Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2019, 14:21   #16
BHPian

Re: Enfield launches ABS versions of Bullet 350 & 350 ES – Completes the RE range with ABS as standa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinprakas View Post
Damn! Guess this article misled me.
It's a marketing gimmick. No relation with the rear wheel speed sensor. Basic ABS function will not allow rear wheel to lift off. You could say a by product of ABS.

Source: I have worked on 2W ABS for quite some time.
nikhn is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th April 2019, 15:15   #17
BANNED

Re: Enfield launches ABS versions of Bullet 350 & 350 ES – Completes the RE range with ABS as standa

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhn View Post
It's a marketing gimmick. No relation with the rear wheel speed sensor. Basic ABS function will not allow rear wheel to lift off. You could say a by product of ABS.

Source: I have worked on 2W ABS for quite some time.
Thanks for sharing this info, that settles all doubt.
Old 14th April 2019, 15:38   #18
Senior - BHPian

I am surprised as to how still RE is able to sell these metal chunks. Too little too late can't be a factor, as most of the owners don't care whether their bike is with ABS or not, most of the RE customers I know aren't tech savvy or knows what he's really purchasing, if only, why would he end up with an RE. All they care is for the dug dug sound and Royal Enfield, somehow it excites their inner fetishes.

Now that we have the playing field level, I'd love to see how Jawa would eat into RE's pie. One thing is for certain, RE does know how to sell things at a premium.

Cheers!
VJ
Old 15th October 2019, 05:16   #19
Senior - BHPian

These bikes are doing really well. Saw five of them parked, one-behind-the-other (no slowdown in two wheeler sector, I guess), for 3M tank treatments. They were all in black. Spotted one Jawa in blue too. One can easily miss the Jawa, but not these 'elephants'. Wow!
Attached Thumbnails
Enfield launches ABS versions of Bullet 350 & 350 ES – Completes the RE range with ABS as standard-img_3361.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed