Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2021, 13:17   #16
BHPian

Re: Retro-Modern Zippy | My New Suzuki Access 125 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by jithin23 View Post
Can't agree more on the prices. A Bajaj Pulsar 220 is 1.7L on road Bangalore and 200NS is 1.8L on road Bangalore. 2 wheelers are slowly getting out of reach for common folk and still people are silent about this silent killer- price hike
This. Not long ago we could get a Dominar 400 at that kind of money. Even the quintessential Indian bike, the splendor is now 65,000 rupees on-road. 3 years back it used to cost 45,000 or something. But still, the demand of two wheelers is an all time high in our country.

Quote:
Similarly with cars. In 2014 XUV500 W6 was costing 13L on road Bangalore and the same car and the same variant(known as W7 now) costs nearly 18L on road today. You'll be shocked the way prices for Swift have increased. 10L on road today for Zxi+
At 13 lakhs you now get underequipped variants of compact SUVs like Seltos and Creta. And Swift for 10 lakh rupees? Suzuki is just fleecing the higher variant buyers. I wouldn't buy it in my wildest dreams! Would rather get a Polo TSI or the Ecosport diesel base variant.

Quote:
Oh yeah, Family traits need to be passed on and Suzuki is a master at that!
Yes, Lol. But unlike their shabbily built cars, the Suzuki two wheelers rock in the build quality department.

Last edited by DriverNo.420 : 25th May 2021 at 13:23. Reason: Added some points.
DriverNo.420 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2021, 17:39   #17
BHPian

Congratulations on your Access! I have an older generation (2015) Access and can vouch for the pickup and spacious seat and under seat storage of the scooter. What was lacking in that generation was that the brakes where not very inspiring. I believe it has become better in the current generation. Also in my generation the luggage hook at the front was at a very low height which did not work out well for many packages. I believe that has also become better in the current generation.
catchjyoti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2021, 21:41   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverNo.420 View Post
Would rather get a Polo TSI or the Ecosport diesel base variant.

Yes, Lol. But unlike their shabbily built cars, the Suzuki two wheelers rock in the build quality department.
I got my EcoSport Titanium diesel for 11.7L in 2018. In other states, the same variant hovers between 11-12L even today.
At least the overall quality on Suzuki bikes is a saving grace!

Quote:
Originally Posted by catchjyoti View Post
Congratulations on your Access! I have an older generation (2015) Access and can vouch for the pickup and spacious seat and under seat storage of the scooter. What was lacking in that generation was that the brakes where not very inspiring. I believe it has become better in the current generation. Also in my generation the luggage hook at the front was at a very low height which did not work out well for many packages. I believe that has also become better in the current generation.
Thanks! Now Suzuki has addressed the hook height one is kept high and the other one is low so that both types of users are happy. I liked the bottle holder part as I find it very useful. Brakes with front disc are pretty sharp. No question on the pickup. It zips through traffic in a flash.
jithin23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2021, 14:15   #19
BHPian

1800 km update:

Usually most of my vehicles cross kms faster and get services more often but with Zippy, it's been the opposite. Due to more no.of months/days, I had to give it for servicing.

Run in period for zippy has been completed and name I've kept for this machine is apt because it just zips past traffic like a knife slicing hot butter!

The upside is that I've been getting a constant FE of 44+ despite riding enthusiastically and the service cost is 300 Rs for free service and 650 for paid service. Quite reasonable for a scooter given that my previous activate used to cost 2k minimum for a service.
jithin23 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th August 2022, 22:08   #20
BHPian

Quote:
1800 km update:
Hi Jithin,

My wife is looking to buy a scooter as well and the current shortlist is Activa 125 Disc and Suzuki Access 125 SE. She used to drive an Activa till about 12 years back when she moved completely away from scooters and now wants to invest in one. Currently Access is making more sense than Activa, a bit cheaper, better features, a bit lighter and most importantly available much quicker than the Activa.
However being used to an Activa, she's getting drawn to it again since you can't go wrong with an Activa.
The only stumbling block currently is the couple of reviews she read about service issues and maintenance cost of the Access and that's where I would appreciate some inputs from you especially since you have spent more than a year with it and have the exact same spec that we have shortlisted.
Would really appreciate if you could throw some light on if you have faced any major issues during this time, issues faced with the ASS, service costs and time issues.

Thanks a lot for your inputs in advance,

Cheers,
Mayank

Last edited by zadoom : 7th August 2022 at 22:09. Reason: Light not lights
zadoom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2022, 02:26   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

A small glitch though, despite the dealer handling the RTO procedures, I had to personally go to the RTO office twice to get my vehicle number as the dealer does not handle KA-03 Registration often. Needed to follow up with the dealer as well as to why I didn't receive an SMS of the number. I got the road tax receipt the next day after delivery.

Congratulations on your new scooter

I have got all my vehicles registered (and also got my DL renewal) at KA03. I somehow have a liking to this RTO and found it easy to deal with. I am on the lookout of a new scooter and want to register at same RTO. However, similar to your experience, all dealers (Suzuki, Honda, TVS) I spoke to mentioned that they don't do KA03 registration. One of them mentioned that if I insist then I might have to personally follow up with RTO if any paperwork or RC delivery is stuck.

Never had any such issues in the past with my cars registration/RC transfer, DL processing etc. so wondering if there is any issue at this RTO for 2w registration that no dealer wants to deal with it.

Can someone share any insights about what's going on with the RTO? Or is it just the dealer preference (although I was surprised to hear same feedback from all the dealers I spoke to, hence I'm intrigued).

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 9th October 2022 at 02:29.
Aviator_guy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2022, 02:32   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zadoom View Post
Hi Jithin,

My wife is looking to buy a scooter as well and the current shortlist is Activa 125 Disc and Suzuki Access 125 SE. She
Would really appreciate if you could throw some light on if you have faced any major issues during this time, issues faced with the ASS, service costs and time issues.

Thanks a lot for your inputs in advance,

Cheers,
Mayank
Hey Mayank,

We've had 2 Activas earlier and I can say that access is way more affordable in terms of service cost( about 1000-1500) per service. So far the feedback and follow ups from Suzuki have been very good and they do give reminders as well for services due and a feedback call post every service. You can go for the access 125 without a doubt.

Apologies for the late reply as I hardly am active in Team bhp these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
Congratulations on your new scooter

I have got all my vehicles registered (and also got my DL renewal) at KA03. I somehow have a liking to this RTO and found it easy to deal with. I am on the lookout of a new scooter and want to register at same RTO. However, similar to your experience, all dealers (Suzuki, Honda, TVS) I spoke to mentioned that they don't do KA03 registration. One of them mentioned that if I insist then I might have to personally follow up with RTO if any paperwork or RC delivery is stuck.

Never had any such issues in the past with my car and DL processing so wondering if there is any issue at this RTO for 2w registration that no dealer wants to deal with it.

Can someone share any insights about what's going on with the RTO? Or is it just the dealer preference (although I was surprised to hear same feedback from all the dealers I spoke to). Why won't they prefer this RTO?
Almost all dealers frown upon getting KA03 as the main reason for dealers to stick with other RTOs are their commission cut which KA03 hardly gives. It's one of the most transparent RTOs in town and yes, for the RC card, I had to follow up a couple of times to get the vehicle number and to get the RC card. Hope this answers your query.
jithin23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2022, 02:43   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Almost all dealers frown upon getting KA03 as the main reason for dealers to stick with other RTOs are their commission cut which KA03 hardly gives. It's one of the most transparent RTOs in town and yes, for the RC card, I had to follow up a couple of times to get the vehicle number and to get the RC card. Hope this answers your query.
Thanks for clarifying. I have done 4 car registration at this RTO in the past through various dealers and never got any push back or negative comments from them. Paperwork were super smooth and RC delivered promptly on all occasions. I believe commission for 4w would be much more than a 2w then why only 2w dealers are so reluctant

Based on your experience, looks like I should be ready to follow up with the RTO, should anything go wrong!
Old 3rd January 2023, 21:20   #24
BHPian

I am also finalizing between the Jupiter and Access 125 for my wife. Mainly for school runs and local grocery shopping.

Jupiter doesnt have the smoothness of access but the larger boot( to place helmets)and front fuel options are really attractive.

Also, how important is a disc brake for this kind of usage. The vehicle will run around 100kms every month.

Last edited by m8002? : 3rd January 2023 at 21:37.
m8002? is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2023, 13:20   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
I am also finalizing between the Jupiter and Access 125 for my wife. Mainly for school runs and local grocery shopping.

Jupiter doesnt have the smoothness of access but the larger boot( to place helmets)and front fuel options are really attractive.

Also, how important is a disc brake for this kind of usage. The vehicle will run around 100kms every month.
Disc brakes are overkill for this type of usage and scooter size (power). I went for drum brakes and no complaints whatsoever. Combi braking does its job well.

Between Jupiter and Access - you are right, access is more refined, build quality is much better and long lasting. Unless you need the bigger boot of Jupiter for keeping helmets or groceries, I'd say Access is better in long term.
Front fueling options sounds better on Jupiter but given low running, fuel filling won't be so frequent. Also long term reliability of this front filling set up along with the fuel tank placed below the footrest is unknown. Hence fueling options between the Access and Jupiter should not be such a deal breaker when refueling is only going to happen once or twice in a month.

I went with Access for the above reasons and pretty happy with my decision.
Aviator_guy is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks