Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2022, 23:30   #16
BHPian

Re: The Suzuki Access 125 thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagr22 View Post
is really kaput or am I being taken for a ride? If it is indeed gone, isn't it too early? Could some other issue in the air intake path cause the filter to go bad soon?
Looks like they have been taking you for a ride all this while. Unless the filter is really clogged (can make out from the dark colour) or has its structure damaged (thread strands coming out), all that is needed is dusting and vacuuming and you are good to go.
ToThePoint is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th April 2022, 08:39   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagr22 View Post
- I guess its due to it being always on whenever the scooter is started (mine is 2017 BS4 model).

- After some research online I learnt that the bulb is H4 type and the recommended wattage is 20W. Is this correct?
- Ditto on the model, could be due to that but it's still premature for a headlamp to fail. My tailamp bulb has gone twice but not the headlamp.

- Just read your manual, it says HS1 35/35W not H4.
For more info on the difference and also some suggestions for good HS1 bulbs for two wheelers check this (Credits to Providers) : idswater : H4 vs HS1

On a side note I have found the Access's headlamp beam to be the best of all the halogen bulb scooters I have ridden and the current setup more than suffices my needs.

Also note that the electricals are built to handle the rated loads without much room for upgrades so before changing over to other units make sure that your load is still the same as earlier.
Read our dedicated thread for more details.

Last edited by shancz : 30th April 2022 at 08:42. Reason: corr
shancz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2022, 20:20   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys,
A generic question - we have been Activa users for nearly two decades but never really got to trying an Access (except maybe via rentals). Just noticed the monthly/annual sales - Activa trounces Access numbers by 5 to 1. Any reasons why?
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2022, 11:12   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Guys,
A generic question - we have been Activa users for nearly two decades but never really got to trying an Access (except maybe via rentals). Just noticed the monthly/annual sales - Activa trounces Access numbers by 5 to 1. Any reasons why?
IMHO, there are three reasons,

1. For many Scooter means Activa and Activa means scooter.
2. Suzuki is way behind Honda when it comes dealer and ASS network, simple.
3. The Service and general maintenance of Access is a bit on the higher side, the front disk pads IIRC cost 750 rupees, and general service costs me anywhere between 1500-2500 with no major work. 100-150 CC segment is cost conscious.
tchsvy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th July 2022, 21:29   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys,
Activa trounces Access numbers by 5 to 1. Any reasons why?
1. The Activawas the first to be launched(May, 1999) and the only one for quite some time before the Access125showed up(September 2007) a good 8 years later.
Hence the scooter means Activa reality as rightly pointed out by tchsvy.

2. Honda's good reputation of quality, reliability and fuss free maintenance in general(Hero Honda, Honda Gensets, Honda cars) and in particular for gearless scooters with electric starter from the days of Kinetic Honda(1984-98).
I was also surprised how many of us immediately recalled Kinetic Honda the moment Activa was launched.

3. The Activa's design was mature and didn't really fit into the definition of a "scooty" but more of a scooter.
When we first got the first gen Activa the first response was from a shopkeeper who said (translating from Hindi), "This looks full and complete, like a scooter, not a scooty. Good purchase, I might get one too."
The Access when first launched wasn't that appealing with rounded and bulbous design, but Suzukis typically follow the same trend. The next generation was much better.

4. The Activa was a well thought out product for its customers. The first gen even had sockets on the rear backrest/grabrail to mount a spare wheel.

5. The dealer and service network of Honda easily beats Suzuki and like already mentioned by tchsvy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchsvy View Post
3. The Service and general maintenance of Access is a bit on the higher side, the front disk pads IIRC cost 750 rupees, and general service costs me anywhere between 1500-2500 with no major work. 100-150 CC segment is cost conscious.
My experience differs(when I was following their schedule). A typical service would cost me about 700 with 280 for oil, 300-350 for service and rest would be taxes. Approximate figures of course.
I will go for a service soon and can check the costs then.
Certain spares could be expensive but I have the drum brake version and till date I haven't found anything out of the ordinary.

PS : If you're spending 2k/service then most likely your dealer is taking you for a ride. Check your itemized bill and share if you aren't sure.

Last edited by shancz : 29th July 2022 at 21:33. Reason: formatting
Old 23rd September 2022, 16:46   #21
Senior - BHPian

I am in the market for a 125 cc scooter to run errands and take my kid to classes. Looking for comfort, reliability and fuss free long term ownership. Shortlisted Activa and Access and inclined to go for Access as I liked the well proportioned design and Bluetooth connectivity. I enquired with various dealers and am told about 45-60 days waiting period. Is this true? Has anyone able to get the scooter early and which dealer in Bangalore?
Old 5th October 2022, 11:09   #22
BHPian

I own a 2.5 year old Access 125. When I tried to ride it this morning I found that the rear wheel is completely locked. It doesn't rotate at all no matter how much throttle you give. Any suggestions as to what might've gone wrong? The scooter was working fine till last night even.
Old 5th October 2022, 16:19   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
Is this true?
No idea on this but should be true, Avenis has greatly increased their sales so could be a temporary logistical issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulcmoulee View Post
Any suggestions as to what might've gone wrong?
1. Is the wheel rotating manually ? Jammed would mean its completely frozen regardless of engine or manual power used to rotate it.
If this is the case then it could happen if water entered the drum and evaporated causing the fine debris/dust to solidify and jam it. Hammering on the drum (make sure you don't damage it) and rotating the wheel to free it could work else call a mechanic from the nearest FNG/ASC.
This usually happens after wading through deep enough water or washing when the vehicle is parked immediately post that. Although I have never faced it on scooters but on cars due to the parking brake aggravating the situation.

2. Is the rear brake lever moving normally or is stiff/jammed ?
Try to unscrew the brake tightening nut to the completely free position and try to rotate the wheel. This would disable your rear brake as well so take it to a FNG/ASC and get your brakes cleaned and checked.
Although least likely a brake cylinder failure could also cause this but not expected on a 2.5 year old scooter.

3. If your wheel rotates freely manually but doesn't rotate when the throttle is opened then take it to the ASC. Most likely a broken belt or something internal.

Last edited by shancz : 5th October 2022 at 16:26. Reason: added cyl
Old 5th October 2022, 16:43   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shancz View Post

1. Is the wheel rotating manually ?
Nope it is completely frozen stuck irrespective of whether it is manual or on power.

Quote:
2. Is the rear brake lever moving normally or is stiff/jammed ?
Brake lever is working fine.

Have organized for the vehicle to be towed to the ASC tomorrow. Will update on what the issue is.
rahulcmoulee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2022, 18:40   #25
BANNED

The India made, Suzuki Access 125 becomes a global model with a different name - 'Address 125'

It has been launched in Europe at the Intermot show, along with Avenis and Burgman Street.

Article link
https://www.rideapart.com/news/61432...rgman-125/amp/

Last edited by tarmacnaut : 6th October 2022 at 18:53.
tarmacnaut is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2022, 18:53   #26
BHPian

Quote:
I enquired with various dealers and am told about 45-60 days waiting period. Is this true?
This is a story all dealers tell in Bangalore. I was told 8 weeks waiting for the matt dark blue version. I was in no hurry. I paid the advance in the beginning of march. The scooter was handed over on 16th march. This was with Honnasiri in Yelahanka. I heard similar time line with Meghvath suzuki. Megavath sales person would not even call back or give clear answers.

You should get your deliver in 2-4 weeks depending on the colour you choose.
Mafia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2022, 20:11   #27
BANNED

Quote:
Guys,
Just noticed the monthly/annual sales - Activa trounces Access numbers by 5 to 1. Any reasons why?
Access is the highest selling 125cc scooter in the market.

Honda clubs all variants of Activa (110, 125 cc) when reporting sales. It is actually the 110cc Activas that sell well. That's why you are seeing such huge numbers. Activa 125 is no where close to Access 125 in terms of sales.
tarmacnaut is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th February 2023, 09:30   #28
Senior - BHPian

Finally got my greenish blue Access125 drum brake model last week. It was in ready stock and took delivery within 2 days, however the number plate took 4-5 days to arrive at the dealership. Went for the no frills drum brake model as my usage is very minimal and was not interested in fancy features. Gave some thought to drum. vs disc brakes and read up that for this size wheels, disc brake may be an overkill and long term upkeep could be a bit challenging in terms of wear and tear, disc warping etc. The combi braking technology works really well so quite satisfied with my decision.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 5th February 2023 at 09:36.
Aviator_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2023, 09:38   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Finally got my greenish blue Access125 drum brake model last week.
Congratulations, love that shade
Personally I would prefer discs but the drums haven't let me down till date.

Do update us on the FE of the BS6 post your 1st/2nd service and when feasible.

Enjoy your Access
shancz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2023, 09:46   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations, love that shade
Personally I would prefer discs but the drums haven't let me down till date.

Do update us on the FE of the BS6 post your 1st/2nd service and when feasible.

Enjoy your Access
Yeah, the blue color looks fab. I am not a fan of Matt finish so Silver and Black were ruled out. White is too common and family vetoed it out. So this was the only option

Will share update on service and FE. Although I am not the one to keep track of FE given my low usage of 200-250 km per month.
Aviator_guy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks