Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2019, 14:07   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilch View Post
Many have shared their experience or opinion with you already but allow me to share a bit from my experience. I was in US (state MO) for a year as a student and wanted to rent bikes. But I couldn't due to multiple reasons. But renting cars was a no brainier and only my Indian DL was sufficient to rent a car. Coming to your situation:

The roads there are fantastic for riding motorcycles, provided you are riding in the right season. Try to focus more on the track experience there rather than the road one as you are planning to ride a supersport. This reduces your chances of accident, cop encounter or anything else.

Finally, contact TBhpian quickdraw for advice, he has ridden in US on rented bikes and also has a thread on his journey in SoCal I believe. Search for it here.

Hope this helps.
Oh man! I'm there for about 20 odd days on a vacation and I certainly do not want to spend a minute at the court!

I'm planning to go to Bay area late March till mid April. My cousin says weather will be fairly good.

Yes, I do plan to ride on the Laguna Seca. I just completed level 1-3 with California SuperBike School 2 weeks ago at MMRT, near Chennai. Hope I get a slot for an open session around that time.

Sure, I'll ping quickdraw. I will be in SoCal most of the time. So lets see!

Thank you for your inputs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilch View Post
Many have shared their experience or opinion with you already but allow me to share a bit from my experience. I was in US (state MO) for a year as a student and wanted to rent bikes. But I couldn't due to multiple reasons. But renting cars was a no brainier and only my Indian DL was sufficient to rent a car. Coming to your situation:

Finally, contact TBhpian quickdraw for advice, he has ridden in US on rented bikes and also has a thread on his journey in SoCal I believe. Search for it here.

Hope this helps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kumarshah View Post
That is what I am saying - International Driver's License is the 1 year permit RTO gives in India when you travel outside India. Regardless of whether you have this permit or not, you need a valid Driving License in English from your home country.

Read a bit more, only Georgia requires an IDP.

I have gone for my work regularly in last 4 years and have always rented car only with Indian driving license, no issues till date.
Yup. Even in Germany my previous company accepted my IDP. A lot of my friends have rented only cars with their IDP. Not many I know have rented bikes.

NOTE FROM T-BHP SUPPORT: Please avoid submitting one post after another and create back-to-back posts. Use the EDIT/QUOTE+ functions within 30 minutes of submitting the first post instead of posting consecutively. Also, please avoid quoting the entire post as it may inconvenience small-screen / mobile users. Thank you.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 29th January 2019 at 14:33.
Old 29th January 2019, 14:20   #17
BHPian

Re: Renting motorcycles in the USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishwasvr View Post
..Yes, I do plan to ride on the Laguna Seca....
Haha, what a co-incidence . Read this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
Attachment 1414679
I also had a chance to visit the historic Leguna Seca[/center]
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super...ml#post3801616 (Triumph Street Triple - Blue Lightning comes home)

-Sunil

Last edited by sunilch : 29th January 2019 at 14:22.
Old 29th January 2019, 14:39   #18
BHPian

Re: Renting motorcycles in the USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishwasvr View Post
I will be in SoCal most of the time. So lets see!

Thank you for your inputs!
Eagleriders are the best bet to rent and they surely do rent on Indian license or IDP. I refer to the outlet in LA. And they do have more than jus Harleys.

Depending on which part of SoCal you are visiting, there are many dealers who also rent motorcycles for street riding. If you are looking to rent for the track, reach out to the track day organizers, they usually do rent.

There are some lovely canyon roads around SoCal, happy to give recommendations.

Have fun!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks