Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2022, 10:00   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: TVS' best-seller : The XL 100!

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post

Price?

TVS XLs are priced at around Rs 32000 ex-showroom, much cheaper than say a Honda Activa, by about Rs 13,000.
Quoting a post from 2018 but can you believe these prices and the inflation?

Roughly 3 years later the Activa is a freaking 75k ex, going up to 90~k on road while the XL itself is anywhere between 42k to 52k ex. The prices have to rise... but last 2-3 years have been absolutely KILLER.

Its wild to imagine how much absolute bare bones transportation like XL and Activa will cost in say 5 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adisan View Post
A very reliable, efficient workhorse. I feel it lost out on more adoption by the city crowd due to a perception problem.
Definitely. TVS knows that and smartly keeps it focused on rural areas. I almost never see these in my city but whenever I go cycling on rural areas these are in abundance. Their newest use that I saw? Street vendors selling blankets and other utility clothes going door to door even in remote villages. They have huge stacks of tightly packed cloth, all loaded onto custom made brackets on the rear of XL.

Last edited by amol4184 : 6th January 2022 at 10:05.
Old 6th January 2022, 10:56   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amol4184 View Post
Quoting a post from 2018 but can you believe these prices and the inflation?

Roughly 3 years later the Activa is a freaking 75k ex, going up to 90~k on road while the XL itself is anywhere between 42k to 52k ex. The prices have to rise... but last 2-3 years have been absolutely KILLER.
True. I don't really follow the 2 wheeler scene, but it was a shocker to me when a few relatives mentioned that their Activa costed them 90k+ on the road and ordinary commuter bikes costed 1 lakh plus!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amol4184 View Post
I almost never see these in my city but whenever I go cycling on rural areas these are in abundance. Their newest use that I saw? Street vendors selling blankets and other utility clothes going door to door even in remote villages. They have huge stacks of tightly packed cloth, all loaded onto custom made brackets on the rear of XL.
Never see them around my place (south Kerala) and the last time I knew a person who had a TVS moped was in the late 90s. Tradesmen used M80s instead and they upgraded to used Activas recently. But cross the border into Tamilnadu. Nope, not Kanyakumari ( that is geographically part of south Kerala), but cross the Aralvaimozhi pass and voila. It is TVS XL100 Heavy Duty country. Especially the interior parts. From college going girls to 60+ yrs old ladies. From barely legal to drive kids to bare chested old men.
DicKy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2022, 11:37   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Never see them around my place (south Kerala) and the last time I knew a person who had a TVS moped was in the late 90s. Tradesmen used M80s instead and they upgraded to used Activas recently. But cross the border into Tamilnadu. Nope, not Kanyakumari ( that is geographically part of south Kerala), but cross the Aralvaimozhi pass and voila. It is TVS XL100 Heavy Duty country. Especially the interior parts. From college going girls to 60+ yrs old ladies. From barely legal to drive kids to bare chested old men.
Right, I was in Kerala (Ezhikkara/Paravur) during Christmas and didn't see many or actually any of these - I was under the impression that these are quite popular in all the southern states. But as you said, its TN which is a hotbed for XL.
They sell a staggering 50k~ units per month and I am sure most of it are going to TN rural!
amol4184 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks