Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2017, 20:12   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Why have the CBR150R & CBR250R been removed from Honda's website?

Both CBR 150R and 250R motorcycles aren't listed on the official website of the company.

Why have the CBR150R & CBR250R been removed from Honda's website?-capture.jpg

A chat with the local Honda dealer reveals that they haven't got any BS4 models of these two bikes, and it is still unclear, if they'll get the updated models.
Leoshashi is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2017, 20:26   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Why have the CBR150R & CBR250R been removed from Honda's website?

Here is the news on BS-IV

http://indianautosblog.com/2017/04/h...ng-soon-264823

Why have the CBR150R & CBR250R been removed from Honda's website?-cbr.jpg
Mr.Boss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2017, 20:47   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
That link just belongs to a BLOG.

Unless Honda takes it as a matter of Reputation, it doesnt make much of a business sense to invest in models with so less numbers as the CBR models have done in India.

Honda did try it's best though.. India was the only country apart from Thailand where the CBR250R was manufactured.

Unfortunately the market refused to react with equal enthusiasm. Also even Honda was accepted of late that India is a RE/Bullet/Classics 350 obsessed country.. hence there seems to be some plans to counter RE.

A BS-IV CBR 150/250...? I not very sure.

Also till date Honda Dealers havent received a single unit of BS-IV NAVI... but NAVI hasn't been left out from the official site

Last edited by payeng : 22nd April 2017 at 21:06.
payeng is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2017, 06:19   #4
Senior - BHPian

Somebody has imported 4 CBR300Rs in November to India. Maybe Honda have decided to replace the 250 with the 300R this year.
Also, HMSI has managed to sell nearly a lakh units in the last 6 years. Some 35k units in the first year itself averaging about 3.0k per month since it was the first big bike with ABS back then. So its probably run its course and given them enough money to upgrade it finally.

They're working on the CX-02 concept which is Honda India R&D's second indigenous project after CX-01 which was the Hornet 160R.

Last edited by Nithesh_M : 23rd April 2017 at 06:22.
Nithesh_M is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2017, 07:06   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post
Somebody has imported 4 CBR300Rs in November to India
Thanks for the info. Looks like there are 5 of them.

Why have the CBR150R & CBR250R been removed from Honda's website?-capture.jpg
Leoshashi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2017, 08:09   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

When I went to the Honda dealership in the second week of Mar, they didn't have any 250 ABS variants. I was told that they'll send ABS variants only after the BS IV update and they were looking at z minimum 3 months delay in getting the first lot. Felt that they don't plan to discontinue the model.

Thus would have been a great time to bring in the 250RR or even the 300. I think I read quite a lot of positive reviews about the 250RR. Might have helped them reignite the interest in the model. Honda can't be this lazy with almost all competition refreshing their portfolios.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 23rd April 2017 at 08:11.
swiftnfurious is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2017, 09:34   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Both CBR 150R and 250R motorcycles aren't listed on the official website of the company.

A chat with the local Honda dealer reveals that they haven't got any BS4 models of these two bikes, and it is still unclear, if they'll get the updated models.
I have taken a quotation of the CBR 250 just a few days back, for loan purposes, from two Honda dealers of my place. The bike is still offered for sale.
Swapnil4585 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th May 2017, 21:52   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Why have the CBR150R & CBR250R been removed from Honda's website?

I checked with a few dealers in Bangalore. One has a stock of BS3 CBR 250 while the others dont have any. No one has stock of BS4 bikes, and no information of any arriving stock either. Is this bike getting an upgrade? Sitting on the fence to get home a new/used CBR and this has left me thinking deep about the decision.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2017, 22:04   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
I checked with a few dealers in Bangalore. One has a stock of BS3 CBR 250 while the others dont have any. No one has stock of BS4 bikes, and no information of any arriving stock either. Is this bike getting an upgrade? Sitting on the fence to get home a new/used CBR and this has left me thinking deep about the decision.
Same here. No dealer has any information about BS4 CBRs being rolled out any soon.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th May 2017, 21:51   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

I feel this is due to the fact that the CBRs are fuel injected which are taking more time and work to get upgraded to BS4 emission norms. Just speculating since it could require getting the supplier of the ECU to do the changes, get them back, test the new software/ECU and then releasing it to the market.

Overall, I gained interest in the CBR impulsively, and lost it at the same rate too.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2017, 13:48   #11
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I checked with a few dealers in Bangalore. One has a stock of BS3 CBR 250 while the others dont have any.
Quote:
Overall, I gained interest in the CBR impulsively, and lost it at the same rate too.
Rohan Garg drops the following email - big thanks to him!

Quote:
Hi,

I read that audioholic was searching for a BSIV CBR; today, I went to the nearest showroom and they have received the BSIV versions. Price is as follows:

CBR 150 - 123957
CBR 250 STD - 160975
CBR 250 REPSOL STD - 162975
CBR 250 ABS - 189982
CBR 250 REPSOL ABS - 191982

All prices are ex-showroom Delhi.
GTO is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th May 2017, 14:20   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Rohan Garg drops the following email - big thanks to him!
Rohan, thank you for sharing this info with us. My younger brother is getting his Dio delivered this week, and I will visit the showroom and check if the Bangalore dealers have also got stock of the bike/any updates. Are there any changes to the colours, livery or have any features been added? That would be a welcome change. As of two weekends back, they did not have any information when we went to book the Dio. The BS3 CBRs with ABS was sold out and there was a couple of Repsol 250s available but without ABS. There was a 27k discount being offered pre-negotiation and since it was without ABS, I did not negotiate further.

Look at the horrible attitude of the dealership, even after booking the Dio, they dont bother to inform me about the new CBR been made available, even when I was ready to buy the bike cash down immediately. I will check with them this week, and if they show the same laziness then the sale will conclude on the Dio itself and not beyond. That said, I am devoid of choices apart from the CBR currently.
Old 31st May 2017, 15:15   #13
BHPian

I am really interested in buying the 250R. Honda's website does not list it as available though.
If discontinued, does it make sense to buy a used one ? Will availability of parts be a concern ?
Old 31st May 2017, 20:48   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatananda.k View Post
I am really interested in buying the 250R. Honda's website does not list it as available though.
If discontinued, does it make sense to buy a used one ? Will availability of parts be a concern ?
Same dilemma. Currently thats the only bike that I am left with as a choice and seeing these turn of events, I am not sure if I will ever buy a bike of this class and directly move to a bigger one. From what I have read and interacted in various places, regular service parts might be available without much fuss but if something not so common packs up, then it will be a long wait it seems. However, with Honda, that might be rare as per my experience with the Dio.

I was seeing a used example, but the bike needed a lot of replacements and the asking price was pretty high. Hence, dropped the idea. Almost ended up buying a BS3 bike, but the dealer was again too heavy headed and wanted to sell me an already registered bike for a discount of 25k, with no choice of colour except the Repsol which I hated. Each of my options was flushed down by one or the other reason.

If the BS4 CBR story is actually true, I will mostly consider buying it given that the already overpriced bike is not made more pricier. If it is indeed made pricier, it should justify the same with some additional features/design changes.
Old 31st May 2017, 23:44   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Apparently, the Honda 250R is being sold only in Japan.
The 250RR sales were launched in Malaysia on May 17th, 2017. There is some question as to whether it will be sold in India.

It seems India's requirement for compliance with BS4 is a good part of the holdup in production which seems to be the primary reason Honda is not currently offering the R and the RR there.

Here's a link to an interesting article about the motorcycles.

https://www.rushlane.com/honda-cbr25...-12175062.html

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks