Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2023, 18:52   #1036
Senior - BHPian

Re: The KTM 390 Adventure Ownership Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senotrius View Post
Does the 14T sprocket mod void warranty? Do we gain lower end pull/acceleration while sacrificing top end with this mod?
The 14T helps with the urgency even more, as basically you're undergearing the bike from 15T to 14T, the bike will accelerate, harder and faster, but will lose on top whack. But it wouldn't make a such a big different out there. 14T makes the bike a wee bit peppier esp when considering in-gear acceleration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharathdonti View Post

SS Motocorp Handlebar Risers

The extended clutch cable is included with the handlebar risers ...

Considering the price of ₹1,950 that I paid for these handlebar risers, I believe they offer excellent value for money.
Excellent. So, basically they've given the P220 Cruise's clutch cable which is longer as it basically falls under the cruiser category. Very mindful of them to give the clutch cable along. Neat mod, both this and the Denso horn.

Cheers!
VJ
VijayAnand1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2023, 13:40   #1037

Hello Everyone!

Booked my KTM 390 Adventure V on 15-June-2023. This is my second bike purchase. My last bike sold close to a decade ago.

This did take loads of negotiations with the wife, which would put world leaders to shame, but normal for an average Indian husband.

The choice was between the RE Hunter 350 (her choice) and the KTM 390 Adventure (my option.) Test rode both the bikes. Found that the adventure was comparatively nibble to handle. Anyways my heart was set on the 390 Adventure.

Booked it at the Navi Mumbai (Nerul) showroom. The excitement was such, that I didn’t ask basic questions around insurance, delivery timelines or get a receipt for the booking! I got these done later though. Phew!

OTR worked to around 4.1 Lakhs. Estimated delivery is anywhere between 23-June to 27-June.

Super stoked and waiting! Keeping myself busy with the ancillary purchases like riding gears. A good helmet and gloves already done. Figuring out shoes, as I wanted something that could worn daily and for short rides. Already selected the boots for longer rides, but waiting for my body to break-in on the bike!

More updates once I get the delivery and registration done.
balphanso is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2023, 08:12   #1038
BHPian

To owners, what's the real world city mileage you guys get for the 390. Does it give a better mileage than 2023 Duke 390 due to the extra fan/wheel size? Bangaloreans may be able to give real insight considering the heavy traffic there. Also has anyone here faced or heard of engine oil and coolant mixing as had happened in the past for earlier Duke 390s? I also read this happened for a Duke 790 somewhere here in the forum.
Old 24th June 2023, 09:50   #1039
BHPian

Is it worth going for the Std over the X just for the electronics (TC, QS, C-ABS)? Or are the electronics more of a hindrance? How well does the QS work in the latest 2023 models?
Old 24th June 2023, 21:45   #1040
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddhant View Post
Is it worth going for the Std over the X just for the electronics (TC, QS, C-ABS)? Or are the electronics more of a hindrance? How well does the QS work in the latest 2023 models?
Siddhant, the electronics are worth every extra rupee! This is quite a powerful bike and it’s always good to have these nannies protect you. Generally you will never know how good they are nor will you really feel their presence but on that one (hopefully) bad day they will be all that may make the difference between staying on the bike or a crash. The difference in price will pay off in just one bad day and you will thank your lucky stars that your bike has these features.

I don’t have a KTM so the quick shifter question for this bike will have to be answered by owners. Electronics on powerful bikes are a must have, don’t save money on this crucial aspect of safety.

Cheers

Last edited by Cyborg : 24th June 2023 at 21:47.
Cyborg is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th June 2023, 08:26   #1041

Hello All,

I recently purchased KTM 390 Adventure SW, which fuel is better with bike ?
Normal petrol or XP95 or HP Power . I am planning to keep bike long term.
Could you share your experience/advice, which opts best for the engine.

Thanks - Vineeth
vineeth_k is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th June 2023, 12:33   #1042
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineeth_k View Post
I recently purchased KTM 390 Adventure SW, which fuel is better with bike
Congratulations and all the best with orange! Normal fuel should be fine Vineeth. You should also check on the fuel with the service centre.

Probably you are the first spoke wheel version owner on Team BHP. Appreciate your thoughts on the bike and especially on the adjustable suspension. A detailed post on the adjustability would be great.

Thank you.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2023, 15:28   #1043

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Probably you are the first spoke wheel version owner on Team BHP. Appreciate your thoughts on the bike and especially on the adjustable suspension. A detailed post on the adjustability would be great.
Sure sir, Currently it is in running-in period, will post my observations once I complete any short trip.

Thanks.

Last edited by Axe77 : 25th June 2023 at 16:28. Reason: Trimming quoted post.
vineeth_k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2023, 17:42   #1044
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddhant View Post
Fully agree with Cyborg. I have owned this for over a year. Trust me when I say this, this machine will want to make you want to stupid things. The potential the bike has is only limited by the rider. The engine is always eager and will pull strongly even in triple digits. So it is always good to have the electronic aids at your side. Hopefully you will never be in a situation to check how good they're but videos of these aids in action should prove their mettle.

On the QS, I use it all the time when riding even in city (of course barring crawling traffic). It works well for me, in my understanding the issue comes when you use the gear shifter in a lazy motion. If you flick it up / down, it shifts well. Some gears feel slightly jerky dependent on the speed but overall it's not a dealbreaker. You will enjoy the perk especially at this price point.

Hope this helps.
Malliketh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th June 2023, 08:55   #1045
BHPian

Quote:
which fuel is better with bike ?
Normal petrol or XP95 or HP Power
I've been using XP95 since its launch and I can tell you that it does make a difference (NVH levels wise).Do give it a try !
rb2399 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th June 2023, 10:45   #1046
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
To owners, what's the real world city mileage you guys get for the 390. Does it give a better mileage than 2023 Duke 390 due to the extra fan/wheel size? Bangaloreans may be able to give real insight considering the heavy traffic there. Also has anyone here faced or heard of engine oil and coolant mixing as had happened in the past for earlier Duke 390s? I also read this happened for a Duke 790 somewhere here in the forum.
The mileage varies on how the bike the is used, I consistently see around 30KPL when riding in the city. On a recent spirited ride to a popular breakfast spot I got around 29 KPL.

Ahura Breakfast trip log:
The KTM 390 Adventure Ownership Thread!-ahura-trip.jpg
hiren.mistry is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th June 2023, 11:02   #1047
BHPian

Quote:
Hello All,

I recently purchased KTM 390 Adventure SW, which fuel is better with bike ?
Normal petrol or XP95 or HP Power . I am planning to keep bike long term.
Could you share your experience/advice, which opts best for the engine.

Thanks - Vineeth
Congratulations. Wish you loads of memories with the bike.

I would recommend using normal petrol because once you start touring there are chances that you might not find XP95 or HP Power everywhere so getting the bike running on normal fuel is the best thing to do according to me.

Instead, I would recommend exploring the option of installing Fuelx Pro once you understand the bike fully.
bharathdonti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2023, 16:15   #1048
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
The mileage varies on how the bike the is used, I consistently see around 30KPL when riding in the city. On a recent spirited ride to a popular breakfast spot I got around 29 KPL.

Ahura Breakfast trip log:
Attachment 2468228
How come the adv gets more mileage than the duke with same tuning and weighing more. The d390 gets 22-25 I believe.

I'm looking at the AdvX variant so checking for known issues and fixes of the 390adv in general. Stalling issue fix- clutch sensor/part replacement or fuel pump repair/replacement . Another issue causing improper start/stall maybe sidestand sensor or quickshifter related. No issues of overheating or coolant mixing reported here. Low battery issue has been reported some places.

Last edited by Senotrius : 26th June 2023 at 16:20.
Old 26th June 2023, 20:57   #1049
BHPian

Quote:
How come the adv gets more mileage than the duke with same tuning and weighing more. The d390 gets 22-25 I believe.
On a recent trip between chennai and bangalore, MY2017 D390 returned 33 KMPL for 620 kms.

If I had to take average of 48000kms, I would say 28-30 kmpl. 90% of usage have been on highways.
Vignesh_N/A is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st July 2023, 17:27   #1050
BHPian

I relocated to Hyderabad recently and my Adventure was sitting idle in garage for about 2 months.
And after I transported it here in Hyderabad, it was over heating within 5 mins of traffic. So, I gave it to service centre only to be told that wiring harness has been damaged by rodents and the whole wiring harness has to be replaced
I called my insurer, New India Assurance, to claim insurance, only to be told that rodent damage is not covered. I totally believed till now that insurance will cover this but alas, I was proved wrong.
Replacement costs 13k+labour and the part is not available. So for now the service centre has told me that they will tape the damaged bits and I can ride it without issue for a month or so till the replacement harness arrives. I don't know how safe this is and I don't have a choice, as even if it was available, financial engagements related with relocation would have prevented me from replacing it right away.
This totally spoiled all the excitement I had about starting life in Hyderabad.
Lesson learned: Keep your vehicle away from any rodents, or even insects infested garages.

MiSiMa
MiSiMa is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks