Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2020, 07:14   #31
BHPian

Re: Compatible adjustable levers for my Apache 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomson13 View Post
I can relate to this - I face the same issue. When I showed it to the SVC, they asked me to replace it - I don't remember if it was only the switch or the entire lever set.

In any case, I did not do it and thought of fixing it myself.
From what I've been able to diagnose, the clutch lever has developed some play over time (my bike has done around 18k kms) and this prevents the switch from completing the circuit. Through some trial and error, I've been able to figure out that the switch circuit gets completed if I move the level vertically (in the direction of the play).
This gets the job done for me so i'm content for the time being. I know that it will get worse with time, but I don't start the bike in gear too often so I can live with this.
For me, it happened with a brand new bike. I got the problem at 2500 kms and showed it in service and they greased it. Now I have it again at 3000 kms. I opened the lever, did some cleaning and it works. Don't know when it will conk off again. Let's see.
aveemashfaq is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2020, 23:07   #32
BHPian

Re: Compatible adjustable levers for my Apache 200

I would generally stay far away from after market brake and clutch levers. They do look pretty good, have to admit. But the risk of front wheel locking up because of an improperly greased nut is something that I can't live with. There is a nut near the joint which has to be cleaned and lubricated (or at least it was the case when I last looked at these levers, don't know if the design has evolved since then). And the tolerances for that joint are pretty high. If you get some dirt or grime in there which restricts free movement, locking up the front wheel is a very real scenario.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks