Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2006, 18:48   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

he meant the Pulsar's capacity has been increased from 143 c to 149.xx cc....
Old 27th December 2006, 22:47   #32
BHPian

sorry to disturb u guys. but in opinion cbz extreme would be a better option.
becoz we can see pulsar each and every second, where cbz will be a unique one.handling of cbz is suparb. and i have also heard that bajaj bikes have some gear problem.i dont know whats the fact.
Old 27th December 2006, 23:06   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

The old pulsars had a clunky gearbox. Nowhere as smooth as Hero Hondas....

And the old Pulsar 150 also had an all down pattern.

But now, they have changed the pattern and the transmission is so smooth, you will be hard pressed to find the difference between that and Hero Honda bikes.... I could feel the difference from my 2004 Pulsar 180 DTSi.
Old 29th December 2006, 10:05   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
I think you have forgtten the increased engine capacity and hence increased performance. Plus there are a lot of other upgrades too.
Hi!
I am not discounting the increased engine capacity of pulsie, but the Xtreme too has same power output on paper. How these bikes put it on road is the question.
My review and the way i see these 2 bikes:
Seating: CBZ is better. P150/180 still doesnt have those link activated gear shifter and rearset footpegs which features in P200 and P220. Xtreme also had W I D E seats! P150/180 loses out big time here!
Gearshift: P150/180 still has notchy gearbox. I say there is no improvement in gearbox from my P150 UG. Anyone having doubts can take a test ride and confirm.
Chassis & Swingarm: Pulsar always were and still are bad at taking highspeed corners. I own one, have pushed it and confirm this! Absolutely no debating here.
So u see, functionally there is absolutely no upgrade. and it is the functional part which matters at the end, all other things fade off with time.

Now the looks. Its purely subjective and my vote goes for the Xtreme here too. The only thing which fascinates buyers(it fascinated me too) is the Digital speedometer, Switchgear with backlight, auto cancelling turn indicators which pulsar sports. But like i found out, all these things look good only in the showroom.
Heres why.. The turn indicators are a real pain. They dont have a press-to-cancel system now, which means to cancel them we need to push the switch to the other side. who remembers which side indicators are blinking? Atleast i dont! I just push the cancel button to switch it off!
This is especially painful if you have overtaken a few vehicles from left and right. I just keep giving turn signals, but after 2-3 direction changes, i lose account which indicators are blinking. Have to take eyes off the road to see if they are blinking and pointing where?
Switchgear backlight is a distraction(i feel), even if it wasnt i dont think that will be a deciding factor
Speedometer console is good with big speed readings, but whats with the extra small trip meter readout?? Riding at 80-90 with the normal vibrations its almost impossible to read them by just glancing!
And the finally tachometer. Its readings are so spaced out that you just cant say what RPM you are doing! Wheres 6.5K RPM or 8.5K RPM?
Not that pulsar has got no improvement at all! Its got more accurate speed reading, Electric starter makes less noise now and that LED tail light is good. But hasnt CBZ already got all this?
Old 7th January 2007, 17:41   #35
BHPian

i too am in the same boat..looking to buy a 150cc bike in the next 7 to 10 days..i may be one of the few who like the all down pattern..but now all the 3 bikes in contention(P150-UG3/Apache/Xtreme) have 1 up 4 down..so i am starting neutral on this front..

i would like to have the bike with the wider seating, lesser weight, lesser vibration at higher speeds(80 to 100kmph). I will be doing long drives (~ 350 km up/down included) every weekend. Most of the times, my travel is during night, good headlights is also a major factor.

In the overdrive shootout, it was mentioned that Apache headlight's coverage is just a stone throw away? Is it true?
Old 18th January 2007, 19:13   #36
BHPian

I will say go for the new Pulsar. You will not see so many bikes running in the country if it was not better than the others.. yes CBZ was good bike and the first of its type in our country.. but gone in haze with just some more new models came to compete it.. After that we got n number of 150 cc bikes, graptor, unicorn, fiero, etc.. etc.. but still the largest selling(150cc) bike in the country is Pulsar.. so think of it and then decide.. Pulsar is always a killer...
Old 18th January 2007, 20:30   #37
BHPian

wait for the Pulsar 200 cc dude...which should be out within maybe a few days/weeks..
And if I had to select among the 2 bikes which you've mentioned in this thread,definitely the Pulsar for me.

-sr
Old 18th January 2007, 23:59   #38
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by srasania View Post
wait for the Pulsar 200 cc dude...which should be out within maybe a few days/weeks..
And if I had to select among the 2 bikes which you've mentioned in this thread,definitely the Pulsar for me.

-sr
Mileage will be really compromised in the 200... also, price shall be head on with the ZMA...
Old 22nd January 2007, 14:55   #39
Team-BHP Support

I've had the Pulsar for like more than 3 years now (June 2003), covered more than 53000 kms on it. On the whole the bike has been extremely reliable, and spares do not come at a premium. This version being the Classic version as its fondly referred to, does not enjoy the best of seating positions. On the other hand the CBZ (not the Xtreme) offered a suberb seating position, in addition to being more composed over bumps and so on. Pulsar did tend to bottom out on bumps with the previous suspension springs.

With respect to the new Pulsar and the Extreme, i would any day prefer the Pulsar, somehow i hate the look of the new Xtreme. Gimme the old CBZ anyday, and i wud reconsider. It had character.
Old 22nd January 2007, 20:43   #40
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
With respect to the new Pulsar and the Extreme, i would any day prefer the Pulsar, somehow i hate the look of the new Xtreme. Gimme the old CBZ anyday, and i wud reconsider. It had character.
The CBZ extrme has charecter too...

It makes me remember the charecters from kathakali artform...

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 22nd January 2007 at 20:44.
Old 22nd January 2007, 21:46   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
The CBZ extrme has charecter too...

It makes me remember the charecters from kathakali artform...

Nice Compro dude.... ROTFLMAO
Old 22nd January 2007, 21:59   #42
BHPian

Nice comparison crazy !!!! This similarity is what I've been thinking ever since the bike is out . Now got it !!!
Old 22nd January 2007, 22:47   #43
BHPian

Ha ha ha.. for somwhere i read it look like cyclops because of its eye in the forehead.. but this was a great comparison.. )
Old 23rd January 2007, 11:49   #44
Team-BHP Support

@Crazy_Driver : That was one excellent snap.., rather a pair.
I dont knw how the guys at HH seem to have lost their sense of style when it comes to designing. After the smooth n stylish CBZ, they brought the Karizma, named it after some damned actress and head-on it looked like some UFO or something..!! They repeat this with the Xtreme now !!
Old 23rd January 2007, 11:55   #45
Senior - BHPian

Whats wrong with Karizma's looks?? I agree it has the worst name any bike could have got but looks ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks