Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2020, 16:03   #1
Senior - BHPian

Ather expanding charging infrastructure to 135+ locations

Ather Energy is expanding its charging infrastructure as it plans to launch its products across 9 new markets in India. The company is setting up 135 public fast charging stations by December 2020.

Ather expanding charging infrastructure to 135+ locations-ather-grid-1.jpg

Ather has already set up 37 fast charging stations in Bangalore and 13 in Chennai. New charging stations are being installed at 6 more locations in Bangalore and Chennai each.

Ather expanding charging infrastructure to 135+ locations-ather-grid-2.jpg

Ather Energy has signed MOUs with VR Mall, PPZ mall management, restaurant and cafe chains like Little Italy, Blue Tokai, Chai Kings and retail outlets like Sangeetha mobiles, giving it access to over 250 locations in India.

Ather Grid will be set up at 5 locations in Hyderabad, 7 locations in Pune, 3 locations each in Kochi, Kozhikode and Ahmedabad. Coimbatore and Kolkata will get two fast charging stations, while Mumbai gets a charging station at one location. Ather will install its fast charging infrastructure at four locations in Delhi NCR.

Ather expanding charging infrastructure to 135+ locations-ather.jpg

In the first phase of its expansion, Ather Energy will install about 5-10 fast charging points before delivery in each of the new markets they are expanding to. The company targets to set up 6,500 charging points across the country by 2022.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 13th October 2020, 18:10   #2
BHPian

Re: Ather expanding charging infrastructure to 135+ locations

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
The company targets to set up 6,500 charging points across the country by 2022.
I don't think they will even reach 500 charging points by 2022. With the absurd pricing of 450x and discontinued 450, they will not need that many either. Ather said they will launch cheaper model after 450. But the reality is, they released 450x with minor improvements at 50% higher price. Discontinuation of 450 is even worse.

It's disheartening to see there are no EV 2 wheeler options after all these years. I was hoping for Ather to bring competition to the 2 wheeler market and push traditional makers towards EVs. With Bajaj and TVS pathetically limited production if their EVs, looks like it's going to be a long wait.
sri_tesla is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th April 2021, 21:52   #3
Senior - BHPian

Ather Energy sets up 10 EV charging points across Mumbai, plans 20 more by 2022.

Ather expanding charging infrastructure to 135+ locations-20210406_214921.jpg

Ather expanding charging infrastructure to 135+ locations-20210406_214928.jpg

By next year, Ather Energy says it will have a minimum of 30 fast-charging points across Mumbai. Ather Energy has partnered with Park+ to set up EV charging locations in Mumbai. Park + is a smart parking solutions brand that allows users to locate parking, book slots and pay digitally.

Source
Old 6th April 2021, 22:38   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Prediction: Promise the stars
Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
The company targets to set up 6,500 charging points across the country by 2022.
Actual / Realistic Scenario: A crash to reality
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Ather Energy sets up 10 EV charging points across Mumbai, plans 20 more by 2022.
----------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by sri_tesla View Post
I don't think they will even reach 500 charging points by 2022.
So true! And with a metro city like Mumbai and they have plans only to reach 30 next year!

I was planning to buy Ather scooter for my parents but seems like I will have to drop this idea for a while for sure!
Old 4th February 2022, 19:25   #5
Senior - BHPian

Ather signs MoU with Karnataka government to set up fast charger network. Ather and ESCOM to jointly setup 1,000 fast chargers in Karnataka.

Link
Old 4th February 2022, 20:59   #6
Senior - BHPian

I'd tagged along with my cousin to the Indiranagar store as she was looking the replace her old scooter with the 450X. The Ather Executive was a thorough professional and we made a booking with a promised Feb-end delivery date.

During our interaction he also mentioned:

A new experience center along would be coming up by Feb/March 2022 on Dr. Rajkumar Road, Rajajinagar which is good news for those who stay in Benagluru South as they can get their vehicles serviced here.

A new model is expected in August but they've no idea about the features etc. I only asked him if the scooter would get ABS and the answer was a 'NO'. They're expecting to add features like hill-hold, cruise control and similar such features with enhanced range. Looks like a direct rival to the S1 PRO and Simple Energy scooter if the company delivers what it promised.

EDIT- Found this article, however its behind a paywall. Look like they'll be making both a budget model and a higher-end model.

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...w/89333593.cms

Another article-https://www.bgr.in/electric-vehicles/ather-energy-to-launch-new-electric-scooter-variant-in-six-months-report-1042037/

Last edited by shashank.nk : 4th February 2022 at 21:11. Reason: Added a link to the article
shashank.nk is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks