Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2020, 13:39   #31
BHPian

Re: 1 year with my RE Interceptor 650

Quote:
Originally Posted by adwaith View Post
Thank you for your reply! I have a follow up if you don't mind. There is a beeping noise that is coming from the bike mid journey. Initially I thought it was electronic but now I'm inclined to think it's mechanical. It isn't there throughout but comes and goes here and there.
Get it checked at the service center, try to record the sound if it's possible, ask your friend for a ride and ask him to record it, this helps a lot in explaining it to service center folks, or ask them to go on a ride with you so that they understand the issue properly. I personally haven't experienced such a issue.
P.S. Put all your queries in the Interceptor/Gt thread, there are many more people there and they would be able to help you more.
yesyeswe is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2020, 17:24   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adwaith View Post
Thank you for your reply! I have a follow up if you don't mind. There is a beeping noise that is coming from the bike mid journey. Initially I thought it was electronic but now I'm inclined to think it's mechanical. It isn't there throughout but comes and goes here and there.

There is only 50km on the odo but the vehicle had run 400km prior to delivery owing to issus with delivery during the lockdown and the lack of availability of the Baker Express colour in dealerships nearby. The dealeship told me that the first service can be done after 500km on the odo.

My friends tell me not to worry too much and to check the oil and of any lights are on the console and things seems fine. I'm not as familiar with bikes as I'm with cars and therefore any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
I am unsure of what this noise could be but please get it checked ASAP from the ASC. I am part of a couple of INT/Twins forums but never heard this particular concern.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinkbhaskar View Post
Congrats saishivaj on your beauty. My heart is really set on continental GT, but my wallet says otherwise
Anyways, I am now looking out for a pre-owned CBR and was enthralled reading the quoted part. Can you please elaborate a bit more on this and share your views on riding a ceeber vs a RE twin.
I still have my CBR and use it for long rides as well. For me between the two bikes, the difference for choosing one to ride is only dependent on my mood. If I am in the mood for absolutely wringing the throttle and riding hard, I would still choose the CBR. My CBR has done nearly 80,000 km now and the engine still begs to be revved. If I am in the mood for some fast yet relaxed cruising, it is the Twin. You cannot compare both the bikes however, I would rate my CBR as the fun yet reliable one and the twin as the fast and practical one.

Here (My love story: Honda CBR 250R review) is my ownership report of my CBR. I have been lazy with updating it, however, I will take this opportunity and update the thread
saishivaj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th August 2020, 14:04   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
Get it checked at the service center, try to record the sound if it's possible, ask your friend for a ride and ask him to record it, this helps a lot in explaining it to service center folks, or ask them to go on a ride with you so that they understand the issue properly. I personally haven't experienced such a issue.
P.S. Put all your queries in the Interceptor/Gt thread, there are many more people there and they would be able to help you more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saishivaj View Post
I am unsure of what this noise could be but please get it checked ASAP from the ASC. I am part of a couple of INT/Twins forums but never heard this particular concern.
Thank you so much! I shall do that.
Old 29th October 2021, 02:17   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by saishivaj View Post
2. Tubeless tire conversion

One of my biggest gripes with the INT was the tube tires and have been waiting for RE to launch alloys. With no certain news on the that, I invested in the Way2Speed tubeless conversion kit. I ordered the kit directly from Melvin from Way2Speed on whatsapp. The sale was pretty straight forward and Melvin was very responsive to my repeated inquiries on the shipment despite lockdown. I got the kit installed in Bangalore at TopGear Thumpers who are trained by Way2Speed. Bhushan, a fellow INT owner installed the kit and I must point out the dedication and passion that Bhushan works with. He definitely went above and beyond to ensure I am satisfied with the conversion.
Hello Saishivaj, please could you share your experience with the tubeless conversion, has it created a new set of issues? longevity? Also, since its been an year since your post, did you have to redo it while wheel alignment / truing?

I am looking to book the bike, but the tube setup is hindering me putting my money down. I am researching between Outex & Way2speeed.

Also looking forward to EICMA 2021 with hope of updates on Alloys from RE.

Mod Note: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 29th October 2021 at 13:02.
drive@will is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks