Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2017, 17:16   #1
Senior - BHPian

Fuel-injection coming to the Royal Enfield Himalayan

Royal Enfield will be launching the FI, ABS version of Himalayan in May 2017. This version of Himalayan is already being shipped to US and UK. The price is expected to be dearer by 30000 rs and is above the 6000 rs they had increased recently after upgrading the engines to BSIV norms.

Source : Rushlane

P.S : Mods, please merge with existing thread if any .

Last edited by GTO : 31st March 2017 at 09:27. Reason: Small typo :)
TorqueyTechie is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 30th March 2017, 19:07   #2
BHPian

re: Rumour: Fuel-injection & ABS coming to the Royal Enfield Himalayan

Has this been confirmed? From the overall tone of the article it seems pretty speculative. Also doesn't cite any sources of its info. Dealerships haven't confirmed anything about this, as well.
The_Mad_Hatter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2017, 19:38   #3
Senior - BHPian

re: Rumour: Fuel-injection & ABS coming to the Royal Enfield Himalayan

The Himalayan has an Ex-showroom price of Rs1.7 Lakh today. Add 36K to it, and it come to Rs 2.06 lakh Ex-showroom. In short an asking price of Rs 2.4 lakhs On road!

With the current ongoing mood of numerous quality issues faced by Himalayan users, I wonder who would put down 2.3 lakh on this bike.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ml#post4169724
abhishek46 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st March 2017, 09:31   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

re: Fuel-injection coming to the Royal Enfield Himalayan

Guys, let's wait until more reliable information comes in. Closing thread until then. Thanks!
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st April 2017, 11:34   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

re: Fuel-injection coming to the Royal Enfield Himalayan

Re-opening thread. Thanks to TorqueyTechie for this update:

Quote:
Royal Enfield dealers have started accepting bookings of the new Royal Enfield Himalayan with fuel injection. The fuel injected Royal Enfield Himalayan is already being exported to the UK and the US, and has now been introduced in India as well. The new fuel-injected Himalayan will meet the stringent Bharat Stage 4 (or BS 4) emission regulations and will be delivered to customers from May. All vehicles meeting Bharat Stage 3 (BS 3) norms, but not complying with the latest BS 4 regulations have been banned from being sold, registered or manufactured from 1 April 2017 by the Supreme Court.
Source - NDTV
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st April 2017, 13:03   #6
BHPian

Re: Fuel-injection coming to the Royal Enfield Himalayan

Yep, the RE site also confirms this.
The_Mad_Hatter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st April 2017, 14:07   #7
BHPian

Just had a talk with a dealer where my booking is pending and they confirmed that EFI is coming and all BS4 will have EFI. ABS still seems a dream only in India and they were saying that production is starting 15th April onwards for Himalayan and expecting stocks and delivery by end of this month. BS4 other models although have been started delivery.
The RE Website have changed the Carburetor to EFI but photographs are still old ones.
Dr_MNC_SK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2017, 12:23   #8
Senior - BHPian

FI version of Himalayan launched at 2 lakhs (ex-showroom). This is just an upgrade from carb to FI version. The power and torque figures remain unchanged. The 411cc single-cylinder motor makes 24.5PS at 6,500rpm and generates 32Nm at 4,250rpm.

With this change, Royal Enfield Himalayan, the Thunderbird 500, Classic 500 and the Continental GT are all upgraded to FI version while Classic 350 and the Thunderbird 350 are still sold in carburetted version and complies with BS-IV emissions.

Source : Overdrive
TorqueyTechie is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2017, 21:37   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
FI version of Himalayan launched at 2 lakhs (ex-showroom).
This is at odds with what the showroom has told me. Their most recent price sheet states that as of now it's about 1.91L on-road, subject to change with the implementation of increased road tax in Karnataka, which would bring it to about 2L on-road, not ex-showroom. I highly doubt that even RE would shoot up the ex-showroom price by 50k just for adding EFI.

Also, the article doesn't mention whether its stated expected price is on-road or ex-showroom.
Old 7th April 2017, 22:34   #10
BHPian

Lot's of conflicting news from different auto sites.

This one says Himalayan FI launched @ 1.6 Lakhs Ex-Delhi.

http://auto.ndtv.com/news/bs-iv-roya...6-lakh-1678549

Wish they had brought in ABS as well!
Old 8th April 2017, 03:41   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Mad_Hatter View Post
I highly doubt that even RE would shoot up the ex-showroom price by 50k just for adding EFI.

Also, the article doesn't mention whether its stated expected price is on-road or ex-showroom.

Yes, I believe 2l is on road price. It was an oversight on my part that I thought it to be ex showroom price. I did confirm with a friend of mine who is looking to buy this vehicle and he confirmed me that it will be around 2l on road. Apologies for my mistake.
TorqueyTechie is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2017, 14:10   #12
BHPian

I went around enquiring in most of the RE dealerships in and around Thane & Navi Mumbai through the first week of June. None of them had any idea about a FI version and the price. The only thing they kept saying is, that this BSIV thing has disrupted the supply in a big way. Finally settled down and booked my Snow white Himalayan from Sonia Motors in Thane for a proposed price of 1.84 something Lakhs in middle of June. Delivery time kept changing every week. Finally gave up and decided to take delivery in October, this is when i will be back in India again. Hopefully by this time most of the famous Himalayan issues will also be fixed.
Old 9th August 2017, 19:06   #13
Senior - BHPian

Some pics of Himalayan FI.
Fuel-injection coming to the Royal Enfield Himalayan-royalenfieldhimalayanbs4fuelpump.jpg

Fuel-injection coming to the Royal Enfield Himalayan-royalenfieldhimalayanbs4fuelreturn.jpg

Fuel-injection coming to the Royal Enfield Himalayan-royalenfieldhimalayanbs4o2sensor.jpg

Fuel-injection coming to the Royal Enfield Himalayan-royalenfieldhimalayanbs4fenderprotector.jpg

Fuel-injection coming to the Royal Enfield Himalayan-royalenfieldhimalayanbs4frontblackedout.jpg

Fuel-injection coming to the Royal Enfield Himalayan-royalenfieldhimalayanbs4rear.jpg
Sourcs :wanderdriveeat.com
jeepster is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th August 2017, 13:03   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
Royal Enfield will be launching the FI, ABS version of Himalayan in May 2017..
You were bang on with the rates but May has come and August is about gone... some people have reported seeing it in showrooms (the BSIV)... others still await.
Old 10th August 2017, 13:23   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
Some pics of Himalayan FI.[indent]

Attachment 1665373
That looks like a knock sensor mounted on the head. If it detects knock ECU pulls back ignition timing.

Fuel return line is from the fuel rail. Some EFI systems are returnless.
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed