Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2019, 16:20   #31
BHPian

Re: Ultraviolette F77 electric bike to be unveiled on November 13, 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by payeng View Post
FYI the 790 Duke makes 87 Nm of Torque OFFICIALLY (am guessing after all those multiplication of the Gear Ratios)
no the 790 produces 522NM with 6 gears
nitro.1000bhp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2019, 16:41   #32
BHPian

Here is an initial walk around video. The way the battery compartment swivels out at the flick of a handlebar button is pure Sci-Fi and drool worthy.
The battery pack is modular too. The accessories are also drool worthy.
From a design perspective only it's an attractive preposition though price and service etc are also important from practical perspective.
Great effort from an Indian manufacturer!!

Ultraviolette F77 electric bike to be unveiled on November 13, 2019-ultraviolette.jpg

Ultraviolette F77 electric bike to be unveiled on November 13, 2019-ultraviolettelaser.jpg

Ultraviolette F77 electric bike to be unveiled on November 13, 2019-ultraviolettelaserbrembo.jpg

PraNeel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2019, 17:22   #33
BHPian

I don't know if i am the only one to notice it.

1. The model name (F77) is only visible in the front shocks only.
2. The company logo does not appear anywhere.

Isn't it a bit odd?. Or am i sensing something bigger here ?. ( TVS involvement?). Stand corrected if i have missed something. frankly the above comments based only on the photos and few seconds on the videos. The company logo was visible once in the launch event in the screen only.

Bike looks , as other members have pointed out, like a KTM clone. Only that KTM have their name and model everywhere. This one is plain. I am not commenting on the design.
Old 13th November 2019, 18:34   #34
Senior - BHPian

Guys guys guys - check Autocar FB page for a brief video on battery swap and it feels as if we are already in future. Open, swap out the drained modular battery packs, replace them with fully charged ones and just take off! Look how the bay opens!

I’m impressed with the looks too!

Ultraviolette F77 electric bike to be unveiled on November 13, 2019-f89d380bd7e04d96b9db5b4b573df9de.jpeg

Last edited by aah78 : 13th November 2019 at 20:34. Reason: Picture inserted in-line.
Old 13th November 2019, 19:42   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gururajrv View Post
Guys guys guys - check Autocar FB page for a brief video on battery swap and it feels as if we are already in future.
Watched it as part of the launch video - nice party trick, but honestly, look at the packaging overhead just for the fuel. In case of petrol bikes, just a simple tank, open the cap, pour it in, close the cap, move on. Here, because one huge battery pack is inconvenient, they need to split it, which adds unnecessary weight and eats into space and because these packs need to removed and inserted frequently, now they have a motorized (or spring based) compartment! Until batteries become super light and their energy density grows 10 times, this thing is going to be a "feature". When was it last time that a motorcycle brochure mentioned in bold "how easy it is to fill in petrol"

And that jet engine like noise - it will be good once it a while but if it sounds like that every time I accelerate, it's going to be annoying. And what do they mean by "this sound is real and not fake"? Where does it come from? So much of motor whine? Or that "single reduction gear whine"?

BTW read in a previous post that it will be available in Q3 2020? That means Jan or July?
anandpadhye is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th November 2019, 20:19   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post

BTW read in a previous post that it will be available in Q3 2020? That means Jan or July?
This will be available in October 2020 as per one report. Too long to wait for if this is true.

http://overdrive.in/news-cars-auto/u...hed-at-3-lakh/
NH08 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2019, 20:19   #37
BHPian

450 NM at the wheel is not really that big a deal.
At best, it is at par with what any of its ICE powered competitors are making. Let me explain -

Lat us for example take the case of the Mojo. Why the Mojo you ask? Because I have its owner's manual with me for reference

The max. torque given in the owner's manual for the Mojo is 30 Nm at 5500 rpm. This value is always what the engine makes at the crank.

It gets multiplied at the gearbox and the final multiplication happens at the wheel due to the sprocket ratios.

From the manual, the primary reduction at the gearbox is 2.346 followed by the first gear reduction of 2.846 and a final reduction at the chain of 3.46.

Combine all three, and you get a maximum value of 30 X 2.346 X 2.846 X 3.46 = 693 Nm at the wheel!

The 450 Nm of the F77 pales in comparison then!

However, it is to be noted that this engine makes max. torque at 5000 rpm whereas the EV makes it at standstill.

In other words, before the Mojo has reached 5000 rpm in the first gear, the F77 would have disappeared.

It is the lesser weight and low end power that actually contribute to the sub 3s time of the EV.

The 450 Nm by itself is nothing to brag about.
AlQuazi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th November 2019, 09:11   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

PLUS
  • Good looking (RC390 look alike but is still ok)
  • Dual Channel ABS
  • Bluetooth, NFC, 3G LTE
  • LTE connectivity with 3G, 2G Fallback and integrated eSIM
  • Automatic Headlights
  • Crash and fall sensor with Emergency contact alert
  • Portable DC charger
  • CC2 charging port with on-board charger
  • Customisable ride modes- Speed & Torque

MINUS
  • Range of 150km for a motorcycle is less. For a scooter, it's a good range. So I'm actually looking forward to their scooter that is in their plans.
  • That side cover could've been designed better with the chassis frame exposed or the battery module exposed. currently it's too bald!
  • Price is on a little too high. Especially because they have compared this to a 250cc motorcycles...and they are in the range of 2-2.5 lakhs

But overall a very good promising product I feel. Real world experiences will reveal more information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Watched it as part of the launch video - nice party trick, but honestly, look at the packaging overhead just for the fuel. In case of petrol bikes, just a simple tank, open the cap, pour it in, close the cap, move on. Here, because one huge battery pack is inconvenient, they need to split it, which adds unnecessary weight and eats into space and because these packs need to removed and inserted frequently, now they have a motorized (or spring based) compartment! Until batteries become super light and their energy density grows 10 times, this thing is going to be a "feature". When was it last time that a motorcycle brochure mentioned in bold "how easy it is to fill in petrol"
True. Actually I'd have preferred a non- removable single battery unit. Without these overheads, that would have given it another 50kms easily.

Quote:
And that jet engine like noise - it will be good once it a while but if it sounds like that every time I accelerate, it's going to be annoying. And what do they mean by "this sound is real and not fake"? Where does it come from? So much of motor whine? Or that "single reduction gear whine"?
Speaking from my experience, that's something we'll get used to actually.

My experience with the sound of my Ather is that initially I loved it...then got irritated by it...and now I'm kind of OK.
I still Love it when I'm in the mood for some fun, I hate it when it echoes in my apartments empty basement; I don't hear it in traffic when I'm in the company of noisy ICEs, in silent areas outdoors it's not disturbing too.

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 14th November 2019 at 09:21.
hemanth.anand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2019, 23:11   #39
Team-BHP Support

Sagar Sheldeker chooses not to say anything due to the embargo, but says so much with this one image -

Ultraviolette F77 electric bike to be unveiled on November 13, 2019-instimage2.jpg

Source

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 18th November 2019 at 23:20.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2019, 10:59   #40
BHPian

The initial ride reviews are in. They are a bit underwhelming as both reviewers mention that performance levels are in line with 200 cc machines rather than 300 cc ones.
Acceleration is smooth and turn in is quick.
Reviewers go ga ga over the battery compartment and styling.
Suspension is borrowed from KTM.
The bikes are in pre-production stage and final deliveries will only begin around Oct 2020.
Bike is promising but 3.25 lakhs on road - early adopters - Many things to iron out are the important questions!!

PraNeel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2019, 11:37   #41
Senior - BHPian

TVS has some stake in the company and suspension is borrowed from KTM?
Old 22nd November 2019, 13:15   #42
Team-BHP Support

I had an opportunity to meet the team in my personal capacity a few weeks back, at their facility in Bangalore. Bunch of young folks who are passionate about what they do and have done a good deal of groundwork on how the product should be. Oh by the way the two founders are bikers too. They are on the right track i feel, a 150 km range is pretty good if you ask me since the closest competitor is Ather which offers about 75 kms? The prototype which was showcased to us had some rough edges, but they immediately clarified that it was not anywhere close to the production-ready model. In fact some of the stuff (including footpeg set) has been addressed on the media test ride bikes.

Looking forward to the actual production-ready bikes! FYI if you want you can go ahead and pre-book and get the initial very unique and custom bike for you

ps: signed a confidentiality doc, so cannot get into too much of details till they decide to publish it themselves lol
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2019, 18:35   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Why does a 33BHP, 90NM, 150kg bike needs 7 sec to hit 100?
With 4.25kWh battery supplying to 33BHP motor, how can they achieve 150kmph range?
Old 22nd November 2019, 21:57   #44
Senior - BHPian

Sacrificed performance for range. But that 150km range seems a bit superficial.
Old 13th December 2019, 10:35   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post

FYI if you want you can go ahead and pre-book and get the initial very unique and custom bike for you

ps: signed a confidentiality doc, so cannot get into too much of details till they decide to publish it themselves lol
Hi Jaggu,

I am interested in pre-booking the vehicle. Can you PM me the contact details for the team?

Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks