Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2019, 10:40   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Day 17 of waiting for my refund from Royal Enfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
No point cribbing here, do tweet it to him and tag the account of Royal Enfield.
I disagree with the first part of the statement. I thank the OP and everyone who posts negative experiences on TBhp, those are much more valuable than positives, which anyway an auto industry company will broadcast through their advertising.

While it certainly will help the OP sort out his issue by tweeting directly to the company rep, I think it's also very important that we post our negative experiences with ANY brand on independent forums such as these. That way the rest of us paying consumers can be alerted and take informed decisions, and brands will stop taking us for granted.
am1m is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 15th March 2019, 10:55   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

3 weeks up!

Its over 3 weeks now since Royal Enfield confirmed cancellation of my order and still there is no sign of my money. Why, Royal Enfield, why

Quote:
Originally Posted by isldhn View Post
Neil, I do not know if its Vivek who sent you the mail from their Gurgaon office but if it is, then I have his mobile number and he seems to be a good guy as I too had some issue with their online store and had a word with him recently. So I can share his number if that helps. He is in charge of the online stores and inventory.
Thanks isldhn, I had reached out to two gentlemen - one is the head of the apparel business and the other is the head for product strategy for their apparel business. If I dont get my money over the weekend, I will reach out to you to get the details of Mr Vivek.
neil.jericho is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2019, 11:58   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 3 weeks up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Its over 3 weeks now since Royal Enfield confirmed cancellation of my order and still there is no sign of my money. Why, Royal Enfield, why
Oh boy! This is why I am wary of ordering online in our country outside the established players like Flipkart/Amazon (even with them, there are caveats). There is no redressal mechanism protecting the consumers. You are pretty much at the mercy of the company and it depends on how much you can shame them on social media.

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you spend thats now stuck?
Dry Ice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2019, 12:32   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Oh boy! This is why I am wary of ordering online in our country outside the established players like Flipkart/Amazon (even with them, there are caveats). There is no redressal mechanism protecting the consumers. You are pretty much at the mercy of the company and it depends on how much you can shame them on social media.

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you spend thats now stuck?
I made the mistake of assuming that a company as large as Royal Enfield will have established capabilities in running their own online store. You are right Dry Ice, in most of such cases, there is no genuine mechanism to escalate and get things moving in your favour as a customer. With Royal Enfield, their gear team just ignored almost all of my emails. Calling them proved to be of no use as I only got empty promises but no money in return.

As for how much I have spent, well that is a grand sum of Rs 3,420. I actually had more t shirts in mind but fortunately for me, dropped the idea of buying too many in one go, though the prices were tempting.
neil.jericho is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 16th March 2019, 20:00   #20
Senior - BHPian

re: Mixed shopping experiences with Royal Enfield's online store

Neil, first off thank you for this post. My experience with the RE Gear have been positive. Sitting high up here in Ooty, though fortunately, I didn't end opting for a refund for the purchase I did, their shipment policy and the TAT at which I received the product was in fact good.

RE still have a lot to figure out. Their policy I think has always been, first enter, then handle the ruckus later. Sigh!

BTW, I missed your PM mate, sorry about that. Hope to see you sometime.

Cheers!
VJ
VijayAnand1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2019, 10:25   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Oh boy! This is why I am wary of ordering online in our country outside the established players like Flipkart/Amazon (even with them, there are caveats). There is no redressal mechanism protecting the consumers. You are pretty much at the mercy of the company and it depends on how much you can shame them on social media...
The reason why I always do COD when shopping online, the worst that can do if things fail is that you do not get the product. And I feel that the delivery guys take the extra effort to delivery if it was COD as against an already paid order.
HappyWheels is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2019, 22:20   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

The nightmare is over - Royal Enfield Apparel Store

Finally some good news. After over 3 weeks of dilly dallying, Royal Enfield finally managed to get my money back into my bank account. Its been difficult dealing with their online support team as they ignored most of my emails and requests for escalation. When I finally did get an assistant manager's details, I wrote to him and asked him to give me a call so we could discuss this. That call never came.

I can understand things sometimes dont go as per plan. Sometimes everything doesnt go as per plan. But the ability and willingness to reach out to your customers and send out an email or make a phone call and apologize for a delay, can go a long way in managing customer satisfaction. Royal Enfield did none of that. In fact they didnt even know how to react to customers who reached out to them and that's what frustrates me.

Anyways at least they have extended a goodwill offering of a discount on the store. Maybe I'll opt for another of their jackets in the upcoming sale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VijayAnand1 View Post
RE still have a lot to figure out. Their policy I think has always been, first enter, then handle the ruckus later. Sigh!
Glad that you have had a positive experience Vijay, hope the product quality was good and to your expectation. I hope they move out of this old mindset of theirs. Will catch up with you the next time that Im your neck of the woods.

Last edited by neil.jericho : 17th March 2019 at 22:30.
neil.jericho is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 17th March 2019, 22:33   #23
Senior - BHPian

Re: The nightmare is over - Royal Enfield Apparel Store

That's great to hear Neil. I don't know why it takes such a nuisance to refund the amount, but, I'm glad all that hardwork didn't go in vain.

Yup, till then it's your friendly neighborhood..

Cheers!
VJ
VijayAnand1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2019, 22:31   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

My mixed shopping experience with Royal Enfield's online store

You read it right - My mixed shopping experience with Royal Enfield's online store.

After having a torrid time with shopping on Royal Enfield's online store, the company had given me a voucher to redeem at any time in the next 12 months. I decided to hold off on using it till the next sale (which incidentally began a couple of weeks ago). I really questioned my judgement in giving the Royal Enfield online store a second chance but I decided to just place the order and not worry about when the items would reach this time. After all, the quality of their merchandize is really good, it was the supply chain that was the weak link.

While browsing through the stuff on sale, I was happy to see that they have some really nice new t-shirts, some of which were related to the 650 twins, so a big thumbs up to whoever is in charge of designing the tees. However, I wasnt able to place the order with my home address since the online store doesnt have the necessary logistics to deliver to all parts of Cochin. I decided to send it to my brother's address in Bangalore instead and that worked without any issues. After placing the order for a couple of t-shirts and belts, I realized that I had forgotten to redeem the voucher!

So I went ahead and placed a second order for the sling bag that I had my eyes on and this time I didnt forget to add in the coupon (which was worth Rs 200). Both orders were placed on the 4th of July. I am very happy to report that one order was delivered to the Bangalore address on the 12th (in just 8 days) and the second on the 14th (10 days).

Since I am not in Bangalore, I cannot check the items myself but my sister in law has confirmed that they are all of good quality and the contents match my order. I went ahead and placed a couple of orders again since Royal Enfield has got its supply chain issues sorted out.

While it is important for us customers to voice out our negative experiences and challenges with manufacturers, thereby giving them an opportunity to hear our voices and improve internally, it is equally important for us to use our voice to share positive experiences as well. I wasnt too sure that they would turn things around so quickly, but the supply chain and logistics team in Royal Enfield seems to have done it quite well. Well done, Royal Enfield.

Last edited by Aditya : 18th July 2019 at 07:33. Reason: As requested
neil.jericho is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 18th July 2019, 11:07   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Mixed shopping experiences with Royal Enfield's online store

Im just cross posting this from the riding gear thread since it is not so visible now in the Safety section as compared to before. There are a couple of basic Royal Enfield jackets with basic CE level protection available in this sale that are phenomenal value for money at around Rs 4,000. For someone looking at an entry level jacket without burning a hole in your wallet, these are great picks.

These jackets are easily stocked in most Royal Enfield stores, so you can buy it at the same price from your nearby physical stores as well.

Original post - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ride-...ml#post4622877 (The Riding Gear thread)
Old 18th July 2019, 11:39   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
The reason why I always do COD when shopping online, the worst that can do if things fail is that you do not get the product. And I feel that the delivery guys take the extra effort to delivery if it was COD as against an already paid order.
My recent experience with RE online store was pretty pleasant.
I picked two POLO tees & one Classic Scale Model (From GTO mention of same on Scale Model Thread). I wanted the DS version but it is SOLD OUT.
I received items on 5th day of my placing order & packaging was nothing different from other E-comm companies.
The Tees fit and quality is GOOD but was mildly disappointed in Scale Model. I had expected it to be die-cast but it turned out to be plastic & made by Maisto.

I had opted for COD & as stated by HappyWheels, it is best thing to do.

I have opted out of many purchases when respective portal asked me to pay upfront. I rather not buy the item then getting my money stuck.

My mantra: If is available on COD, it is for ME.

Regards.
ariesonu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th July 2019, 14:46   #27
Senior - BHPian

I am trying to source the bar end mirrors that are accessories for the 650 twins. I selected the nearby RE store and placed the order. Didn't pay anything and the message said the dealer will contact me. After waiting for weeks, I called the dealer who had no clue about the order. He took my number and said he'll get back but still nothing.
Old 24th July 2019, 21:23   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Now good shopping experiences with Royal Enfield's online store!

How times change.

As I posted earlier, I placed a follow up order on the Royal Enfield store on the 17th of July for two items. They were delivered to the Bangalore address on the 22nd of July. That is just 5 days for delivery. This is even less than the 10 days and 8 days taken for my earlier orders.

Great job, Royal Enfield! I hope you guys are able to sustain these high standards.
neil.jericho is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 9th July 2020, 08:48   #29
BHPian

Placed an order a couple of weeks back in their End of season sale, and stumbled upon this thread! Happy to report all items were delivered on the date promised, and pretty good value at the marked down prices. Bought a pair of riding jeans and the convertible cargoes. Placed an order for headgear/buff this week, but I am less optimistic about this because I have a suspicion they have discontinued them,sadly. Nevertheless took a punt in case they had stock lying around.
philipmathen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th July 2020, 17:09   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

I placed an order for a couple of tshirts and a pair of casual shoes as well thanks to the ongoing sale. They got delivered pretty quickly.

I had tried the shoes last year in their company run brand store and planned to pick it up from one of the local stores during this year's sales but due to the current Covid conditions, I decided to buy it online for the same price instead. The shoes do come with some protection and can be used for riding a motorcycles as well (it certainly beats wearing sneakers) but Ive got used to riding with my A* ankle length boots so Ill keep these RE shoes for casual wear, not that we can really go anywhere during these times!

Mixed shopping experiences with Royal Enfield's online store-20200705_162045.jpg

Mixed shopping experiences with Royal Enfield's online store-20200705_162122.jpg

Mixed shopping experiences with Royal Enfield's online store-20200705_162246.jpg

I really love the quality of the t shirts and the Home Minister remarked that she liked the designs this time. I may not have bought the Interceptor (yet!) but at least I treated myself to one of the Interceptor tees.

Mixed shopping experiences with Royal Enfield's online store-20200704_141954.jpg

neil.jericho is online now   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks