Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2017, 12:29   #16
BHPian

Re: Double graduation - From a Honda Dio to a Kawasaki Ninja 300

How much were the Akrapovic for. Do they have one for a 650 ?

Last edited by Paleo : 27th October 2017 at 12:29. Reason: repeat ho gaya
Old 27th October 2017, 12:40   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paleo View Post
How much were the Akrapovic for. Do they have one for a 650 ?
Picked them up from Redline Racing in Delhi for Rs.40,000 including installation. I would suggest that you message them on their Facebook page. They are very responsive and should be able to get you the best exhaust as per your requirements.

Cheers
Rohan
Old 27th October 2017, 12:48   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

A hunt for powerful 2 wheels and boy that ended really well .

Congratulations audoholic and I am glad its a brand new one, where you get to do all the TLC right from day 1. Honestly, that one we saw the other day around my home was something I didn't like the moment he unfurled the cover and you know why!

We have missed meeting ever since where I could take a glimpse of your new set of wheels and may be ride few miles and relive my riding days that I last remember was in 2008! Hope we catch up soon.

All the best again and wish you very happy and exciting mile crunching!
paragsachania is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th October 2017, 13:03   #19
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
I hope you are kidding The Grab rails are some mandatory feature like the saree guard which gets fitted for India specific bikes. I had already removed the saree guard. But this one is still pending. I will remove it this weekend if time permits.
Double graduation - From a Honda Dio to a Kawasaki Ninja 300-dsc00326.jpg

Not at all in fact my non-enthusiast friends and family see it as a fetish I have which is clearly evident from my motorcycle.

Jokes apart, I'd suggest you keep the grab rail and saree guard on for the following reasons;

1. Saree Guard can be used to tether stuff to, or you can even mount a tool/document box on it to carry your documents, tools, puncture repair kit, handheld pump etc. A biker couple I know recently bought a saree guard for their motorcycle en route a ride as they had run out of luggage mounting options and needed to tether an additional bag to the motorcycle.

2. The grab rail can be used to tether stuff to it, and ensures that your tail bags stay in place for longer distances.

3. The grab rail inspires more confidence than the belt on the rear seat when getting in/out of tight parking spots where you’d be left without any other option that to manhandle the motorcycle.

4. The grab rail would be a godsend in the event that you get stuck somewhere or need to tow or get pulled/pushed out of a tight situation.

Not to get me wrong, I know people who’ve survived with only the strap on the rear seat for over a 100k on the Ninja 250R but then again why waste a good mounting/grabbing point when it’s provided in stock form without additional costs.
ashwinprakas is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th October 2017, 13:06   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats mate. Regarding tyres, go to indimotard in Whitefield, they have a bike wheel balancing machine as well, the only one in bangalore i think. You need to obviously take the new tyres there yourself.

They are inexpensive, last i checked, forgotten the prices but atleast 50% of what you will pay at kawasaki.
Red Liner is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th October 2017, 15:47   #21
BHPian

Hearty congratulations on your buy audioholic; this is an investment that is worth every penny

I am surprised you got the bike so soon after the payment. In my case I was told it will take about 10-15 days post full payment to deliver the bike (the Z650)(considering RTO registration etc.). Not that it mattered to me, as I had requested delivery next week and so my wait continues. Reading your post is indeed making me impatient to rush to the showroom and collect my baby

Have a safe riding
Ikonification is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2017, 20:47   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

And I bid goodbye to the IRC tyres today while coming back from office at Madhus on Langford road. They had the Michellins in stock and I brought the Pilot Street Radials. Since it was next to the Kawasaki showroom, I called up the SA Dennis to check if he could give me the registration receipts. As usual he cheerfully came to meet me at Madhus and suggested that I upgrade the rear to 150/60/R17. Since even I felt the need for better grip at the rear I opted to upsize. I was worried about the lesser profile causing rim damage but he assured me that quite some people had upgraded without issues.

As usual prompt and friendly service by the team at Madhus. Now only thing pending is to dispose them IRC Tyres.
Double graduation - From a Honda Dio to a Kawasaki Ninja 300-imageuploadedbyteambhp1509117371.321172.jpg

Double graduation - From a Honda Dio to a Kawasaki Ninja 300-imageuploadedbyteambhp1509117427.764315.jpg

Post upgrade, the ride is superb. The handlebar feels lighter and the rear brakes take more effort to lock up. The bike had a characteristic wobble between 70-75kmph which is gone now. Due to the lighter steering effort, the bike has become more agile in terms of changing lanes and moving in dense traffic. Should observe the actual change in grip after covering around 200kms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
A hunt for powerful 2 wheels and boy that ended really well

We have missed meeting ever since where I could take a glimpse of your new set of wheels and may be ride few miles and relive my riding days that I last remember was in 2008! Hope we catch up soon.

Thanks Parag, hoping to to catch up soon. The ninja we saw together was the trigger to buy this one. Its a good thing to have some company when on such ventures. I guess we ended up unraveling some bummers and good that the deal was called off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinprakas View Post
Attachment 1689647

Jokes apart, I'd suggest you keep the grab rail and saree guard on for the following reasons;

I agree with your points. However its stealing the show when seen from behind. Thats something I dont like. I will consider getting it trimmed down maybe but with respect to strapping points, its already provided separately. And the pillion has a very nice pocket below the seat to grip on. The saree guard will come back but with a little from the bottom cut to help slide the paddock under the swing arm easily. With the guard, the paddock had to be shoved in under the guard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Congrats mate. Regarding tyres, go to indimotard in Whitefield, they have a bike wheel balancing machine as well, the only one in bangalore i think. You need to obviously take the new tyres there yourself.

Thanks. Currently the balancing issue seems to be solved after the tyre swap. And I have got news of someone I know getting a tyre balancer for bikes so I will wait for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikonification View Post
Hearty congratulations on your buy audioholic; this is an investment that is worth every penny
I am surprised you got the bike so soon after the payment. In my case I was told it will take about 10-15 days post full payment to deliver the bike (the Z650)(considering RTO registration etc.).

Thanks for the wishes. It was quite quick but then there were some shortcuts taken mainly for the registration. I only got temporary registration done before delivery. Second, they had stock of Ninja 300s and there was no reason to wait for the bike. And since I had not availed finance, they could invoice the bike as soon as they got the money into their account. So I think that's how it was possible.

Last edited by audioholic : 27th October 2017 at 20:58.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2017, 21:30   #23
Senior - BHPian

I was looking for the grab rail to fix my 2013 N300 but it is not available as spare. If you are looking for selling it, you may find buyers even. In case it can be shipped to Pune, I am interested in case you sell it.
ani_meher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2017, 07:25   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi Audioholic,
Congratulations on buying the most versatile, no nonsense 300cc on sale today!

Nevertheless, Kawasaki Bangalore threw up a mega 40k offer on Ninja 300 last week, and then Ninja 400 has been unveiled! It seems to have pack on everything the 300 missed, with a lot more power too. It looks awesome too. But yes, it is going to cost more.

Did you consider all this before the purchase? Even if you didnt, the Ninja 300 is one terrific package that would serve you for decades.

PrasannaDhana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2017, 10:46   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post

Did you consider all this before the purchase? Even if you didnt, the Ninja 300 is one terrific package that would serve you for decades.

Thanks. If you read the review, I have mentioned about the 2018 Ninja 400/250. They will continue with selling and completing the stocks of the 300 till the end of this year. The 400 will take at least till Q2 2018 to come to our market. Hence, I was not willing to wait for so long and at the same time did not want to settle down for the Duke 390. The guys in the showroom clearly told that they wont get the 400 until early next year.

Coming to the pricing, I can bet it will be at least the same price as the outgoing 300 if not more. The rendering of the MY18 Ninja 400 was better than the actual output. Hence I am happy about the purchase since I did not like the styling/color scheme of the 400 and I'm not a person who will cry about 100 more cc or the power bump to 45BHP. The 300 with the discounts thrown was worth it. If not this the only other bike I actualy would have desired is the 650. Nothing in between
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th October 2017, 12:41   #26

Congratulations @audioholic! I have had the same experience with my Ninja 300. It's been 10 months and 5 days with this beauty and I've loved every minute I've spent with her. And I agree with @Avinash on the riding gear, so get yourself a good set soon! Happy riding.
camaroZL1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2017, 15:24   #27
BHPian

Hearty congrats on the Ninja and I envy you bro
I have bid goodbye to my Unicorn which served me well for 10 years and desperately looking for an upgrade. My daily commute is 60 KM in city and might hit the highways during the weekend. The pricing range for a pre-owned ninja is between 2.5 to 3 lakhs depending on the condition. Sadly, it's out of my budget. More than the Ninja I am fan of the z250 for it's sharp looks.

Happy mile munching.
Abhi_abarth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2017, 12:27   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

As I discover more about the bike, I will be sharing more stuff here.

So the curiosity running in my mind was how this bike doesn't throw heat at the rider. I had read about the Kawasaki Air Management system funda. Here is how it is done:

Double graduation - From a Honda Dio to a Kawasaki Ninja 300-imageuploadedbyteambhp1509259999.250040.jpg

In the above picture you can notice that there's a baffle surrounding the radiator fan. This throws air downwards from the radiator and not towards the engine block nor the side fairing.

Double graduation - From a Honda Dio to a Kawasaki Ninja 300-imageuploadedbyteambhp1509260113.824283.jpg

The outlets in the fairing itself is angled to just bypass the knee and the leg.

Double graduation - From a Honda Dio to a Kawasaki Ninja 300-imageuploadedbyteambhp1509260172.082930.jpg

Hence even in the worst of slow moving traffic only a gentle warmth is felt which is the heat dissipated from the sides of the radiator which isn't covered in the baffle.
audioholic is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th October 2017, 15:45   #29
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Reading this thread a bit late after it went Live.

Congratulations on the new acquisition @audioholic, wishing you miles of happy rides with smiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Me and Dad on my bike. Dad was curious to know how it feels up in the first floor
Would be interesting to know his feedback/perspective after a pillion ride on the bike.

A friend bought a Duke 390 recently and another friend very courageously took a Pillion ride only to return after a few minutes saying it was one of most "uncomfortable" pillion rides he ever took (he did not use the word "scary" though!)
Old 29th October 2017, 16:50   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Would be interesting to know his feedback/perspective after a pillion ride on the bike.

A friend bought a Duke 390 recently and another friend very courageously took a Pillion ride only to return after a few minutes saying it was one of most "uncomfortable"
Till date, only two persons have sat pillion on my Ninja. My brother(behind my dad) and my friend. I didn't bother asking my bro how the ride was but my friend seemed to enjoy it not because the seat was comfortable, but because her entire weight was on me. She only liked the way it rode but not how comfortable the seat was. The main reason for that was because she was sliding front everytime I braked.

I think if one is looking for pillion comfort then they should look at/beyond the. 650. The 650 has superb seats both rider amd pillion.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks