Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2020, 00:02   #31
BHPian

Re: Hero MotoCorp showcases new 300cc+ adventure motorcycle concept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
2 variants - road going version that kinda looked like a hypermotard (the pic I saw had 17 inch spoked wheels). The other will be the adv with more suspension travel (don’t know numbers) and 21/18 wheels

Expected Price - 2.5 lac ex
If the above mentioned specs actually see daylight then this could have been square Himalayan/ GS 310 killer right there. But I trust Hero to ignore the pillion comfort on this one also.

Nevertheless with this power rating it will sell well for sure.
darkLightning is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2020, 07:50   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
From a very reliable source:

Current pre production model makes 38 bhp. Pp2 will be around 45. Weight is 180 or maybe slightly more

2 variants - road going version that kinda looked like a hypermotard (the pic I saw had 17 inch spoked wheels). The other will be the adv with more suspension travel (don’t know numbers) and 21/18 wheels

Possible launch in the festive season this year with actual deliveries commencing by mid 2021
Festive season launch is brilliant. I know your source is good,so no reason to believe otherwise. The 250 adventure from KTM is also due around then. Production ready protos already spotted. Shouldn't the hero be spotted already by now?

That is very very good, barring the weight. I understand these bikes are built to a budget and so cannot use exotic materials for the frame etc.

But maybe this: 180 kgs for a 70hp parallel twin. KTM 490 Adventure? Yes it will be closer to 5 lakhs. Double the price for double the HP is alright. If they drop the fuel tank down ala the 790 adv, i mean

The more i ride offroad, the more i realise less is more in terms of weight.

I am so so happy that finally the smaller dual sport segment is exploding! Hope the japs get in sooner!
Red Liner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2020, 10:23   #33
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
I expect this bike to be around 175 kgs, and then at 30hp, it suddenly doesn’t sound very interesting. The 200 is 155 kgs. The 390 adventure is around 170 kgs with 44 hp on tap.

And looking at hero’s timelines, this bike won’t be here until 2023/24. With options already in the market tried and tested, I wouldn’t hold my breath for this one.
Your posts sound extremely pessimistic towards this for some reason. I thought I read HP as 30+ (closer to 40 even maybe). In any event, I would be keen to see how they handle low end torque because that is what is relevant for offroading in particular.

On timelines, I have frankly heard of H1 2021 - a 2023/24 is by far the most outlier estimate that I have heard so far.

You're right on the weight. That is an area of concern. But again, lets see how low down they can carry it. The trellis frame also hopefully helps contribute to achieving a sensible weight outcome overall.

Quote:
Pp2 will be around 45.
What is Pp2 please. Sorry if I'm missing something obvious.

Last edited by Axe77 : 4th August 2020 at 10:25.
Old 30th September 2020, 16:42   #34
BHPian

Guys,

Any movement here ?
Its almost the festive season but still no sightings of test mule etc.
Old 7th April 2021, 22:41   #35
BHPian

Came searching here from a PowerDrift video mentioning the Hero 450.

Long time no discussions on the thread here!

Somewhere by the year end, I was targeting the Himalayan, but now the Hero 450 has lit up my antennae!

Any updates?
Old 15th May 2021, 09:52   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
From a very reliable source:

Possible launch in the festive season this year with actual deliveries commencing by mid 2021
Any further news on this from your source? I know pandemic would have delayed things but still would be good to know some updates. I am looking to buy the Xpulse this festive season and the 300 would have been perfect at 2.5L
SoumenD is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed