Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2007, 01:14   #46
BHPian

hey whats the on road price of this beauty
Old 4th July 2007, 02:39   #47
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1 View Post
Would just like to point out- the performance mania was kicked off by the CBZ, remember? Pulsars just took it a step ahead.
Agreed. I loved the original CBZ.

But sadly, HH never took that step ahead.
Old 13th August 2007, 11:43   #48
BHPian

Agreed totally with the you guys that the revolution was started by hh and the CBZ, it still remains in my memory of the feeling that i had when i first saw it at its launch at an uncles showroom in ajmer.
but what happened after that is disheartening, the same bike has just been replaced after being run for about almost a decade.
while on the other hand bajaj is doing the best that they can, inspite of pulsars being launched a couple of years after CBZ, their flagship has been upgraded 4 times and still in stages of upgradation. they are certainly not the best when it comes to bikes, but when it comes to efforts they are way ahead of everybody else.
they just dont put a sticker on the bike and call it a STAR. there is much more done than just that. you know what i mean?
Old 13th August 2007, 12:57   #49
Senior - BHPian

We need to appreciate Bajaj. They have done much better and given much more than what HH did.
HH has done just stickering jobs in their beauty parlour. They were just trying to run on their preset brand image.

If Bajaj is in stages of upgradation, its great.
Look from where they started .

Stage 1: Th classic pulsar was a instant hit and had almost thrown the CBZ out of market.
Stage 2: The Dtsi engine and a significantly revised look.Cant we appreciate the in house effort which was in fact good.
Stage 3: DTSi with alloys that too still being cheaper than rim based Unicorn.
Stage 4: Revamping all the curves in a Pulsar and a beautiful instrument cluster even if copied from high end bikes internationally. Its looks leagues ahead and better than the compitition. Mass opinion.

I dont think anyone would mind more stages to follow.

We all want high performance bikes and Bajaj is the only one in India right now who is doing this. they may not built a ZX-12 R, but they are certaininly moving in the right direction. They are capitalising on the success of Pulsar in a positive way. They want to built high end bikes that can bring in substantial sales too.

BTW : the 220 pulsar delivers better kmpl than a Cbz.
Old 13th August 2007, 13:31   #50
BHPian

Buddy loved the last line the most.
do you ride a bajaj?
Old 14th August 2007, 02:20   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorque View Post
Buddy loved the last line the most.
do you ride a bajaj?
Yes, used to ride a second hand 2001 Classic 150 Black Pulsar. Bought in 2003 . sold in 2007.

And honestly I appreciate effort rather than the end result which is one the key reasons for respect for Bajaj.
Unsettling something which has the word HONDA in it is not a easy task.
In the car segment, there are so many better products in the market which are more value for every buck. But still the NHC city rules despite its significantly unjustified price tag.
Honda have guts to price the Unicorn higher than a Pulsur 150 at launch time when it did not offer alloy wheels. That should be a straight at least 2000 cut on its price. But they just want to ride on their brand image which I dont like.
Old 16th August 2007, 23:35   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
In the 100cc+ segments???

Can you point one product in which 'HH is way better where it matters?
HH did try with many products. Sleek was a bike I liked when I was young. Then came CBZ which told us that 4S is not just FE. Then Kzma. Glamour FI.

I guess if Honda wasnt here we would have seen much better bikes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
We need to appreciate Bajaj. They have done much better and given much more than what HH did.
HH has done just stickering jobs in their beauty parlour. They were just trying to run on their preset brand image.

If Bajaj is in stages of upgradation, its great.
Look from where they started .

Stage 1: Th classic pulsar was a instant hit and had almost thrown the CBZ out of market.
Stage 2: The Dtsi engine and a significantly revised look.Cant we appreciate the in house effort which was in fact good.
Stage 3: DTSi with alloys that too still being cheaper than rim based Unicorn.
Stage 4: Revamping all the curves in a Pulsar and a beautiful instrument cluster even if copied from high end bikes internationally. Its looks leagues ahead and better than the compitition. Mass opinion.

I dont think anyone would mind more stages to follow.

We all want high performance bikes and Bajaj is the only one in India right now who is doing this. they may not built a ZX-12 R, but they are certaininly moving in the right direction. They are capitalising on the success of Pulsar in a positive way. They want to built high end bikes that can bring in substantial sales too.

BTW : the 220 pulsar delivers better kmpl than a Cbz.

Even the original Pulsar is a copy from the international market and so is the DTSi tech.
Old 17th August 2007, 19:00   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Even the original Pulsar is a copy from the international market and so is the DTSi tech.
Yeah even I think so.... like all other bikes pulsar also has 2 wheeels... screw bajaj aint!
Bajaj never said they invented the DTSi tech, they just used it in engines with lower cubic capacitites.
Give me one example of an engine which has DTSI tech as is below 250cc.
Yes, Karizma came almost 4 years back with a price tag close 85k's exshowroom, upgrades came by the way of new stickers every year.
I absolutely loved the old CBZ before Hero Honda screwed it and before you forget, the original CBZ retailed for 60k's on-road and at the same price bajaj gave you a 180cc with electric start as standard!
Bajaj was the first company to standardize disc brake on 150cc+ bikes, they were the first to bring alloys wheels on mass produced bikes.
Even the spares dont cost a bomb unlike HH which makes more than half of its profit from the sale of spares.
If not for Bajaj we would still have been riding CBZ's with a 156cc 12.6 bhp engine giving less than 35 kmpl costing 60k's on road without an electric start or the ugly duckling fiero with 3k extra to pay for disc brake and astounding 9k's more for the electric starter and it was an india company too, TVS!
Bajaj gave you affordable price tags and played on numbers rather than robbing you of cash in the lack of better options. They setup their own R&D, not paying royality to a second company for technology giving you maximum bang for your buck.
If not for Bajaj, the india bike scenario would have been a huge mess, before Bajaj came into limelight, both the other manufacturers were just robbing customers with their foreign counterparts... TVS with suzuki and HH.
Give credit where its due.
Old 18th August 2007, 00:41   #54

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:

atleast somebody is doing it and not just manufacturing 100cc bikes.well the line between copying and genuine design is so blurred now that it really doesnt matter as long as you get a vfm product.
if mercedes can copy flame surfacing, then who are we to judge.
Old 18th August 2007, 01:38   #55
Senior - BHPian

OT, seems there's some problem with the Digi odos and hence Bajaj is replacing it on bikes for free.
Old 27th November 2007, 22:42   #56
BHPian

Hi,

I wanted to know in details as to what are the problems with the Digi Odos of Bajaj as I have a Pulsar 220 and if they are replacing it then I have still not heard anything from them.

Quote:
OT, seems there's some problem with the Digi odos and hence Bajaj is replacing it on bikes for free.
Regards,
Kailash

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks