Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2020, 11:25   #31
BHPian

Re: Hero Xpulse 200 (Carb) : Ownership Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
When is the rally kit gonna be available?
No news at the showrooms yet, atleast where I live. Wasnt it supposed to be available this month as per the last round of online reports?
Old 22nd March 2020, 19:20   #32
BHPian

A little trail exploration in Aravalis from yesterday.

Hero Xpulse 200 (Carb) : Ownership Review-20200322_191753.jpg
ast.ggn is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2020, 19:32   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drt_rdr View Post
No news at the showrooms yet, atleast where I live. Wasnt it supposed to be available this month as per the last round of online reports?
Post April apparently and i guess now indefinitely delayed.
Old 24th March 2020, 11:08   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drt_rdr View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Post April apparently and i guess now indefinitely delayed.
I had been trying to find an answer to the question "where can owners try a rally kitted XPulse before spending 38k?" ever since the rally kit launched. While the rally folks were fortunate enough to try the kit out during various events / rallies, it still seemed impossible for the average XPulse owner wanting to try out the rally kit's (and his own) potential. I had zero hopes from dealerships in Nagpur and all I got was, "you'll have to go to Delhi to try it out"

Well finally, I have an answer. It was pretty evident from BRDP's instagram images that they have a fleet of rally kitted Xpulse(s) for practice / events. I checked with them and they can probably arrange one is what I'm told. Yet to have a final word but if it involves riding / travelling to Kolar (KA), renting a Rally Kitted XPulse and spending some good time on their track, I say that can be one of the best days in the life of a stock XPulse owner. And of course it seems to be the right way to confirm if one wants to go ahead with spending on the rally kit OR one should consider that as a one-off experience and move on.

Note: BRDP = Big Rock Dirt Park. I'm not associated with them in any way.
OT: A couple of days ago, CS Santosh took delivery of a brand new RJ14 reg. rally kitted XPulse.
VR/46_Chet is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th March 2020, 12:07   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VR/46_Chet View Post

Well finally, I have an answer. It was pretty evident from BRDP's instagram images that they have a fleet of rally kitted Xpulse(s) for practice / events. I checked with them and they can probably arrange one is what I'm told.
Yes you are right. Hero has been giving away deliveries quietly to folks who are into rally, dirt parks etc. This was confirmed to me by service center guy but I didn't bring it up here as I thought he was exaggerating. However from your statement now, it is clear that these are indeed double standards by Hero.
Old 20th May 2020, 13:17   #36
BHPian

Hi @ast.ggn,thanks for your in depth review and comparision

Which bike amongst the two you have compared in the review would you prefer for the below requirements

- For my Dad aged 60 ( retiring by July )
- Very passionate for 2 wheelers, he prefers a bit high power since he uses a Apache RTR 160 now
- Usage ( 60 % as a daily beater , 40 % joy rides in the city outskirts )
- Maintenance - preferably low
- High Reliability, I don't want him stranded in the Highways / Outskirts

Thanks in advance
Sk8r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2020, 20:04   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk8r View Post
Which bike amongst the two you have compared in the review would you prefer for the below requirements
Hi, my suggestions are as below:

- For my Dad aged 60 ( retiring by July )
- Xpulse is easier to handle and light as compared to Himalayan.

- Very passionate for 2 wheelers, he prefers a bit high power since he uses a Apache RTR 160 now - Himalayan wins anytime. Coming from Apache 160, Xpulse is more or less in same power band.

- Usage ( 60 % as a daily beater , 40 % joy rides in the city outskirts ) - Daily beater - Xpulse, Joy Rides around city and fun on trails - Xpulse, Cross country tours - Himalayan.

- Maintenance - preferably low - Xpulse is really cheap to maintain. Typical free service is Rs. 350, paid service should not exceed Rs. 800-900 (my guess). For Himalayan service cost will be higher. Spares should be lot cheaper for Xpulse.

- High Reliability, I don't want him stranded in the Highways / Outskirts
- Both are quite reliable and built to last long. My friend is quite happy with new Himalayan.

Last edited by ast.ggn : 20th May 2020 at 20:13.
ast.ggn is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th June 2020, 11:55   #38
BHPian

Went in for last free service this Saturday at ODO 12800 kms. Took an appointment on Friday to avoid usual queue at the service center. Service center has locked the waiting room due to Covid, so most of the time was spent on shop floor. Fuel tank which was ordered before lockdown was replaced under warranty. Total bill amount was INR 473, including a spark plug change.

Bike is running fine without any issues. Heat from engine is very less as compared to last summer.
ast.ggn is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th August 2020, 14:00   #39
BHPian

Got the ABS unit replaced today. My observations are similar to feedback provided by fellow BHPian VR/46_Chet:

Going over a sudden pothole/ speed breaker, ABS still kicks in and brake lever gets hard but it does not stay in same state. It returns to normal after a microsecond and brakes can be applied.

Downside - Initial brake bite is gone and brakes are lot more spongy now. Lever has to be pressed quite a bit to get brakes applied.

The unit was changed under warranty and no charges were paid. For information, MRP on the unit is Rs. 9245. Little bit of brake bleeding was required to make the ABS unit working. Replacement time is half an hour job as fuel tank has to be dismantled.

Both units look same in appearance, serial numbers might be different. A pic of new unit:

Hero Xpulse 200 (Carb) : Ownership Review-20200808_123247.jpg

Last edited by ast.ggn : 8th August 2020 at 14:02.
ast.ggn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th August 2020, 17:06   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ast.ggn View Post

Downside - Initial brake bite is gone and brakes are lot more spongy now. Lever has to be pressed quite a bit to get brakes applied.
[/ATTACH]
The brake bleeding is not done properly. Get it re bled.

If done properly, there should not be any sponginess in the lever
sagarpadaki is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th August 2020, 12:25   #41
BHPian

Sharing some pics from our trail ride today. Some of sections were difficult, downhill with mid size stones.

Hero Xpulse 200 (Carb) : Ownership Review-20200829_121041.jpg

Hero Xpulse 200 (Carb) : Ownership Review-20200829_080954.jpg

From couple of weeks back:

Hero Xpulse 200 (Carb) : Ownership Review-psx_20200829_115648.jpg

Today's ride ended with a twist. Some stone hit caused engine case to crack, resulting in total oil drain. Cheap fun bike means cheap repairs, damage to pocket is Rs. 1430. Thanks to Urban Nomad for giving me a lift back home.

Hero Xpulse 200 (Carb) : Ownership Review-20200829_120151.jpg
ast.ggn is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 31st August 2020, 16:43   #42
Senior - BHPian

Xpulse weight loss plan - oil free diet
Attached Thumbnails
Hero Xpulse 200 (Carb) : Ownership Review-20200831_164152.jpg  

Urban_Nomad is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th September 2020, 14:54   #43
BHPian

Got the bike back today after a week. 15500 kms service is also now completed, which was 1st paid service. Labour charge for paid service is Rs. 400 + taxes.

Total bill with new bash plate, engine casing and service was Rs. 3865.

Got seat modified to a flat one and tyres changed to Ralco motocross couple of weeks back. Sharing few pics of mods done.

Hero Xpulse 200 (Carb) : Ownership Review-20200905_141952.jpg

Hero Xpulse 200 (Carb) : Ownership Review-20200905_142026.jpg

Hero Xpulse 200 (Carb) : Ownership Review-20200905_142220.jpg
ast.ggn is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th September 2020, 15:38   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ast.ggn View Post
Total bill with new bash plate, engine casing and service was Rs. 3865.

Got seat modified to a flat one and tyres changed to Ralco motocross couple of weeks back. Sharing few pics of mods done.
How is this new bash plate going to potentially prevent the same thing that happened with the old one?

Maybe its the angle of the photo, but I still cannot see any protection for your casings.

Cheers, Doc
ebonho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2020, 18:49   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
How is this new bash plate going to potentially prevent the same thing that happened with the old one?

Maybe its the angle of the photo, but I still cannot see any protection for your casings.
You might be right Doc, I am not sure exactly how it happened. They might be two different incidents or it is possible that same big stone first cracked the bash plate and then deflected on to casing.

Hero Xpulse 200 (Carb) : Ownership Review-20200905_183551.jpg

I noticed quite late, by that time I was on main highway. But yes, design by Hero is poor and leaves lot of scope for damage. JC Moto bash plate seems good in this respect, if something like this happens again, I might go for it.

http://shop.jcmoto.in/shop/jcmoto-he...se-bash-plate/
ast.ggn is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks