Team-BHP - The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/227107-honda-hness-cb350-priced-rs-1-90-lakh-7.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sebring (Post 4897731)
Road presence is ample and very evident. Someone sent me this pic and I'm sharing with you all

Looks infinitely better in this single tone shade without the graphics.

With Honda's reliability - they got a winner if pricing and character can be spot on as well.

I was looking forward to the rebel. I like the looks better and I'm not a fan of the name 'Hiness' either. Infact I like the looks of the CB300. But the power and torque figures on this are really nice. 30 Nm at 3K is going to be a lot of fun. Pricing is going to be crucial to compete with RE though even though it has a lot more tech on it.

EDIT: Priced at around 1.9L. Wow! This is going to hit RE real hard.

Rs. 1.9 lakhs :)

Enfield is in big danger.

Price of the Highness announced at 1.9 lacs ex showroom
Should be a worthy challenger to Enfield now.

BTW loved the exhaust song at the end by Sivamani! Done quite well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR (Post 4897739)
Looks infinitely better in this single tone shade without the graphics.

With Honda's reliability - they got a winner if pricing and character can be spot on as well.

'1.9 lakh rupees around' is what I have heard, ex-showroom?

Not sure about Classic 350 but, this is a death knell for Imperiale 400, and the whole Jawa lineup. I guess 1.9 lakhs is the ex-showroom price for the DLX variant. IMHO, looks wise, this is not going to offend anyone, the colour scheme may attract comparisons with Splendour, but the road presence will eliminate those comparisons. Specs wise, it's going to be a good city bike and with relaxed ergonomics, I don't think cruising around within the speed limits will be a problem, and sounds nice. With all the accessories and riding gear, Honda is going to promote this as a lifestyle vehicle and with the hint that there will be a CB with bigger engine, they are betting big on this. All in all, Honda has a got most of things right with this launch, IMHO.

EDIT: Just noticed that this is going to have 5 gears, a 6th cog could have been nice though.

Colour options, it's a screenshot so sorry for the bad quality

Also Around 1.9 lacs, this is Himalayan Money, let's see how the meteor is priced

The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-screenshot-20200930-12.27.17-pm.png

While everyone was hoping Honda would launch the beautiful Honda Rebel...
The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-images-20200930t122230.302.jpeg

they came up with a 350cc Splendour on steroids! So much for the hype :D

Pricing around 1.9L as confirmed on video.

Super competitive pricing. Colours look classic. Honda going straight for the jugular with RE.

The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-highness-colors.jpg

My prayers came true. The Rebel, for me, was a disaster. This is classy. To each, his own. Its a real competitor for the RE 350, if they price it right. Around 2.5 on-road should nail it for Honda. And, they offered alloys, that was a great move.

Quote:

Originally Posted by adwaith (Post 4897742)
...I'm not a fan of the name 'Hiness' either.

+1 but CB350 is already taken by the old ( and beautiful) twin.

The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-honda_350.jpg

So they had to call it something else. If they wanted a bite out of "Royals" pie they had to call it by an exalted name. Hence , Hiness. :Frustrati

Tank decal and stripes reminds me of good old Splendor. Plain color looks fantastic. At 1.9L it looks like a good alternative to the RE350.

The bike looks good and has enough tech in it to keep you from feeling like you've time travelled half a century into the past.
Seems to be underpowered although only a test ride would reveal it's true characteristics.
I'd pick this over any single cylinder RE and definitely over the Jawas. If the rumoured pricing is accurate then Honda will be snapping at RE's heels shortly. Classic legends has become an also ran even before they jumped into the fray and the only thing standing between Honda and market dominance (in this category) are Honda themselves.

If I buy this I'll remove the H'ness decal and stick a CB350 sticker on there. Not into cruisers but the CB400 and its Bol D'or cousin styling would have been ace here.

Availability being limited to Bigbike dealership network means Honda isn't targetting RE sales. They probably will be satisfied to match CB300R sales numbers of 100 a month.

Quote:

Originally Posted by srini1785 (Post 4897761)
+1 but CB350 is already taken by the old ( and beautiful) twin.

Attachment 2061119

So they had to call it something else. If they wanted a bite out of "Royals" pie they had to call it by an exalted name. Hence , Hiness. :Frustrati

They could've called it so many other things TBH. This was one of the worst choices they could've had.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dinu2506 (Post 4897755)
My prayers came true. The Rebel, for me, was a disaster. This is classy. To each, his own. Its a real competitor for the RE 350, if they price it right. Around 2.5 on-road should nail it for Honda. And, they offered alloys, that was a great move.

The Rebel twins are simply not practical enough to challenge RE.
Honda was wise enough to realize this and they have done their homework well.
At 1.9 lakhs, they have nailed the pricing as well, and it will be interesting to see how RE counters this with the Meteor and the updated Classic 350 that should be coming soon.

The promise of a bigger CB indicates that they will be targeting the 650 twins soon, the game is on!