Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2019, 09:23   #16
BHPian

Re: Benelli Imperiale 400 spotted in India, now launched @ 1.69 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by payeng View Post
And what exactly was the Jawa Route?
Its one year since the Jawas are launched and I could see only a few on the road. Long queue for deliveries, not revealing the dispatch numbers, booking amount refund issues and quality issues in initial batches.

There was too much excitement in the Jawa launch and I can recall that they were the talk of the town for a long time but they couldn't manage the situation of demand well.

Please note that I am in no way refering that the bikes are not competent, they should have put in more thought process to handle the demand. Our market has a thirst to the retro bikes.
albertprince is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th October 2019, 10:44   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhu_Bengaluru View Post
The exhaust note is decent
exhaust note is very similar to the Kawasaki W800. Quite nice
Old 24th October 2019, 11:52   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
exhaust note is very similar to the Kawasaki W800. Quite nice
Sounded like any other 4 Stoke - Single to me
Old 24th October 2019, 20:31   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by payeng View Post
Sounded like any other 4 Stoke - Single to me
To me also. I feel that though the bike is bigger than RE Bullet in dimensions, it do not seem to have that "substantial" and "majestic" look of a Bullet. (I am NOT a Bullet fan)
Old 24th October 2019, 23:45   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley Nair View Post
To me also. I feel that though the bike is bigger than RE Bullet in dimensions, it do not seem to have that "substantial" and "majestic" look of a Bullet. (I am NOT a Bullet fan)
Photos can be deceiving. I will reserve my judgment till I see one in flesh. To me it is an good proposition for potential RE Classic customers. It does have a good instrument cluster with fuel gauge and gear indicator. I hope it will get a good gear box (I was a proud owner of RE electra for nearly 10 years, I really loved it, but one thing I hate the most in that was that gear box with “false neutrals”) and better refinement levels .
Old 25th October 2019, 11:49   #21
Senior - BHPian

Looks like a Bullet replica.
But a better version.

How is the support of Benelli in India?
Any fly by night operations here?
Old 28th October 2019, 02:09   #22
BHPian

I wish the motorcycle had chrome plated engine and mudguards as shown in the auto expo. Also it looks a bit "plasticy" and missing a quality touch at some places, just a personal opinion, could be better in flesh
Old 29th October 2019, 19:21   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Here is one of the first informal test ride reviews of this bike in India. The auto mag reviews are currently embargoed till Nov 4th and will be released then. I hope to do a test drive of this bike after the Nov 4th when it is available in the Delhi Okhla showroom. Unfortunately their MG road showroom at Sultanpur is closed now (that would have been much closer). They are planning to open a showroom in Gurgaon soon which they confirmed on email.
Old 2nd November 2019, 08:36   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Got to see and test ride this bike at their Noida Showroom in Sec-63. The bike looks really good and is well proportioned in real life. The test ride was also good and inspite of 205kg kerb weight, you dont feel as if it is a heavy bike. The handlebar geometry and the seating posture are spot on.
Vibrations are also minimal and only at around 2000rpm you feel a slight buzz, after that there are no vibrations at higher rpms. It was quite fun to drive and also very responsive to throttle. It is an eager bike to accelerate but not reckless and always feels in control. It accelerates to 100 quite fast and does it smoothly. I found it much smoother and faster than Thunderbird 350.
I have booked it in Red colour and hope to get the delivery by December.Benelli Imperiale 400 spotted in India, now launched @ 1.69 lakh-img_20191101_143336.jpg

Benelli Imperiale 400 spotted in India, now launched @ 1.69 lakh-img_20191101_143344.jpg

Benelli Imperiale 400 spotted in India, now launched @ 1.69 lakh-img_20191101_143104.jpg

Benelli Imperiale 400 spotted in India, now launched @ 1.69 lakh-img_20191101_143115.jpg
Behemoth is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2019, 10:58   #25
Senior - BHPian

I understand cult following of RE ( I am also a Victim of that). Due to that cult following RE started becoming arrogant. A capable competitor to RE's highest-selling variant 350 Classic was need of time. Jawa tried to do that and failed(IMO).

I am glad to see one more manufacture trying to compete with RE in the segment which is created by RE. Specifications, Features, and price of Benelli Imperiale 400 seem perfect. 3-year unlimited km warranty and 2-year complimentary are masterstrokes from Benelli. Looking forward to TD this mtorocycle.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 23rd May 2020 at 19:05. Reason: Corrected typo -> cult
SJM1214 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2019, 11:46   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
I have booked it in Red colour
Weren't you planning to pick a Revolt Electric Bike?

Last edited by BANDHAV : 2nd November 2019 at 11:48.
Old 2nd November 2019, 11:52   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANDHAV View Post
Weren't you planning to pick a Revolt Electric Bike?
Yes I had booked that too, but I saw that too and wasn't at all impressed. It did not serve my purpose so dropped plans of getting that. It somehow feels very toyish (small in size) and somehow does not feel built to last. Om top of that I am a Bit wary of a 19kg Lithium battery (explosion risk). Electric vehicles in India need some time to get proven. There has also been no response from Revolt on the cancellation of my booking and they are totally unresponsive.
Considering this I evaluated the Benelli Imperiale and have booked that instead.
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2019, 13:26   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes I had booked that too, but I saw that too and wasn't at all impressed. It did not serve my purpose so dropped plans of getting that. It somehow feels very toyish (small in size) and somehow does not feel built to last.
I am amazed to see such a lame attempt from a seasoned businessman. The EV scene is at nascent stage, it needs solid steps in right direction. Such less than solid attempts would only dent the confidence of buying public.

Benelli on the other hand seems to making all the right moves with its new launches. This one is priced very competitively. I like their motocyles. I specially love the way 302R looks.

Looking forward to you ownership experience.
Old 2nd November 2019, 14:42   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have booked it in Red colour and hope to get the delivery by December.Attachment 1929668

Attachment 1929669

Attachment 1929670

Attachment 1929671
Congrats on your booking and good choice of colour. From initial reviews and pictures, this looks like a far better alternative to the Classic and maybe even the Interceptor. Could you pls share the price breakdown. Thanks

Last edited by narayan : 2nd November 2019 at 14:47.
Old 2nd November 2019, 16:46   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes I had booked that too, but I saw that too and wasn't at all impressed. It did not serve my purpose so dropped plans of getting that. It somehow feels very toyish (small in size) and somehow does not feel built to last. Om top of that I am a Bit wary of a 19kg Lithium battery (explosion risk). Electric vehicles in India need some time to get proven. There has also been no response from Revolt on the cancellation of my booking and they are totally unresponsive.
Considering this I evaluated the Benelli Imperiale and have booked that instead.

Glad you cancelled the Revolt. It seems cool, yet half baked product. IIRC, I did request you to consider Jawa/Interceptor - you did one better by waiting and getting the Benelli, which seems like a well rounded product.

Will be waiting for feedback and myB.I.L is considering one 👍

Off topic: I must say we have similar garage - I have Jetta, Ecosport and Street Twin. Looking to replace the Ecosport with Compass/Seltos over period of time😊
Abhi_Automobile is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks