Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2019, 07:26   #16
BHPian

Re: Jawa Perak, launched at Rs. 1.95 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunwar.g View Post
Did I have a time machine then to get one less than a decade ago

Attachment 1935533
You might want to read the complete article, it says Royal Enfield has launched the "Make my own " initiative .

It provides customers a plethora of customisation options like Alloys ( Arai certified ) , decals and other accessories.

So, yes you didn't have a time machine
Old 18th November 2019, 10:28   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

As per the local dealership, the display vehicles will come next month and booking will start in January with deliveries slated to begin from April 2020. Meanwhile the current waiting period of the other models has come down to 4 months from the earlier 8 months.

The Make My Own initiative by Royal Enfield that was brought up has been in the pipeline for quite some time. I had posted about it earlier, albeit without all the specifics that are listed in the news sites. It looks as though Rider Mania will see these customized examples on display.
Old 26th November 2019, 13:48   #18
BANNED

The story behind the Jawa Perak name.

There’s an interesting back story to the Perak name that originates in Czech folklore from World War II.
Quote:
The Perak is the reborn Jawa marque's third motorcycle for India; and as you’d have read already, it’s just gone on sale with deliveries set to commence in 2020. But what’s the story behind the Perak name? An elementary Google search would throw up results for Perak, a state in Malaysia. Thing is, the Jawa Perak has nothing to do with the place Perak – far from it, in fact. The Perak name actually pays homage to a symbol of resistance from 1940’s Czechoslovakia, the home of the Jawa brand.

Jawa revealed the story behind the name through an animated clip that traces the story of the Perak. It is said that at the peak of World War II, amidst Nazi occupation of the then Czechoslovakia, there emerged a shadowy figure in Prague. Dressed in all-black and believed to emerge out of the darkness, the figure was also said to have a giant leap, earning the nickname 'the Spring Man'.

Little was known about the man behind this character but he soon came to be associated with hope against the ongoing oppression. The symbol was later given the name 'Perak'. The story of the urban legend goes on to say that the Nazis’ attempts to capture and kill Perak were in vain.

On the night of May 8, 1945, when the ceasefire of World War II was ordered, Perak was spotted riding out of Prague on a motorcycle, never to be seen again – except, maybe when the urban legend made its transition from Czech folklore to its popular culture; Perak, the Spring Man of Prague, featured in several local films, comic books and novels.
Interestingly, the original clip from Jawa also took a dig at the bike’s chief rival, the Royal Enfield Bullet. The clip was subsequently edited to remove the controversial portion and reposted by Anand Mahindra on Twitter. “The old (clip) had a not-so-subtle reference to a competitor. Put it down to our team’s over-enthusiasm. Now deleted. Just isn’t our style. We race against ourselves.” Mahindra tweeted.

Source: Autocar India
wheelguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2019, 15:42   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

The review might not be of standard, sounds like a paid review or advertisement, but a good look at how the bike looks with good display of road presence.

Last edited by AtheK : 6th December 2019 at 15:46.
AtheK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2020, 14:01   #20
Senior - BHPian

Jawa Perak bookings open

Jawa Motorcycles has started accepting bookings for the Perak. The booking amount is set at Rs. 10,000. Deliveries will commence in April this year.

Jawa Perak, launched at Rs. 1.95 lakh-jawaperak5099.jpg

The Jawa Perak was launched in November 2019. It is priced at Rs. 1.95 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).

The Jawa Perak features a classic bobber look. It comes with a round headlamp and a single seat. Other details include black wirespoke wheels, bar-end mirrors, chopped fenders and a slash-cut exhaust.

The Perak is powered by a 334cc, single-cylinder, liquid-cooled, BS6-compliant engine that produces 30 BHP and 31 Nm of torque. The engine is paired with a 6-speed gearbox. The bike comes equipped with disc brakes at the front and rear and has dual-channel ABS.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 2nd January 2020 at 14:03.
TusharK is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2020, 14:49   #21
BHPian

After all the mess with deliveries of Jawa Standard and 42, its really great that Jawa comes up with deliveries start date. This will really help customers to expect and plan deliveries accordingly.
Old 2nd January 2020, 16:09   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelguy View Post
The story behind the Jawa Perak name.
There’s an interesting back story to the Perak name that originates in Czech folklore from World War II.
Interesting, but I doubt the legitimacy of it. While there was indeed a "Perak man" urban legend during the 2nd War, the name Perak does not reference it. An old Jawa enthusiast once told me, while giving me a tour of his original 1949 (Or 1951?) Jawa Perak, that the name Perak comes from the usage of the single underseat "Spring", which translates to Perak in Czech. The Spring, or Perak, was a unique feature to the motorcycle and novel enough to define the identity of the motorcycle.

I found a few references to back my claim, along with one directly from jawamotorcycles:
Quote:
It was given the name Perak, Czech for “spring”, as a reference to the sprung rear suspension it featured
Source from Jawa
Quote:
The new model was named the “Perak” — Czech for “spring” — a reference to the sprung rear suspension
Source

Clearly there are no references to back Autocars claim in the article. I do not see how, or why Autocar decided to publish a fancy article regarding a pretty innocent and utilitarian name (₹₹? ).
Old 2nd January 2020, 20:24   #23
BHPian

I am one of those chaps who went to Jawa Perak website, filled in my personal/contact details and was about to book the bike but my brain stopped me from doing so (Jawa Delivery fiasco is still fresh in my mind). I decided to wait till April 2020 to see if the Jawa has actually improved in terms of deliveries.
To my surprise, I received a call from Jawa call centre after few hours and they asked me the reason for not booking the Perak and I gave them the same explanation. The lady on the other side of the phone told me that Jawa is aiming at delivery timings of 2-3 weeks for all the bikes in coming months. And I was like HAH! We shall see lady.
There can be two reasons for getting the call from Jawa. Maybe they haven't received enough bookings for the Perak or they are seriously taking feedback of their prospective/current customers.
Peace!
IshWish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2020, 14:26   #24
BHPian

Took a TD yesterday at Safina Motors Bangalore and booked the bike. The SA committed to an April delivery although when I check online delivery estimator, it says May 1st-31st . I have been wanting to get back to riding (or owning a motorcycle for that matter) after a gap of about 15 years so I am in no hurry.

TD Impression

Pros:

1) Looks, again, could be subjective but looks classic bobber. Turned heads almost always. The matte black looks fabulous although might have a purpose of hiding the finish on the real tubular frame which in any other colour would stand out

2) Ride height is well suited for short humans (me being 5.5' was happy). The seat is fairly large and well suited to accommodate large hindquarters. Seat cushion is neither too firm nor too soft. Suspension setup was not too hard although my 5 min ride is no testament to the overall suspension qualities

3) Gearshift was quick but I could not stop myself from going back to neutral every time when I upshifted from 1 to 2. This did not happen to me on the RE Interceptor. Shifts are much better and quicker in the RE considering the fact that the Interceptor I TDd had many more miles than the Perak.

4) Engine does well for a 330 cc motor. Is drivable through out the gear range in city traffic. Didn't get a chance to try the open roads.

5) Exhaust note is pretty good I must say, inline with some of the reviews on youtube. Although I would have liked more base, I guess the smaller engine has to play a part in that.

Cons:

1) No space to keep anything whatsoever, I checked out the units below the seat but the one of the left (I guess it houses the air filter) has 0 space and just a cover to keep things tidy and the one on the right has battery and fuse with barely enough space to stuff some folded documents. No rear luggage rack for those who want to tour (I know it's a bobber but it's an individual choice and otherwise a capable machine)

2) The speedo is similar to the Jawa classic an is quirky and bottom half is barely visible from the riders position. Not sure about the fuel gauge accuracy though

3) Ground clearance might be an issue. Didn’t have any underbody scraping incidents during my short TD to back it up but mostly an observation

4) Tail lamp integrated into the seat, though looks quite good, is not practical if people manager to fit aftermarket luggage carriers. Anything added to the rear will block the tail lamp completely and you will be left at the mercy of a reflector on the rear mud guard

Last edited by gurudutt : 7th January 2020 at 14:30.
gurudutt is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th March 2020, 13:35   #25
BHPian

Amid Corona crisis, Perak deliveries have been put off indefinitely.
https://indianautosblog.com/jawa-per...elayed-p320113
ast.ggn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2020, 22:21   #26
Senior - BHPian

From a teaser video posted by Jawa Motorcycles, deliveries of the Jawa Perak are likely to begin from July 20, 2020.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCnHdEHA...=1qsc6l4d8eykb

https://www.carandbike.com/news/jawa...n-soon-2262801
Venkatesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th July 2020, 21:39   #27
BHPian

Received following email from JAWA.

Dear Nikhil,

Welcome to a new era of motorcycling!

Perak, as you know, is a new chapter in the history of motorcycling in India, and you undoubtedly are one of the pioneers of this new era. While the breath- taking design of Perak captivates anyone who sees it, not everyone will dare to step forward to own it. You stepped forward & it gives me immense pleasure to tell you that you are not only an esteemed owner of Perak, but also are a part of a select group, who’ll be adding a new dimension to the motorcycling in India. My heartiest congratulations to you!!

First of all the news you’ve been waiting to hear – The Perak deliveries will start from 20th of July. We know you’ve been waiting to get your hands on the Perak and we are happy to announce that despite lockdowns, containment zones, manpower issues with component suppliers we have managed to start production. Deliveries will pick up steam going forward. Your dealer will be in touch with you closer to the date of your delivery.

However, we didn’t stop tinkering around the Perak during the production hiatus. I couldn’t be more elated to inform you that we’ve managed to crank up the torque to 32.74 Nm & up the power to almost 30.64 PS. That’s not all, Perak is now housed in a completely reworked chassis with a new swingarm. Frame and swingarm stiffness have been tuned for a linear feel, aiding stability over straights and poise along winding roads. So, the motorcycle you already loved now comes with improved performance & refined handling.

To make getting your Perak even easier, should you choose to avail of finance or have an older motorcycle to exchange, we are extending schemes specially curated for Perak. These range from zero down payment to low EMI’s and the best rates for your old bike. The details of the various schemes are as below:

50% off on first three EMIs
Special EMI plans @Rs.6666/month
EMI plans as low as Rs.9800 @ 2years and Rs.6000 @ 3years
100% funding | Zero down payment | No income proof required
In case you need any information please do get in touch with your nearest dealer, you can also use this link to send us any query that you may have.

As a small gesture of appreciation, we’re issuing a gift voucher of Rs.1000 that you can redeem against your booking ID on purchase of any accessory or apparel at the Jawa store. Especially for your Perak there are T-shirts, saddle bags, helmets and crash guards. Be sure to check them out.

I’d like to thank you once again for keeping the excitement high and looking forward to seeing you on a Perak and embracing the dark. It’s an absolute pleasure to aid you in pioneering this new era of motorcycling.

Ashish Singh Joshi,
CEO, Classic Legends Pvt. Ltd.
NikhilReddy is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 17th July 2020, 11:03   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikhilReddy View Post
Received following email from JAWA.

That’s not all, Perak is now housed in a completely reworked chassis with a new swingarm. Frame and swingarm stiffness have been tuned for a linear feel, aiding stability over straights and poise along winding roads. So, the motorcycle you already loved now comes with improved performance & refined handling.
This is good to know, FootlooseDev in his short ride review of the Perak, mentioned about the fishtailing issue. They have taken care of that now.
Old 17th July 2020, 14:08   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikhilReddy View Post
Frame and swingarm stiffness have been tuned for a linear feel, aiding stability over straights and poise along winding roads.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tchsvy View Post
This is good to know, FootlooseDev in his short ride review of the Perak, mentioned about the fishtailing issue. They have taken care of that now.
Sorry but as a customer am I supposed to feel happy about it or feel upset about being used as a test mule. This does not sound like a quality problem which CL can overlook and go ahead with product launch. It looks to me as an engineering flaw. It takes youtube reviewers to point out the problem and covid break so that company can spare some time for a solution.
ast.ggn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2020, 15:24   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ast.ggn View Post
Sorry but as a customer am I supposed to feel happy about it or feel upset about being used as a test mule. This does not sound like a quality problem which CL can overlook and go ahead with product launch. It looks to me as an engineering flaw. It takes Youtube reviewers to point out the problem and covid break so that company can spare some time for a solution.
I completely agree with you. I, for once, am happy that CLPL has at least listened to the reviewer. Because all the niggles and issues with the 42 and the Classic have now become features, so they are going in the same path that RE treads on. I am speaking this as someone who had previously booked a 42 and waited for 9 months to take the delivery and when it was time, had enough negative things to read about the bike, cancelled his booking and moved on with a CBR 250R. I really wanted to own a 42, but the niggles and the response from CLPL, or lack of it, drove me away.
tchsvy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks