Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2021, 20:49   #31
BHPian

Re: Retro-scrambler motorcycle with dual exhaust spotted | Seems to be a new Yezdi

This bike looks like the Himalayan from the side profile, and Xpulse from the front. Even the white and blue colour scheme on the tank is from the Himalayan. They should have made the effort for something more distinct. A bit retro-looking off-roader or even a retro-modern one would do, not something that screams Himalayan from afar.
TorqueMonster is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st December 2021, 08:21   #32
BHPian

Re: Retro-scrambler motorcycle with dual exhaust spotted | Seems to be a new Yezdi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Yezdi Adventure Roadking production-spec model spied undisguised and it was completely kitted out with jerry cans and panniers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafia View Post
Lets hope the Yezdi Adventure headlight setup is better than the Xpulse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreasyCarb55 View Post
The Yezdi ADV looks like a Beefed up Hero XPulse (and that's not a bad thing at all).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk8r View Post
Is it only for my eyes, or the Adventure Roadking is a complete "inspired" version of Himalayan ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick View Post
Why copy Himalayan ?

If you are going to copy, at least do a Mahindra and copy from a super desired design.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Boss, you're not alone. Here's a quick & crude picture for comparison. One looks bare naked & other one fully loaded, just that one is 300 cc engine (unless Mahindra managed to rebore the 300 to 400 cc)
The bike looks like the Himalayan and that's not necessarily a bad thing. Except for the QC issues, ponderous weight and general lack of power Himalayan overall was a comfortable design. Why reinvent the wheel if using a proven design works just fine? With the proven Mojo engine plonked in a forgiving, lightweight chassis, this ought to be a capable mile muncher. My wishlist for the bike would be
  • Absolutely the best QC. No niggles whatsoever.
  • Lightweight yet robust to take the punishment of trails / off road.
  • A reasonably large fuel tank.
  • Tubeless, spoked tyres .
  • Custom designed touring luggage from Yezdi at competitive prices.
  • 12V charging socket.

These are easily achievable with the right engineering inputs at the design stage. I hope Mahindra has thought of these and makes them available at a reasonable price. From the looks of it, the bike has the potential to be a capable, reliable and fuss free Adventure Tourer - a segment that's showing definite growth.

Cheers !

Last edited by Aditya : 1st December 2021 at 16:20. Reason: Quoted text trimmed
Ironhide is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 1st December 2021, 09:15   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Doesnt the box foul the path of the exhaust gas here:

I think the angle of bend of the exhaust could have been more rounded.
condor is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 1st December 2021, 09:23   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Doesnt the box foul the path of the exhaust gas here
I think the angle of bend of the exhaust could have been more rounded.
Hopefully the production version circumvent these minor glitches. My only concern is, 300cc Adv is underpowered for seasoned riders especially on highways. Add to the panniers + jerry can, phew!!

Last edited by aargee : 1st December 2021 at 09:25.
aargee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st December 2021, 10:15   #35
HTC
BANNED

Looks good though. We haven't heard any horror stories from Mojo owners so far. Hope that continues with Yezdi aswell.

Instead of painting black, they could have given the aluminum finish to engine casing like the old Yezdi Roadking. Would have looked swell. Now it looks too much black, may be 85% of bike is black.

Interested to see how they handle the legacy of Yezdi now. Wishing them good luck.
HTC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2021, 18:55   #36
BHPian

To my eyes Roadking does not look like an outright copy of Himalayan, they have borrowed some style cues from XPulse also at the front

On a serious note though I feel they rushed the design, if you look at the area around engine box it is sufficiently different from Enfield's however the panels clearly look copied from other bikes on sale. They could have tried to make it look more original, I personally feel unlike Jawa the Yezdi design does not resemble original Yezdi's. Classic legends did a better job with JAwa brand at least in the design department.
darkLightning is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2021, 19:13   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhide View Post
The bike looks like the Himalayan and that's not necessarily a bad thing. Except for the QC issues, ponderous weight and general lack of power Himalayan overall was a comfortable design. Why reinvent the wheel if using a proven design works just fine? With the proven Mojo engine plonked in a forgiving, lightweight chassis, this ought to be a capable mile muncher. My wishlist for the bike would be
  • Absolutely the best QC. No niggles whatsoever.
  • Lightweight yet robust to take the punishment of trails / off road.
Would have been nice to see a different design apart from the ageing Himalayan that has had almost the same look since the time it was launched, nothing wrong with it but a design overhaul surely would have helped differentiate themselves and get more sales.

Also, looking at the past history of jawa and Mahindra( in the two wheeler segment), it seems a little far-fetched to expect less niggles from a new (read: jawa's sub brand) company, and given the previous suspensions of jawa bikes haven't exactly been good, I don't expect their sub brand to do any better in that regard.

The Himalayan has no reason to worry imo.
Old 1st December 2021, 21:05   #38
BHPian

Nothing explains better than this picture. I hope M&M is inspired from Marvel movies.

Retro-scrambler motorcycle with dual exhaust spotted | Seems to be a new Yezdi-irnman.jpg

Mahindra 2W is being like the Kit-up version with a different core (engine) in Iron Man 2.
saikarthik is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2021, 22:56   #39
BHPian

By the look of it this seems so much better build quality than of my Himalayan.

Yes does resembles a lot like Himalayan and xpulse, that what many dual sport supposed to looks like.
Scrambler is looking sweet. No one so far has gone that path. Yes there was a off road version (cosmetic) of classic 350, but otherwise that has been open for invitations. Good call by Mahindra.
abtyagi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2021, 14:08   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhide View Post
The bike looks like the Himalayan and that's not necessarily a bad thing. Except for the QC issues, ponderous weight and general lack of power Himalayan overall was a comfortable design. Why reinvent the wheel if using a proven design works just fine? !
Once you copy an Intellectual property, you lose a bit of reputation. Hence if you are going to steal an idea, at least steal the best one. Should make the exchange worthwhile.

This Yezdi adventure is going to compete with Himalayan, If I were designing, I would go for something that looks like a Tiger/Vstorm/ Versys.

A lot of buyers would line up for that. Imagine copying from direct competition. What does that say about Yezdi ?

- Slick
Slick is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2021, 13:28   #41
Senior - BHPian

I really like this look. Minus the cans and pizza boxes of course ... totally bare bones.

Weight, power, and reliability is where they should kill the Himalayan.

And if the bikes don't break in two, that's an added life bonus.

Will stay tuned to this launch.

Cheers, Doc
ebonho is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2021, 12:22   #42
Senior - BHPian

Yezdi Forever took to Twitter to tease new Motorcycle. Adventure or Scrambler?

Retro-scrambler motorcycle with dual exhaust spotted | Seems to be a new Yezdi-smartselect_20211222123046_twitter.jpg

Name:  SmartSelect_20211222123250_Twitter.gif
Views: 443
Size:  4.14 MB

Link

Last edited by Venkatesh : 22nd December 2021 at 12:34.
Old 22nd December 2021, 12:28   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Yezdi Forever took to Twitter to tease new Motorcycle. Adventure or Scrambler?

Attachment 2248355

Link
No beak, so scrambler.

Coming back to the Adventure, if the chassis and suspension is sorted, if it weighs a reasonable number, then the reported 30+ bhp motor at a sensible price will totally rock.

Latest update on my friend and the TRK. He's shelved that for now and gone and booked a new Volvo for the time being, and will take a final call only after the Yezdi Adventure is launched now. @drt_rdr

Cheers, Doc
ebonho is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 24th December 2021, 18:08   #44
Senior - BHPian

Classic Legends has set a date for the revival of the iconic Yezdi brand.

Retro-scrambler motorcycle with dual exhaust spotted | Seems to be a new Yezdi-20211224_180740.jpg

Link
Venkatesh is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th December 2021, 00:24   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick View Post
Once you copy an Intellectual property, you lose a bit of reputation. Hence if you are going to steal an idea, at least steal the best one. Should make the exchange worthwhile.

This Yezdi adventure is going to compete with Himalayan, If I were designing, I would go for something that looks like a Tiger/Vstorm/ Versys.

A lot of buyers would line up for that. Imagine copying from direct competition. What does that say about Yezdi ?

- Slick
I personally think the modern styling of the current ADV bike wouldn't work with the "Yezdi" brand.

Yezdi and by extension Classic Legends is cursed by the cruel witch know as Retro Design, I don't think the market would react well to a legendary name such as Yezdi coming back with a modern wannabe japanese/european look.

Would a Euro/JPN looking ADV give a good fight to the Himalayan and provide a middle ground between the Alien/Insect look of the 250 ADV and Retro Himalayan? - Yes (This bike already exists in the form of the G310GS).

Would it be well received under the brand "Yezdi"? - I don't think so.

In fact I think the Yezdi ADV has the Himalayan stuck in a dilemma, with the Yezdi ADV having the 30hp Perak engine it can give you BMW G310GS/KTM 250 ADV power with the retro looks of the Himalayan.

Last edited by GreasyCarb55 : 26th December 2021 at 00:28. Reason: Forgot to add a couple of points.
GreasyCarb55 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks