Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2020, 15:59   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Saya - My RE Continental GT650 Carbon Edition!

Saya looks fantastic. Oh My God, Jesus...that's sweet. You have touched the peak in possibilities. Congratulations, and look forward to see this dark warrior on Pinterest etc. You must give it few eyeballs
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2020, 19:14   #17
BHPian

One of the best modified twins out there. I particularly liked the front, with the beefy forks and fat rubber. it looks fast even while parked. You seem to get a lot of head turns for the looks and sound. The beauty of mods is you can call the bike/car your own concept, from it getting lost in the sea of similar ones on road.

there is a thin line between Tastefully modified and Weird/wacky modification. I firmly believe yours would fall into the former.

All the very best for many KMs on Saya.
Plymouth_Fury is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2020, 19:36   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriad84 View Post

Thank you!. Yeah, front plate does ruin the lines a little, but atleast the rear one is a sticker and not a plate so keeps it clean!
I saw this on a Dominar. The front number plate is mounted on an independent bracket. Looks very good. Could not click a shot from the front.

Saya - My RE Continental GT650 Carbon Edition!-20201218_204053.jpg

Saya - My RE Continental GT650 Carbon Edition!-20201218_204104.jpg
Mafia is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2020, 19:47   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafia View Post
I saw this on a Dominar. The front number plate is mounted on an independent bracket. Looks very good. Could not click a shot from the front.

Attachment 2096008

Attachment 2096009
Thanks for the idea. I did have it installed right under the front fairing instead. Also added a front fender to keep getting sprayed from front when it rains
Saya - My RE Continental GT650 Carbon Edition!-dsc_5937.jpg
sriad84 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2020, 11:04   #20
BHPian

Neatly done man, loved the stance, and subtle gold accents and it does blend well with the black.
It always gives us immense satisfaction if we are able to materialize our vision. Kudos to you and wishing you many happy miles with "Saya". I am sure that its not the end of your mods and I’m really looking forward for the Evolution!
Ride Safe
Adam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2020, 11:45   #21
BHPian

Such an astonishing mod this is. Simply Great. Staying nearby, i'll definitely catch your bike some day - hehe...
AutoDowntowner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2020, 13:42   #22
BHPian

Welcome to the forum Srini. Superb post to begin your journey with T-BHP!

Tastefully done mods on your Saya! The beefy tyres, custom black paint scheme & especially the tail lamp & stance from the back end is gorgeous!!

I’ll follow your thread as I’m keen to see what’s on your future to-do for Saya. Wish you many happy miles mate.

Cheers
suhas_raj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2020, 23:24   #23
Senior - BHPian

Mods like these bring out the individuality and the uniqueness of a motorcycle. Lovely build. Keep tinkering, ride safe.

Cheers!
VJ
Old 24th December 2020, 00:05   #24
BHPian

Congrats on the build, really nice and with clean lines.

But there was something that was nagging me.

With the new MV act wont this light up with violations like a red hot iron? I mean an opportunist constable could simply walk up and seize the vehicle for modifications.

Do take care on the legal aspect as it would mean that all the hard work be seized or be reduced to that clandestine outing.
Old 24th December 2020, 00:36   #25
BHPian

Man what a mindblowing design!!

Royal Enfield should launch a Saya edition and pay you royalty for every unit sold
Old 24th December 2020, 10:03   #26
BHPian

Amazing build. I see you're inspired by the Rough Crafts build and the tail is from the new Indian FTR. Could you post some closeup pictures? Any plans to share design schematics? Looking forward to your DIY CF thread!

My only visual quibble on the stock 650 was that cheap-looking top tripple-tree. You mentioned you've built a custom top bracket, would love to see it and the gauge cluster up close. Also noticed the quad lock, a rarity in India.
Old 24th December 2020, 12:29   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Saya looks fantastic. Oh My God, Jesus...that's sweet. You have touched the peak in possibilities. Congratulations, and look forward to see this dark warrior on Pinterest etc. You must give it few eyeballs
Thank you. I do post updates/new pictures on instagram, so if you are interested do look me up sadilap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plymouth_Fury View Post
One of the best modified twins out there. I particularly liked the front, with the beefy forks and fat rubber. it looks fast even while parked. You seem to get a lot of head turns for the looks and sound. The beauty of mods is you can call the bike/car your own concept, from it getting lost in the sea of similar ones on road.

there is a thin line between Tastefully modified and Weird/wacky modification. I firmly believe yours would fall into the former.

All the very best for many KMs on Saya.
Thank you. Yes she is a head turner and I think it takes them a while to figure out which bike it is. And like you said the exclusivity is one of the motivator and does make the bond with the motorcycle even better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
Neatly done man, loved the stance, and subtle gold accents and it does blend well with the black.
It always gives us immense satisfaction if we are able to materialize our vision. Kudos to you and wishing you many happy miles with "Saya". I am sure that its not the end of your mods and I’m really looking forward for the Evolution!
Ride Safe
Thank you. Playing around with an idea of having bolt on parts to make it more of a bratt and switch to cafe racer when I want. But time will tell on how I make progress on that idea. Priority right now is to ride this bike more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoDowntowner View Post
Such an astonishing mod this is. Simply Great. Staying nearby, i'll definitely catch your bike some day - hehe...
Thanks and good to know you are from Pune. Am always up for catching up. Hopefully we get a relief from Covid19 in the near future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhas_raj View Post
Welcome to the forum Srini. Superb post to begin your journey with T-BHP!

Tastefully done mods on your Saya! The beefy tyres, custom black paint scheme & especially the tail lamp & stance from the back end is gorgeous!!

I’ll follow your thread as I’m keen to see what’s on your future to-do for Saya. Wish you many happy miles mate.

Cheers
Thanks mate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VijayAnand1 View Post
Mods like these bring out the individuality and the uniqueness of a motorcycle. Lovely build. Keep tinkering, ride safe.

Cheers!
VJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manan9876 View Post
Congrats on the build, really nice and with clean lines.

But there was something that was nagging me.

With the new MV act wont this light up with violations like a red hot iron? I mean an opportunist constable could simply walk up and seize the vehicle for modifications.

Do take care on the legal aspect as it would mean that all the hard work be seized or be reduced to that clandestine outing.
The" legal aspect" is something that on back of my head always. However I try not to let that stop me from my vision. So far, Pune has been more "lenient" I would say. I have not put enough km on her yet. But typically ride only on weekends and not use it for commute etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Bharadwaj View Post
Man what a mindblowing design!!

Royal Enfield should launch a Saya edition and pay you royalty for every unit sold
Thank you. Haha, how i wish!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebengalee View Post
Amazing build. I see you're inspired by the Rough Crafts build and the tail is from the new Indian FTR. Could you post some closeup pictures? Any plans to share design schematics? Looking forward to your DIY CF thread!

My only visual quibble on the stock 650 was that cheap-looking top tripple-tree. You mentioned you've built a custom top bracket, would love to see it and the gauge cluster up close. Also noticed the quad lock, a rarity in India.
Thank you. The credit on achieving the front and tail design goes to Devashish from Ricochet motorcycles. Simply put, it was not easy and was all done by hand metal shaping. Due to this there are no schematics as such.

Top triple was from benelli 600i, but the clip-on brackets are single piece billet aluminum. See pictures below (not the best, but I can take higher res, better quality if interested)

Saya - My RE Continental GT650 Carbon Edition!-clipons-top-tree.jpg

Saya - My RE Continental GT650 Carbon Edition!-clipons-top-tree1.jpg
sriad84 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th December 2020, 06:36   #28
BHPian

Looks like something Batman or Judge Dredd would ride.

Stunning, futuristic and tasteful (with black shocks, even more but then thats only my taste talking here)

Saya must turn a lot of heads no? I know I definitely would ask you a lot of questions if I saw this on a parking lot
Stribog is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks