Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2020, 09:28   #46
BHPian

Re: 2 decades of the Bajaj Pulsar

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
Pulsar 180 was my first bike that I bought in 2002 to replace an LML scooter that I had.

I still have the bike with me and am using it as my daily ride. I still enjoy riding this bike.

I took a couple of photos of the bike for this thread last week. The bike will be in its nineteenth year in 2021.
Attachment 2094263

The bike still looks good and runs well.
Attachment 2094264

The only issue I have had is trying to find some good tyres in 100/90 X 18" size for the rear tyres.
Apollo Actizip R3, if you're looking to switch from MRF. Ceat Gripp X3 does the job nicely. It's one of the better ceat tyres. Ceat Vertigo and Zapper Y are two other cheap options (not that grippy though).
Bismaya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th December 2020, 12:30   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Nostalgic thread, taking me back 18 years, to the boom of the internet biker forums (Yahoo Groups and the 2 BHPs initially), biker wars, biker clubs, factory visits, and biker festivals, and group and club all-India ride meets!

The Pulsar(s) that started it all ... in 2002!!!! Many old friends still in touch and on this forum.

Attachment 2086671

Cheers, Doc
Doc, I was hoping you'd post in here. One of my best Pulsar memories is our ride to Chakan and spending a day with Bajaj. Riding our bikes on the Chakan track was the icing on the sweet, sweet cake.
The Red 180 you see in this pic with the Bibendum sticker on the front mudguard is mine. Got it home in Oct-Nov 2001 and I still have it. My current daily ride is the 2012 Pulsar 200NS.

Cheers
hiren.mistry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2020, 13:32   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
Doc, I was hoping you'd post in here. One of my best Pulsar memories is our ride to Chakan and spending a day with Bajaj. Riding our bikes on the Chakan track was the icing on the sweet, sweet cake.
The Red 180 you see in this pic with the Bibendum sticker on the front mudguard is mine. Got it home in Oct-Nov 2001 and I still have it. My current daily ride is the 2012 Pulsar 200NS.

Cheers
Hi Hiren!

Those were really heady days for sure. Chakan was a blast. This bike made Bajaj. And created the entire parallel non-Bullet biking culture in India, online and city groups. Did you come to the All-India Dharwad G2G? That was another highlight.

Yeah I remember your bike with the white highlighted MRF logo tyres.

Others may or may not agree, but this was the most handsome Pulsar. It was like a whiff of fresh firang air for Indian bikers. A baby BMW naked it looked like. The headlight. The tank. That missile silencer! That beautifully crafted twin pod cluster.

Cheers, Doc
ebonho is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2021, 19:40   #49
BHPian

Hello guys,
I have a Pulsar 150 - 2009 Model. I currently have tyres with tube.
Can I replace with a tubeless tyre of the same profile to this model ?
I asked a local workshop guy, and he told it might leak. So, wanted to get some expert advice here.

PS: This might not be the right thread to ask this question. Still I went ahead because this was an active thread. Please move if required.
Old 18th February 2021, 21:08   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicCharcoal View Post
I have a Pulsar 150 - 2009 Model. I currently have tyres with tube.
Can I replace with a tubeless tyre of the same profile to this model ?
I asked a local workshop guy, and he told it might leak.
I have Pulsar 180 UG3 bought in Feb. 2007.
I have switched to Tubeless Tyres since 2-3 years ago. Just that you will face problem while procuring Correct Size Air Valve for the Alloy Rims.
Old 22nd October 2021, 15:10   #51
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2 decades of the Bajaj Pulsar - Keep or Sell

Friends,

I have 2002 registered Pulsar 180 (Black) and the registration is renewed up to mid-2022. You can see two pictures of the bike here and here.

I am in a dilemma whether to keep the bike or sell it now. It is yet to reach the 50,000 km mark and is in good condition. Had been using it for my daily office commute for about 4 years before the lock down and before that it was mostly used during weekends to potter around town.

I am not that very emotionally attached to the bike and the bike can continue to serve me for many more years. If I sell it, my plan is to buy a bigger capacity bike for some touring etc. How much should I expect for this bike? Is it worth preserving it?
pjbiju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2021, 17:22   #52
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
Friends,

I have 2002 registered Pulsar 180 (Black) and the registration is renewed up to mid-2022. You can see two pictures of the bike here and here.

I am in a dilemma whether to keep the bike or sell it now. It is yet to reach the 50,000 km mark and is in good condition. Had been using it for my daily office commute for about 4 years before the lock down and before that it was mostly used during weekends to potter around town.

I am not that very emotionally attached to the bike and the bike can continue to serve me for many more years. If I sell it, my plan is to buy a bigger capacity bike for some touring etc. How much should I expect for this bike? Is it worth preserving it?
Wow! That is too good a condition to just sell off.

I'd suggest you to keep the motorcycle and get a P220 engine for around 5k including the carb and install it in the motorcycle, you can get a really fun motorcycle by spending so less, a few of my buddies have a similar build and the motorcycle is exhilarating to ride, even more fun than say a Duke.

Hope this would influence your decision.

Regards,
A.P.
ashwinprakas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2021, 20:37   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinprakas View Post
Wow! That is too good a condition to just sell off.

I'd suggest you to keep the motorcycle and get a P220 engine for around 5k including the carb and install it in the motorcycle, you can get a really fun motorcycle by spending so less, a few of my buddies have a similar build and the motorcycle is exhilarating to ride, even more fun than say a Duke.

Hope this would influence your decision.

Regards,
A.P.
Hi Ashwin!
I was actually considering this as a personal project of mine in the coming couple of years. I'm still considering it. That is how I actually got introduced to team-bhp back in 2016. It was the restoration post sof a early 2000's pulsar with alloys, and the other one being a red KA-registered pulsar. It seems like a very, very fun idea. And also, I dont know why but the swingarm on the first gen pulsar seemed really off to me. Any fix for that?
saitvsk23 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks