Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2021, 13:01   #61
BHPian

Re: Reyah, The Lady of Bavaria | BMW G 310 GS BS6 Ownership Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhankar View Post
Thanks for your inputs guys. Helped me make my decision.
Congratulations on getting her home Shubhankar.
Wishing you tons of happy miles with her. Do share your ride experience with community !!

Quote:

Important Update for current owners:

On another note, for couple of weeks I was noticing that the DRLs used to flicker a bit during the first start of day. Slowly and steadily, this started happening whenever I fired up Reyah. I thought that I would get it checked up during 1st service in Jan. However, I got a call from Tusker BMW for a battery recall and I booked my appointment.

The process took approximately 40 mins and was handled quite professionally. They replaced the battery and also updated software to accommodate the voltage / current flow to battery for prolonged life.

Would suggest current owners to call Tusker and cross check if their bike is covered under this recall programme.
With that, went for a quick ride the very next day. Noticed that the flicker during cold start has gone away and things are back to normal on that front. Though, I noticed another anomaly. The bike tends to produce a pronounced sound (like 2 metal couplers vibrating at a particular frequency) at around 6k rpm. Checked all the nuts and bolts of guards and things are fine there. Not sure what's causing this. Will ride a bit more and try to decipher this issue (if at all it's there).

Couple of pics from quick ride.

Reyah, The Lady of Bavaria | BMW G 310 GS BS6 Ownership Review-img_20211204_063249.jpg

Reyah, The Lady of Bavaria | BMW G 310 GS BS6 Ownership Review-img_20211204_064256.jpg
Reyah along with whole of Bangalore was quite happy to get the glimpse of sun .
nitinkbhaskar is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 7th March 2022, 11:01   #62
BHPian

First service update

Well my running reduced due to myriad of reasons and first service of Reyah was scheduled at ODO reading 6700 (instead of 10k).

Total cost - ~5k

Reyah, The Lady of Bavaria | BMW G 310 GS BS6 Ownership Review-parts.jpg

Parts cost

Reyah, The Lady of Bavaria | BMW G 310 GS BS6 Ownership Review-labour.jpg

Labor cost

Service Experience - While submitting for service, I reported a minute screeching sound from the front end of bike to the SA. He jotted it down in the job sheet. However, post handover I noted the sound during the test drive. Reported it to him and he said that you are not accelerating properly (among other things like a bit of noise here and there is expected etc.). I had a debate with him and then just left dejected. It seems like listening to customers and responding patiently is just not a skill present in abundance at Tusker.

Anyways, got it fixed by a local mechanic wherein he tightened all the nuts and bolts of crash guards. Cost - 100 rupees.\

Post service, the gear slots much better and bike feels more responsive. All good on that front.

Completed a ride this Sunday with a good mix of highway & trail ride. Needless to say, Reyah performed beautifully on and off the road. Feels great to be back on saddle.

Reyah, The Lady of Bavaria | BMW G 310 GS BS6 Ownership Review-hill-view.jpg

On the hill top somewhere in Magadi

Reyah, The Lady of Bavaria | BMW G 310 GS BS6 Ownership Review-tyre.jpg

The tires don't lie . Centre tell highway story and mud on sidewalls talk about the dirt trails.

Sharing a relive video by a fellow rider:

nitinkbhaskar is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th March 2022, 14:03   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinkbhaskar View Post
First service update

Well my running reduced due to myriad of reasons and first service of Reyah was scheduled at ODO reading 6700 (instead of 10k).

Total cost - ~5k
Wow, I honestly expected a lot more on the odo given your frequent updates on the thread.

Same parts as in the RR310, yet the TVS service costs a little over Rs.1000 and the BMW service costs Rs.5000, why not source the products and do the service at an FNG?
FURY_44 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th March 2022, 19:07   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FURY_44 View Post
Wow, I honestly expected a lot more on the odo given your frequent updates on the thread.

Same parts as in the RR310, yet the TVS service costs a little over Rs.1000 and the BMW service costs Rs.5000, why not source the products and do the service at an FNG?
Even I expected that I would be clocking more miles, but then missus gifted me a gaming console. And I was just reliving my gaming days

But now the gaming excitement has toned down. Back to riding !!

On the service cost, well visiting service center is more of a compulsion to keep my warranty intact. As soon as I am out of 3rd year ownership, visiting Tusker would not be required.
nitinkbhaskar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th March 2022, 10:49   #65
BHPian

Thursday morning line up
Reyah, The Lady of Bavaria | BMW G 310 GS BS6 Ownership Review-img_20220310_104600.jpg

Catching the rising sun
Reyah, The Lady of Bavaria | BMW G 310 GS BS6 Ownership Review-img_20220310_104523.jpg

Completed a short 70 km trail ride to help sail through week.
nitinkbhaskar is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 12th March 2022, 11:23   #66
BHPian

Reyah, The Lady of Bavaria | BMW G 310 GS BS6 Ownership Review-img_20220312_111927.jpg

Well its not always trails which offer fun. Highways and rising sun have different vibe all together.
nitinkbhaskar is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th April 2022, 16:53   #67
BHPian

Another weekend went by exploring the beautiful trails.
Reyah is chugging along perfectly and I am all smiles.

Reyah, The Lady of Bavaria | BMW G 310 GS BS6 Ownership Review-img_20220411_165124.jpg
nitinkbhaskar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th April 2022, 16:06   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Another weekend went by exploring the beautiful trails.
Read all your posts in this thread and must say, an amazing one! I am contemplating replacing my Thunderbird 350x BS4 with an ADV and have this beauty in my shortlist. The Thunderbird 350x is doing well but I certainly need a plusher suspension along with effortless cruising in the highways. My main use case will be weekend rides (80-120 kms) and occasional long rides (once in 2-3 months). Not specifically looking at it for trails, but the long rides could have some off-roads/no-roads. I am yet to take a test ride but was wondering if the seat height of 835mm would be too much for me at 5'7".

The only other shortlist is the Himalayan which I absolutely love riding, but not really a fan of dismantling wheels during a ride in case of a puncture. The Scram 411 also has the same issue along with the unappealing looks and both of these fade out in the top end. Don't like the looks of Xpulse/390A.

Would be glad to have your inputs.
Old 18th April 2022, 16:18   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetarin View Post
Make sure you go test ride the new Vstrom 250.
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2022, 18:48   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Make sure you go test ride the new Vstrom 250.
I'm not very sure about this because the suspension travel is just 120 mm as mentioned in the brochure by Suzuki.
Old 19th April 2022, 09:59   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Glad that you find the thread useful.
Regarding seat height - I feel it will be a bit of a challenge in stop & go traffic or technical terrains. On highway you will be able to enjoy the plush suspension and decent power. I would suggest to take an extended test ride.

Also, if you love Himalayan, get that. It will be more manageable. Also, chances of puncture will be far less on well paved roads so you shouldn't worry much. Had I been in your shoes, would have picked H.

Quote:
I'm not very sure about this because the suspension travel is just 120 mm as mentioned in the brochure by Suzuki.
Please don't go by brochure words. Go ahead and test ride every potential candidate.
nitinkbhaskar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2022, 13:41   #72
BHPian

Finally back in bangalore just before monsoons.
Have stacked up viaterra rain jacket and pants for upcoming slush fun. Also hooked up dirtsack max 20 (to stash the rain gears and recently procured portable tyre inflator).

Did a quick test ride with the setup last weekend wherein I explored the trails near Nandi Hills. Seems like we are all set up

Just 1 niggle I have experienced - the gear indicator seems to be malfunctioning. It shows the gear sometimes and other times it's just blank. I am guessing it's a loose wire of gear sensor. Will try to sort it out soon and report back.

Reyah, The Lady of Bavaria | BMW G 310 GS BS6 Ownership Review-img_20220626_133559.jpg

Somewhere near Nandi Hills. The mud path on right bottom corner was the entry point.
nitinkbhaskar is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 26th August 2022, 12:44   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Have stacked up viaterra rain jacket and pants for upcoming slush fun. Also hooked up dirtsack max 20 (to stash the rain gears and recently procured portable tyre inflator).

Did a quick test ride with the setup last weekend wherein I explored the trails near Nandi Hills. Seems like we are all set up

Just 1 niggle I have experienced - the gear indicator seems to be malfunctioning. It shows the gear sometimes and other times it's just blank. I am guessing it's a loose wire of gear sensor. Will try to sort it out soon and report back.

Attachment 2325164

Somewhere near Nandi Hills. The mud path on right bottom corner was the entry point.

Have a wonderful adventure with the baby GS. Congratulations on the bike and for the nice writeup.
Old 9th October 2022, 19:50   #74

Quote:

Attachment 2325164

Wow, quite a read 🔥 . Beautiful piece of engineering the GS310. I own a 2018 GS310, have clocked more than 15k km on it and haven't faced anything except for the faulty alternator when it was new. Gods listened to our prayers and BMW opened JSP, new owners would never know the kind of tormenting we'd face from Tusker previously for service. Anyways, we should catch up for a weekend ride.
Here's my boi in all his glory 🫡
Attached Thumbnails
Reyah, The Lady of Bavaria | BMW G 310 GS BS6 Ownership Review-pxl_20221005_131841847.motion01.cover.jpg  

curiousbolt is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th October 2022, 16:20   #75
BHPian

Great post! I too am looking for a replacement for my 2015 RC390 sometime next year. And I am looking at the adventure segment as my next. Would gladly be willing to wait some more if there are any signs you guys are aware of, if BMW is planning a facelift or completely new update to the GS310 as it has been 4 years since the initial launch and 2 since the current facelift as I'm not a big fan of the instrument cluster and the headlight section of the outgoing model.

I dont see any news flying regarding an update to the BMW GS 310 anywhere anytime soon, so dont have my hopes up.

Would love to hear from you guys about the next gen GS 310 and/or if you know anyone who has tried to have their baby GS headlight and instrument clusters customized? How easy/difficult it is or how practical it is? Lastly, if you would suggest it in the first place?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks