Old 24th April 2009, 23:27   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post
@jkdas
You can check these threads out
http://www.orkut.co.in/CommMsgs.aspx...4993&kw=Decomp

http://www.orkut.co.in/Album.aspx?ui...aid=1218440560

Someone has done a twinspark conversion with the decomp modification.
Yes, i know that guy. We did meet when he was at Tvm while on his way for 2008RM. I think he is a member here as well, or it maybe it's his brother who's here.

I didn't need the decomp lever on my Bullet, or any Enfield i tried on till now, have a very good right leg Once you get the hang of it you won't miss the decomp thingy.
Old 29th April 2009, 11:00   #47
BHPian

My 2007 RE Thunderbird (4000 Kms done) failed emission testing : Need help urgently

Hi Guys,

I had taken my RE ThunderBird for a emission testing yesterday and the bike failed the test. according to the guy at the emission test centre the problem was due to carburator and at the same time he told me that that bike might be giving me 20 - 25 kms / litre of fuel. but as per my log my bike has been giving me 38-40 kms / litre for the last 2 months.

not sure what could be wrong any ideas?

as per the emission test
the CO level was to be 3.5% max but while testing the CO level went upto 4.5%.

can somebody help me with the details why the levels increased this much?

also during the previous testing the CO level was 1.35%.

your help is very much appreciated.

Cheers,
Sam

<Moderators: can you please create this as a new thread>
Old 29th April 2009, 21:44   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMUDRA View Post
My 2007 RE Thunderbird (4000 Kms done) failed emission testing : Need help urgently

Hi Guys,

I had taken my RE ThunderBird for a emission testing yesterday and the bike failed the test. according to the guy at the emission test centre the problem was due to carburator and at the same time he told me that that bike might be giving me 20 - 25 kms / litre of fuel. but as per my log my bike has been giving me 38-40 kms / litre for the last 2 months.

not sure what could be wrong any ideas?

as per the emission test
the CO level was to be 3.5% max but while testing the CO level went upto 4.5%.

can somebody help me with the details why the levels increased this much?

also during the previous testing the CO level was 1.35%.

your help is very much appreciated.

Cheers,
Sam

<Moderators: can you please create this as a new thread>
Just ask the service centre to tune the bike. That should solve the problem. If they can't rectify it, take them to the consumer court
Old 30th April 2009, 11:43   #49
BHPian

Have you tried another PUC centre? And do you really think that you can take the garage people to consumer court?
Old 30th April 2009, 12:08   #50
Senior - BHPian

ahh nice this bike is used to the mods for a long time i remember

good going guys!
Old 30th April 2009, 14:20   #51
Senior - BHPian

OT: Lohith your signature is so very true!!

" Everyone wants to park their car/bike in the shade(of a tree) but none wants to grow one!, SAVE TREES/GROW TREES"
Old 25th November 2009, 08:31   #52
BHPian

Plug Specs

Hi Sankar,
Old thread, I know but didn't know where else to start. My first post!
That's quite a rig you prepared and sold.
I'm curious, what are the specifications of the Bosch Super 4 you used in the decomp opening? And, how did you manage to maintain compression with the decomp valve out? Did the plug itself seal the opening into the exhaust port? Did you have to do any machining? I was planning to install a second plug for better efficiency and smoothness in my '79 350 Std.
Thanks.
Old 25th November 2009, 08:59   #53
Senior - BHPian

I don't remember the Bosch plug number if i can find the plug i shall let you know.
Decomp seat is turned on a lathe until the threaded part starts. Once metal is taken off till the threaded part the small hole that vents decompressed charge into the exhaust port becomes visible. I filled up the hole with araldite mixed with a little bit of aluminum dust and set it to set for a day. This hole is not going to the combustion chamber but to the exhaust port so a seal that could withstand high pressures are not really necessary. Combustion chamber is sealed off when the second plug is installed.
Old 26th November 2009, 00:43   #54
BHPian

Sounds like a lot of metal needs to be shed to get to the thread and that the process is not reversible.

Did the Bosch plug have a longer thread than the stock plug? After shaving the decomp seat, was the thread as long as the normal plug thread or longer?

Araldite and aluminium dust?? Sure aluminum dissipates heat quickly but can't the epoxy still crack, chip and fall into the exhaust port? When you screw the plug in, surely it can't perfectly seal off the combustion chamber from the decompressor port without... Araldite. The seal may not be subjected to high pressures but some sealing agent is obviously still required. But, Araldite?

Also, I'll have to use the two 6V coils in parallel. That would put a drain on the battery at low RPM. Man, the 6V electrical system can be quite a pain to manage sometimes...
Old 7th January 2011, 14:30   #55
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Twin Spark Psyched Bull !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Sid View Post
Sounds like a lot of metal needs to be shed to get to the thread and that the process is not reversible.

Did the Bosch plug have a longer thread than the stock plug? After shaving the decomp seat, was the thread as long as the normal plug thread or longer?
Its been a long time since i visited this thread.
It was a long thread plug.

Quote:
Araldite and aluminium dust?? Sure aluminum dissipates heat quickly but can't the epoxy still crack, chip and fall into the exhaust port? When you screw the plug in, surely it can't perfectly seal off the combustion chamber from the decompressor port without... Araldite. The seal may not be subjected to high pressures but some sealing agent is obviously still required. But, Araldite?
The hole i sealed is outside the combustion chamber and does not see any combustion pressures. With the decomp valve actuated the hole diverts the pressure released by the decomp valve into the exhaust port (after the exhaust valve). All it does is channel the hot gases when decomp is actuated. With no decomp valve it gets no pressure/hot gases in it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks