Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2018, 14:02   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: June 2018: Two Wheeler Sales Figures & Analysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
- The Bajaj V15 seems to be dying a slow death with the V12 being apparently discontinued. Now this is one motorcycle platform with which Bajaj got its advertising spot on but it hasnt translated to sales numbers. Will they try a V18 to give it a new lease of life? There is no harm in trying, right Bajaj?

Since Industry Numbers are FACTORY DISPATCHES, it could very well be that the initial billings to dealers were too optimistic.

The V15 is a differentiated product and its not that it hasn't sold. I can see quite a few on the road. Maybe its a case of "STOCK CORRECTION". But yes according to me the V12 was a mistake. Diluting a brand even before it has established itself in the market.

Quote:
- How were the UM Lohia dealers managing for the last 6 months without dispatches from the company?
Relax, UM has started to share its numbers with SIAM Starting from June 2018.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_snk View Post
Fz25 - 2088 units
Dominar - 1277 units. Every automotive journal judged dominar as the clear winner in the comparison, but sales chart indicate totally different picture.
Customer walks into the Yamaha showroom to buy a FZ, looks at the FZ25 and thinks, "Why not? It looks like an FZ after all?"? - Vs - Customer walking into a Bajaj showroom only for the Dominar.

Last edited by payeng : 1st August 2018 at 14:11.
payeng is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st August 2018, 15:10   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Average product driven by good marketing IMO. Without the whole Vikrant stunt, the product might have flopped right on its head in the market.
In a market of me too look alikes, at least Bajaj tried something new with different styling and a good marketing campaign. As Payeng rightly mentioned, they did dilute the brand even before it was well established. I honestly dont seem them on Kerala roads at all.

Quote:
Duke 250 is not VFM either! I was shocked when I heard the sales guy mention the price initially. Asked him how the 390 is providing so much extra kit for so less money, and he didnt even try to counter it - explaining that they are finding it hard to sell the 250 for this reason.
I agree on the pricing front but this whole thing works out to KTM's benefit. If they didnt bring the D250 to India, there would have been complaints from the KTM faithful who might have moved on to the reliable CBR 250. But if they gave the D250 both ABS and a reasonable price, it wouldve cannibalized sales of the (fair to assume) more profitable 390. By keeping ABS off the table, KTM has forced the section of buyers who need ABS to move up the ladder to the 390. By keeping an inflated price for the D250, KTM happily reels in the buyers who want more than a 200 (and who dont want a shared platform with the P200 which is much cheaper) but are willing to forego ABS as well as buyers who find the D390 a bit too much. All while KTM makes nice profits. Win win for the KTM bean counters.

Quote:
Dream bike for many - and unlike the Harley Davidsons and Indians - this one is ultra reliable as well! Bangalore dealer was successful with two deliveries, I believe.
Im not sure if reliability is a big concern for HD and Indian owners, but yes the Goldwing does bring peace of mind in spades. The affordable Honda service costs are a quiet deciding factor as well.

Quote:
Customers waiting for the G310R pricing? Many were expecting BMW to price it at a slight premium to the RR310.
Possible, will be interesting to compare the figures of the dispatches by BMW and TVS on the 310 platform the next time these numbers are updated. I would have expected TVS to push more bikes so that buyers would have readily available bikes in case BMW went a little too optimistic with the pricing.
neil.jericho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2018, 12:10   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Could be that the numbers were reported to AutoPunditz/SIAM only this month?

Apologies for the error on my part. I haven't updated the charts correctly. Here are the correct figures for Triumph.

Attachment 1785753

Shall take care and update the same in the coming month sales threads onwards. Sorry.
Street Triple RS was not on sale in June-2017, but Autopunditz has quoted the sales number to be 52 for that month-year.
Old 3rd August 2018, 11:21   #19
BANNED

Quote:
I agree on the pricing front but this whole thing works out to KTM's benefit. If they didnt bring the D250 to India, there would have been complaints from the KTM faithful who might have moved on to the reliable CBR 250. But if they gave the D250 both ABS and a reasonable price, it wouldve cannibalized sales of the (fair to assume) more profitable 390. By keeping ABS off the table, KTM has forced the section of buyers who need ABS to move up the ladder to the 390. By keeping an inflated price for the D250, KTM happily reels in the buyers who want more than a 200 (and who dont want a shared platform with the P200 which is much cheaper) but are willing to forego ABS as well as buyers who find the D390 a bit too much. All while KTM makes nice profits. Win win for the KTM bean counters.
You are on the mark

Quote:
Duke 250 is not VFM either! I was shocked when I heard the sales guy mention the price initially. Asked him how the 390 is providing so much extra kit for so less money, and he didnt even try to counter it - explaining that they are finding it hard to sell the 250 for this reason.
I think its the most VFM among the Dukes, because of...
  1. Ride Quality
  2. Everyday usability
  3. Better FE
  4. Price(In Cochin, the price difference is 1 Lakh b/w the Duke 390 & 250)
The only con is the lack of ABS which I hope would be added by Apr 2019.
mithun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2018, 11:51   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
[*]Price(In Cochin, the price difference is 1 Lakh b/w the Duke 390 & 250)[/list]The only con is the lack of ABS which I hope would be added by Apr 2019.
Cochin is a flawed comparison, unfortunately. Because Kerala charges 10% road tax for the Duke 250 and 20% for the Duke 390 as per slabs above and below 2 lakhs.

I'm sorry for your scenario, but thats not the case across the nation. The time i visited the showroom last year - the price was 2.5L on road Bangalore v/s 2.94 for the 390 Duke.

Not sure of the exact price difference now, going by the ex- showroom prices - it should be within 50k to 60k across the country - except for Kerala.

Quote:
I think its the most VFM among the Dukes, because of...
  1. Ride Quality
  2. Everyday usability
  3. Better FE
  4. Price(In Cochin, the price difference is 1 Lakh b/w the Duke 390 & 250)
The only con is the lack of ABS which I hope would be added by Apr 2019.
The additional 44k for the 390 brought in -

1. 13.5ps.
2. 13 Nm.
3. ABS.
4. Metzelers.
5. TFT Screen.
6. LED lighting.

A no - brainer. Anyways, My opinions on the two penned down here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superb...ml#post4236025

Quote:
Im not sure if reliability is a big concern for HD and Indian owners, but yes the Goldwing does bring peace of mind in spades.
Not much experience with Indian frankly - I just assumed it. But Harley - well and truly yes. It's a big concern for most owners and the main reason they migrate out from the brand IMO.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 3rd August 2018 at 11:55.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2018, 15:00   #21
BANNED

Quote:
Cochin is a flawed comparison, unfortunately. Because Kerala charges 10% road tax for the Duke 250 and 20% for the Duke 390 as per slabs above and below 2 lakhs.

I'm sorry for your scenario, but thats not the case across the nation. The time i visited the showroom last year - the price was 2.5L on road Bangalore v/s 2.94 for the 390 Duke.

Not sure of the exact price difference now, going by the ex- showroom prices - it should be within 50k to 60k across the country - except for Kerala.

1. 13.5ps.
2. 13 Nm.
3. ABS.
4. Metzelers.
5. TFT Screen.
6. LED lighting.

A no - brainer. Anyways, My opinions on the two penned down here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superb...ml#post4236025

50K is fine for the goodies, but in Kerala its a different story. Maybe the MV ministry here hates bikes above 350 cc

But, since its a 1 lakh difference, Duke 250 is a VFM combined with its better FE and ride quality.

Also the sales figures of Duke 250 has increased in recent months compared to the last year.

Last edited by mithun : 3rd August 2018 at 15:03.
Old 3rd August 2018, 15:14   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Maybe the MV ministry here hates bikes above 350 cc
Above and below 2L, as mentioned in the previous post. 8% below 1L, 10% from 1L to 2L and 20% above 2L ex showroom.

https://www.google.co.in/amp/s/www.t...56044.ece/amp/
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2018, 11:08   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

1. 13.5ps.
2. 13 Nm.
3. ABS.
4. Metzelers.
5. TFT Screen.
6. LED lighting.

A no - brainer.
All very valid and strong points that can sway a purchase decision. Unfortunately with the 2017 D390, unreliability is also a major issue. A quick glance at this thread is enough to give one shudders - https://www.xbhp.com/talkies/general...egins-now.html
Old 22nd October 2018, 14:23   #24
BHPian

I cannot find the threads/posts of two wheeler sales and Analysis after June 2018. Did it stop after June or I am the only one not able to see it?
Old 22nd October 2018, 14:44   #25
BHPian

Refer to this place for the stats - http://www.autopunditz.com/news/indi...eptember-2018/
dextor is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks