Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2021, 20:11   #1
BHPian

How to sell an unused / damaged two-wheeler

Our family owns a 2010 TVS Scooty Pep Plus and a 2012 Bajaj Pulsar 220F.

The TVS Scooty was given to my Mom from her prior School. The registration is still under the name of the School's Principal though the Tax Receipt is under my Dad's name (I do not know how that happened). The School has closed down in 2013 and no one from the school asked my mom to give back the scooty. Since then, the scooty has hardly been used and no one from my family bothered to the change the registration. The Scooty is registered under MH 06 with no valid Insurance and only a Tax Receipt which is incidentally under the name of my Dad, though the registration is not. There is no RC Card as well.

The Pulsar is owned by my brother. He bought the Bike in Noida in 2012 and the registration was changed to MH 46 with proper RC Card and everything. The Biker met with an Accident in 2016 and the Headlight was completely damaged. The Engine is still fine though it has since not been used at all since then as both me and my brother were out of State.

I want to basically get rid of these two vehicles. I do not intend to earn any money from the sell/transfer. Thus, i want to know what i can do with the above vehicles. I'm okay with giving these two vehicles away to a scrap dealer or anything. Also, if anyone from the group wants the Vehicles for their parts or anything, please be my guest. One more thing, since the Scooty (as per the Vahaan website) is not in our name, can i just give it away to anyone? The bike is still under my brother's name though with no insurance. He does not stay here, though he has written a letter allowing me to sell the bike with a signed copy of his aadhar card. I reside in Kharghar and any help in this matter at the earliest, would be deeply appreciated. Thank you.

P.S. Please feel free to move this post to appropriate thread.
Sounak04 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 29th January 2021, 20:35   #2
Team-BHP Support

re: How to sell an unused / damaged two-wheeler

The Pulsar is very straightforward; you can put it on OLX, ask a neighborhood garage if he's interested / someone who would be, or keep the bike with a "park and sale" dealer. Only one hitch though:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sounak04 View Post
The bike is still under my brother's name though with no insurance. He does not stay here, though he has written a letter allowing me to sell the bike with a signed copy of his aadhar card
He will need to sign the RTO Form 29 (maybe 28 and 30 too, and 35 if the bike has Hypothecation). Download, print and sign and courier will work.

Quote:
One more thing, since the Scooty (as per the Vahaan website) is not in our name, can i just give it away to anyone?
Legally, no. You will need signed forms (same as above) from the Owner for a sale, and original RC. This is very complicated since you not only need to get the RC but also find out who the right authority is to sign on the form.
libranof1987 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th January 2021, 21:32   #3
Senior - BHPian

Best solution for TVS Pep plus is usage by your family given the fact that your mom was working in the school which is the owner of the scooty. Other option is to salvage the scooty.

It is legally not easy job to transfer the scooty to any other name.
gkveda is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th January 2021, 22:39   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkveda View Post
Best solution for TVS Pep plus is usage by your family given the fact that your mom was working in the school which is the owner of the scooty. Other option is to salvage the scooty.

It is legally not easy job to transfer the scooty to any other name.
Wouldn't recommend salvaging as the vehicle could still be used illegally since you cannot cancel the RC.
You should contact the principal or their family & return the scooter to them since it's on their name and let them dispose of it as they deem fit.

Regarding the pulsar: you can sell it on an as is where is basis through the various online classifieds. Your brother will have to sign & courier the forms to you so you can submit them to the rto after obtaining buyers signature & documents.
lamborghini is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th January 2021, 01:00   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sounak04 View Post

2012 Bajaj Pulsar 220F.
The Pulsar is owned by my brother. The Biker met with an Accident in 2016 and the Headlight was completely damaged. The Engine is still fine though it has since not been used at all since then as both me and my brother were out of State.

I want to basically get rid of these two vehicles. I do not intend to earn any money from the sell/transfer. Thus, i want to know what i can do with the above vehicles. I'm okay with giving these two vehicles away to a scrap dealer or anything. Also, if anyone from the group wants the Vehicles for their parts or anything, please be my guest. Thank you.
Could you please DM me the pictures of the bike. Need a Pulsar chassis & engine for a Scrambler project.
KaandBaaz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2021, 08:39   #6
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: How to sell an unused / damaged two-wheeler

Mod Note: Thread moved to the 2-wheels forum!
Old 31st January 2021, 12:25   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaandBaaz View Post
Could you please DM me the pictures of the bike. Need a Pulsar chassis & engine for a Scrambler project.
Yes I ll send you the photos. Both the chasis and the engine is in fine condition. You can take it.
Old 31st January 2021, 18:45   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

I have gone through your post and would suggest the following steps.

As regards the TVS Scooty, please contact someone from the school management team that was looking after the school matters. His or her help could be sought to dispose of the Scooty.

As regards the Bajaj Pulsar, please go through pages 67-74 of the pdf file uploaded. These pages deal with de-registration or cancellation of registration of a motor vehicle with the concerned registering authority for whatever reasons. You can seek a reliable broker's help too. De-registration is very essential if at all any motor vehicle is to be scrapped. You will have valid papers saying that the registration of the vehicle is cancelled for future reference, wherever required.

[ATTACH=VAHAN 4.0 (Vehicle Registrations and Transactions) (2).pdf]2116168[/ATTACH]
Attached Files
File Type: pdf VAHAN 4.0 (Vehicle Registrations and Transactions) (2).pdf (8.14 MB, 5756 views)
anjan_c2007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2021, 07:26   #9
BHPian

Hi all,
I have an avenger 2006 model which is sparingly used.
Tried starting yesterday after installing new battery after an year.
Bike started. After a short ride it went dead.
Pushed it almost 2 km to Mechanic who diagnosed it to be a CDI unit failure.
Unfortunately could find the CDI in almost all the reputed spare part stores.
Planning to dispose it off.
How to go about it.
Expert advices please.
Old 14th February 2021, 09:08   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by matchvan View Post
Hi all,
I have an avenger 2006 model which is sparingly used.
Tried starting yesterday after installing new battery after an year.
Bike started. After a short ride it went dead.
Pushed it almost 2 km to Mechanic who diagnosed it to be a CDI unit failure.
Unfortunately could find the CDI in almost all the reputed spare part stores.
Planning to dispose it off.
How to go about it.
Expert advices please.
I make CDI's for most bikes in the aftermarket, varroc branded ones should be available for the avenger on order at least, unfortunately avenger CDI is under development for me otherwise I would've sent it to you by courier.
If you can drop in the part number of the CDI I can guide you better, also if you can guide me with your exact location, I will see if something is possible.
P.S always willing to help BHPians.

Thanks
dhruvritzed is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th February 2021, 11:51   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvritzed View Post
I make CDI's for most bikes in the aftermarket, varroc branded ones should be available for the avenger on order at least, unfortunately avenger CDI is under development for me otherwise I would've sent it to you by courier.
If you can drop in the part number of the CDI I can guide you better, also if you can guide me with your exact location, I will see if something is possible.
P.S always willing to help BHPians.

Thanks
Thank You for the prompt reply.
I'm based in Warangal.
The part number is DV111014.
Would be of great relief if you can help source the part.
Old 14th February 2021, 13:05   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by matchvan View Post
Thank You for the prompt reply.
I'm based in Warangal.
The part number is DV111014.
Would be of great relief if you can help source the part.
Swiss makes this part for aftermarket, I think I have one in stock for benchmarking purposes.
Part code for swiss is SAP-0677A
In case you do not find it at a Swiss retailer, let me know.
I'll try and help you some way.
dhruvritzed is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks