike is lookin better i have friends who are using 140/18 also but the handling,pick up,average has fallen for them..so i suggest to lower down the widht as 130,120 are fine
Old 4th June 2007, 13:08   #19

no the tyres are i have are tube type and the karizma does not come with 4 x 18 rear ... its 100/90 rear ... and i have instaled 130/90 rear ... and in front it comes with 2.75 x 18and i have istalled 3.25 x 18 .... yes both are michelin. and they are tube type ... yes in the fron i had to remove the internal clip that connects the two suspension above the tyre .. tough some expert say ishould install it back and rather go for 3.00 x 18 for front which are best.

i would till suggest u to look gor M45 as the are the best tyere for karizma ... and the are michilen soft rubber compund, no one brand(not likes tock MRF hard sompund which are worst tyres ever in this world, which never get torn out ever how many ever milllion kms u ride, u will still find them new),
Old 4th June 2007, 13:17   #20

with 130 i dint find any decrease in pck up at all .. and my avg. is stil lsame around 40 in city.. highway around 45... and i have ridden constantly at speed of 60 and i got an avg. of 55
Old 5th June 2007, 09:01   #21
BHPian

Maxguru, Thanks once again for addressing my queries :-).

NoidaBoy, I am interested in getting a 120/80x18 rear tyre tubeless for my Karizma and a 3.25x18 for the front ( tubeless again). Where in Noida/Delhi can I get this done? Any recommendations..

Thank you all.
Old 5th June 2007, 10:06   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumitsingh View Post
Maxguru, Thanks once again for addressing my queries :-).

NoidaBoy, I am interested in getting a 120/80x18 rear tyre tubeless for my Karizma and a 3.25x18 for the front ( tubeless again). Where in Noida/Delhi can I get this done? Any recommendations..

Thank you all.
i do not recoment 3.25 for front ...... go for 3.00 M45 .. they are best
Old 18th June 2007, 20:59   #23

130/80 is possible on karizma

130/80 is possible on karizma,yes and in without any modifications
I had already done that. my love picture is on my another thread
in "threads of karizma." go and see and give some replys or comments to me guyz.
Old 6th August 2007, 13:55   #24
BHPian

Hello Everyone,

Thank you everyone for helping me select my tyre. Had gone to Carol Bagh and got the rear tyre changed and now I have a tubeless 130/80 Kings Tyre at the rear. While there, I got a K&N filter also installed on the bike. Here are my observations post the replacements.

a) The bike height has definitely increase since the due the tyre height changing from 90 to 104 mm.

b) The shocks had to be lowered by 3 inches so that the tyre does not fool around with the underbelly of the rear seat

c) Some additional couplers were added and the chain gaurd had to be cut partially since I wanted it to fitted in

d) After the K&N filter and the change in the tyre, the bike definitely stops more assuringly but feel the top speed of the bike has reduced while at the same time the fuel mileage as gone down by 2-3 kilometres.

I rear on the orkut fan club that the change in tyre might cause a change in the speedometer, odometer and mileage calculations since the meters are calibrated to use the old tyre. Can someone enlighten me on this... would love to know how much of the change in speeds, distance and mileage reading is due to this?

Here is a snap of the bike with the new tyre.

With Regards,
Sumit.
Old 6th August 2007, 14:10   #25
BANNED

Karizma is hardly putting 12 HP at rear wheel then also you want wider tires?Stick to 100/90 and as many said go for Mich M45.
Old 11th April 2009, 13:18   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
Karizma is hardly putting 12 HP at rear wheel then also you want wider tires?Stick to 100/90 and as many said go for Mich M45.
Then to which wheel the rest of 4 hp going brother?
Old 11th April 2009, 23:46   #27
BHPian

actually more like 14.1-14.2 hp at the wheel . The balance power isn't going to any other wheel , it's lost is overcoming friction and turning the mass of the clutch,gearbox,chain sprockets itself , together this is called transmission loss and is usually to the tune of 10-15% , and nearabout every bike I know of conforms to this range.
Old 13th April 2009, 19:07   #28
BANNED

Got your Karishma Kapoor tested on dyno, you'll come to know the actual figures.Mostly 20-25% power get wasted during transmission from crank to gears to chain to again rear sprocket.
Old 13th April 2009, 19:23   #29
Senior - BHPian

Yeah it does put out around 14 horses on the dyno.
Old 20th April 2009, 08:55   #30
BHPian

@Sumit singh- Congratulations on your modifications. Welcome to the non-stock bikers world heheh.
a) is true
b) is unbelievable, what might have been done is you've adjusted the suspension to the third max preload towards Hard. Does NOT make a difference in height. Although even at hardest settings the karizma's shocks are about as pliant as a Kurl-on mattress.
c) You had to do what you had to do....sigh.
d) Increased contact area and additional rolling mass of the tyre give you that feeling.
No the speedometer calibratation is done w.r.t. front not rear tyre so it only measures the speed of the front. It would only make a difference if you fitted a high profile or smaller/larger rim.

@MAXGURU - Fitting a larger front is not advisable, worsens handling like nothing else.
97 Octane is NOT going to do you any good. Its a waste of money, but its your money so use it if you like. Regular pump fuel is fine, always top it off with a litre of Speed(93) or Power so that the detergents in the premium fuel keep your engine clean. 97 octance is meant for high compression engines to reduce knocking.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks