Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2019, 11:25   #61
BHPian

re: The Revolt RV400 electric motorcycle

Hi,

Tried to book the bike through MRP line. But the app is giving options of only Delhi and Pune. That mean, we need to wait till it gets launched in our cities?
Old 29th August 2019, 11:35   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarik.arora View Post
For someone living in cities and commuting to work, 2-3 days of power is a must in one go. With a range of just 80 kms, people like me will have to charge the bike daily (which is a pain).
Does you smartphone last for 2-3 days? Think of these EVs as mobile phones than Petrol scooters. Your vehicle is charged overnight when you are sleeping and the next day you use it - there is hardly any pain. For cases when there is power problem at home, public grids come to help.
Out-of-town rides are different however.

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishv View Post
Tried to book the bike through MRP line. But the app is giving options of only Delhi and Pune. That mean, we need to wait till it gets launched in our cities?
Revolt motorbike is available only in Delhi and Pune as of now. So , you have to wait. Just like how Ather is available only in Chennai and Bengaluru (Hyderabad is the next in line).
hemanth.anand is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th August 2019, 11:49   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Does you smartphone last for 2-3 days? Think of these EVs as mobile phones than Petrol scooters. Your vehicle is charged overnight when you are sleeping and the next day you use it - there is hardly any pain. For cases when there is power problem at home, public grids come to help.
Although the analogy with smartphones is pretty close, i will not agree with this comparison yet. If my smartphone dies, i can always charge it "on-the-go" with a power bank or USB cable almost anywhere (similar to battery swapping which i have already appreciated). Even if i am not able to charge my phone, i can still reach home, which may not be the case with my vehicle. I simply cannot live (mentally) with a vehicle with a 80kms range. I know i am being critical but maybe my use case is not fit for such a product.

And to answer your first question, yes, my OnePlus easily lasts for 2 days with careful usage
tarik.arora is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2019, 11:50   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sri_tesla View Post
These will be sold under the MyRevolt Plan. Revolt say this is a “no rental, no lease plan that offers customers full ownership from Day 1 and requires no down-payment”.

Revolt 300:
  • Rs 2,999 per month x 37 months.

Revolt 400:
  • Rs 3,499 per month x 37 months for Base model and Rs 3,999 per month x 37 months for Premium model.
In other words the on road prices are (assuming 12% p.a. rate of interest on 2 wheeler loans):
Revolt 300: INR 92,367
Revolt 400 Base: INR 1,07,767
Revolt 400 Premium: INR 1,23,167

A novel way of pricing.
alpha1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2019, 11:56   #65
BHPian

I find some strange difference between Base and Premium variants of RV400 on booking site which can be seen in below picture. If you choose Base variant, you have to pay Rs 17K extra as down payment for the added features compared to Premium variant and its not optional. If its not optional then what is the point of Base variant?

Premium variant has tyre replacement included in the price. It costs just Rs 1,300 extra for Premium vs Base variant and you don't need to pay the Rs 17K as down payment for Premium variant. Looks like they made sure that everyone will go for Premium variant.

The Revolt RV400 electric motorcycle-mrp.png

Delivery slot is being shown as October, 2019 for Pune.
sri_tesla is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2019, 12:09   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarik.arora View Post
Although the analogy with smartphones is pretty close, i will not agree with this comparison yet. If my smartphone dies, i can always charge it "on-the-go" with a power bank or USB cable almost anywhere (similar to battery swapping which i have already appreciated). Even if i am not able to charge my phone, i can still reach home, which may not be the case with my vehicle. I simply cannot live (mentally) with a vehicle with a 80kms range.
Your post clearly sums up the general apprehensions people have. Around 90% of the people don't run their vehicles for more than 70kms a day. It's just a mental thing that a huge range is a "must".

Quote:
I know i am being critical but maybe my use case is not fit for such a product.
use cases differ from person to person. I ride 45-55kms a day and you may be in that 10% who ride more. This 10% of the population will have to wait a little longer for such vehicles to come (which is not too long).

Quote:
And to answer your first question, yes, my OnePlus easily lasts for 2 days with careful usage
Good for you.
With careful usage, I have extracted 100+ kms form my Ather too (as against the displayed 65kms).
hemanth.anand is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th August 2019, 13:12   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sri_tesla View Post
I find some strange difference between Base and Premium variants of RV400 on booking site which can be seen in below picture. If you choose Base variant, you have to pay Rs 17K extra as down payment for the added features compared to Premium variant and its not optional. If its not optional then what is the point of Base variant?

Premium variant has tyre replacement included in the price. It costs just Rs 1,300 extra for Premium vs Base variant and you don't need to pay the Rs 17K as down payment for Premium variant. Looks like they made sure that everyone will go for Premium variant.

Attachment 1911194
True, they want people to go for RV 400 Premium as the other two hardly makes any sense. without the added benefit of tyre replacement, probably they might have made sense; But with the added benefit of tyre replacement, it's a no brainer.

They just have created a lower variant just for the sake of marketing to keep the starting price low. This strategy is not new at all. In cars, the base variants hardly sell and in Ather nobody has bought a 340.

What I've deciphered of this plan:
  • MRP (My Revolt Plan) is just a loan named differently
  • RV300 and RV400 base are loans with low EMI (2999 and 3499)with a slightly higher downpayment (10999 and 16998)
  • RV 400 Premium is a slightly higher EMI (3999) and a small Downpayment (3999)
  • This is how they can give the ownership to customers.
  • If this is not the case, customers can't take income tax benefit under section 80EEB
hemanth.anand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2019, 13:14   #68
BHPian

Looks perfect option for my once a week office commute of about 40 km in Mumbai and the short runs around house. Hope they launch in Mumbai soon.
Old 30th August 2019, 15:18   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Your post clearly sums up the general apprehensions people have. Around 90% of the people don't run their vehicles for more than 70kms a day. It's just a mental thing that a huge range is a "must".
With urban customers and the highrises, it is highly improbable the overnight charging can work every single day. Independent house dwellers may not have this problem, but setting up that charging spot in the apartments is not easy. Especially because there is rarely a dedicated bike parking spot -- its usually car spots and a common area for bikes.

On a side note -- per the website, you get to choose from 4 different sounds. I almost clapped at that simple innovation until I saw the video bit where it had to be done thru the mobile app.

I thought Nike's self lacing shoes were the height of overengineering.
Old 31st August 2019, 13:41   #70
BHPian

I have one stupid question. What if I ride it on sports mode and maintain speeds of 45 or 65, will the range be be 80kms or will it be better ?
Old 1st September 2019, 12:24   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD150 View Post
I have one stupid question. What if I ride it on sports mode and maintain speeds of 45 or 65, will the range be be 80kms or will it be better ?
I can draw an analogy with driving an IC engine vehicle at 50 kmph but in 3rd or 4th gear. While the response would be good for acceleration, the FE and the range would drop (all other things unchanged) when compared to driving in 6th.

That said, for instant acceleration during an emergency manoeuvre in an EV; I always wonder if anyone will be in a position to toggle the mode.
GeeTee TSI is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2019, 13:22   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Outsider! View Post
Yes, that's not practical as the single battery unit weighs around 19kgs.

Source - PowerDrift.
The PowerDrift video states that the Chinese version of this gets a Bosch Hub motor vs the Revolt's belt drive motor.

Also, why do I have some reservations about this bike.. Chinese make, micromax lineage.. my enthusiasm isn't kindled. I hope I'm completely wrong in my reservations but we'll wait and see. I am interested in an electric motorbike though..at 108 kgs, must be easy to ride in the city with more compact dimensions that a scooter (eg- tvs jupiter which is also the same weight).

Last edited by Rehaan : 3rd September 2019 at 11:43. Reason: Removing video from inside quote :)
Old 1st September 2019, 14:11   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugatti View Post
The PowerDrift video states that the Chinese version of this gets a Bosch Hub motor vs the Revolt's belt drive motor.

Also, why do I have some reservations about this bike.. Chinese make, micromax lineage.. my enthusiasm isn't kindled. I hope I'm completely wrong in my reservations but we'll wait and see. I am interested in an electric motorbike though..at 108 kgs, must be easy to ride in the city with more compact dimensions that a scooter (eg- tvs jupiter which is also the same weight).
As far as the pictures are concerned, The Base RV 300 variant has a hub motor ( no belt drive ) and different footpeg placement as well, which is exactly the same as the Super Soco.

Attaching an image for reference from the Revolt website itself.
Attached Thumbnails
The Revolt RV400 electric motorcycle-screenshot-20190901-2.10.02-pm.png  

Old 1st September 2019, 22:08   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashokrajagopal View Post
With urban customers and the highrises, it is highly improbable the overnight charging can work every single day. Independent house dwellers may not have this problem, but setting up that charging spot in the apartments is not easy. Especially because there is rarely a dedicated bike parking spot -- its usually car spots and a common area for bikes.
The battery pack can be taken out of the bike and charged in one's home/office. That solves the problem of not having charging facility at parking spot.
FrodoOfTheShire is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th September 2019, 18:55   #75
BHPian

Am I correct in my understanding that this will be first 2 wheeler with motorcycle bodystyle? There are already e-scooters available and there is already a small market available. Revolt will gain out of the scenario where people will prefer it over existing options and the push for e-vehicles.

The range of 60 odd kms in normal driving should be sufficient for most people. The pricing is also not bad. It will be interesting to see the support, charging point infrastructure that they would offer.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks