Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2021, 23:11   #1
BHPian

Short Ride out of Bangalore, to a random place on the map

Most of my trips are planned spontaneously and I try to cover as many places possible on the map.

This time I wanted to try something different by just going to one place on the map and wanted to ride my trusty old bike out into the countryside or jungles as I have the itch to travel a LOT!

So, the plan was to ride within 100kms and to a place which isn't popular or over hyped. My ride is a Black 200NS.

I usually ride solo and as usual, started the ride around 3:30am on Tuesday and I had zeroed in on a place on the way near Sarjapura that let me ride to the Confluence of the AP-KA-TN border as its a sparsely travelled route and route is scenic but scary at night.

I was riding at a constant pace and the passing landscapes and the eerie night silence reminded me of the countless long haul rides I used to do earlier. This ride rekindled my courage by riding alone at night and losing my way in the middle of a jungle, off roading and finding my way back on the main road. Only gripe is that roads are narrow and not safe to travel at night.

The only vehicle on the road.
Short Ride out of Bangalore, to a random place on the map-img_20210803_045453.jpg

Short Ride out of Bangalore, to a random place on the map-img_20210803_060536.jpg

The route is simple but in bad shape. I went through Sarjapura-Bagalur-Berigai-Vepampalli. Once I crossed Vepampalli, I was welcomed with lush green hills surrounding and the tri border junction arrives but there isn't any board saying it's a confluence. Only the hills are proof but just a few kms after the tri junction border is a place called Mallappa Konda. Mallapakonda hills in AP near Kuppam and as the name suggests Mallappa means Lord Shiva and there's an artificaially built Shiva Linga which is visible when you come from the Vepampalli side.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/mmm4vQbjjgYrgzmp8
Short Ride out of Bangalore, to a random place on the map-img_20210803_061032.jpg

Good roads to ride on
Short Ride out of Bangalore, to a random place on the map-img_20210803_061038.jpg

The Sun was gracious to rise early(or I was lucky to see the sunrise :P) and the twisties were just the right length and the place was all to myself from 6:30 to 8 AM. After ages I could just sit and soak into the surrounding and enjoy the views. Though not very spectacular, it had a different vibe which was positive and the bonus was no crowd at all!

Short Ride out of Bangalore, to a random place on the map-img_20210803_061400.jpg

Find the border and the Shiva linga?? Phone cam doesn't help much for such a distance
Short Ride out of Bangalore, to a random place on the map-img_20210803_065253.jpg

Short Ride out of Bangalore, to a random place on the map-img_20210803_063615.jpg

I started my return journey but this time I wanted to try out a different route, so I came back via Gudupalli-KGF-Bangrpet-Kolar and this route is equally deserted from Mallapakonda-KGF and not recommended for night travel. I remember Gudupalli as the border railway station while going to Chennai by train and that day was the first time I saw that village live.

KGF too had a different or a lost kind of a vibe. I could sense it as I was riding through KGF and the gothic style buildings reminded me of the rich legacy of KGF.

From KGF to home it was the usual ride home but I had a lot of fun by revving my bike on the 2 lane roads and the sudden surge while overtaking felt like my bike isn't 7 years old but it felt like it was new. This ride was all about reconnecting with my bike and a quick refresh for myself from this constrained life of lockdowns. I thought I'll grab a biryani from the famed Anand Dum Biryani at Hoskote but the shop was closed by the time I could reach.

Trip Summary:
Total Distance: 250kms
Fuel Consumed: 7.4 litres
Mileage: 33km/l(not bad for a 1.1Lakh km run bike)
Only expense was fuel which costed 800.
It's better to carry our own food and water as you don't get anything for several kilometers except junction towns.

That's all I had for this short ride. I know it's not quite long like my previous travelogue. For people who want to get away from the the usual spots, this place is worth a visit once, but if followed in the circuit route I followed, it'd be a different experience.

This time it's more pics than writing

NS spam
Short Ride out of Bangalore, to a random place on the map-img_20210803_072556__01.jpg

Short Ride out of Bangalore, to a random place on the map-img_20210803_072525__01.jpg

Short Ride out of Bangalore, to a random place on the map-img_20210803_072514__01.jpg

Short Ride out of Bangalore, to a random place on the map-img_20210803_072950.jpg

Short Ride out of Bangalore, to a random place on the map-img_20210803_072634.jpg

Short Ride out of Bangalore, to a random place on the map-img_20210803_072340.jpg

Peaceful villages seen from a distance
Short Ride out of Bangalore, to a random place on the map-img_20210803_065810.jpg

Last edited by jithin23 : 5th August 2021 at 23:33. Reason: Attaching pic
jithin23 is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 6th August 2021, 05:12   #2
Team-BHP Support

re: Short Ride out of Bangalore, to a random place on the map

Thread moved out from the Assembly Line. Thanks for sharing!
Aditya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2021, 08:21   #3
BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)
Re: Short Ride out of Bangalore, to a random place on the map

I envy you so much to be able to ride solo and have extremely sparse traffic.

Makes me wonder if I can find something like this around Lucknow. Highly unlikely.

Quote:
Its a sparsely travelled route and route is scenic but scary at night.
Sometimes this is enough for me to just go outside and drive around.
vredesbyrd is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2021, 10:02   #4
BHPian

Wow!

At 100kms, it is a worthy substitute to Nandi Hills which has become a tourist magnet.

The lack of facilities is obviously due to lack of popularity.

Nice pics!
Mafia is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th August 2021, 10:06   #5
BHPian

I have been to this place and almost on the same route in the month of February. A very good getaway, very less people come to this place and it's absolutely magical to visit during foggy days. I was lucky that it rained the previous night and it was misty and foggy when we reached there.

Short Ride out of Bangalore, to a random place on the map-img_20210221_074419.jpg

Short Ride out of Bangalore, to a random place on the map-img_20210221_0853142.jpg

Short Ride out of Bangalore, to a random place on the map-img_20210221_080021.jpg

Short Ride out of Bangalore, to a random place on the map-img20210221wa0013.jpg

The roads are also well laid, but I am impressed that you did this alone. It was very secluded in some parts of the route.

Post on my ride with a couple of friends https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route...ml#post5006393 (Cool Drives within 150 km from Bangalore)

P.S - sorry for spamming with photos.

Last edited by saikarthik : 6th August 2021 at 10:20.
saikarthik is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 6th August 2021, 10:36   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Sweet quick ride, riding in night on those roads would have been some experience. They can be scary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saikarthik View Post
I have been to this place and almost on the same route in the month of February. A very good getaway, very less people come to this place and it's absolutely magical to visit during foggy days.
I rode to the place after seeing your photos, though it was not foggy, but still a great ride, will definitely visit again. Even when we went it was just me and my friend, but then again we went on a weekday.

Few photos from me too.

On the way, this long stretch seems to be the favorite to click photos.

Short Ride out of Bangalore, to a random place on the map-img_20210721_093716.jpg

After trekking up.

Short Ride out of Bangalore, to a random place on the map-img_20210721_091505.jpg

Such beautiful views.

Short Ride out of Bangalore, to a random place on the map-img_20210721_090553.jpg

The only way you know you are in a different state is by changing mobile networks.
AtheK is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 6th August 2021, 14:10   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vredesbyrd View Post
I envy you so much to be able to ride solo and have extremely sparse traffic.

Makes me wonder if I can find something like this around Lucknow. Highly unlikely.

Sometimes this is enough for me to just go outside and drive around.
Finding something like this in present day Bangalore is not easy. Especially when you have people discover even the shortcuts within the city.

I believe even Lucknow's surroundings have a lot of unexplored places.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafia View Post
Wow!

At 100kms, it is a worthy substitute to Nandi Hills which has become a tourist magnet.

The lack of facilities is obviously due to lack of popularity.

Nice pics!
Thanks!

Absolutely, from Nandi Hills to DD hills to as far as Horsely hills, everything has become very touristy and I have seen these places umpteen times.

It's good that not much amenities are available as the charm of the place will be gone and will just end up becoming another Nandi hills. Plus not many would prefer to drive on 2 Lane or MDR type of roads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saikarthik View Post
I have been to this place and almost on the same route in the month of February. A very good getaway, very less people come to this place and it's absolutely magical to visit during foggy days. I was lucky that it rained the previous night and it was misty and foggy when we reached there.

The roads are also well laid, but I am impressed that you did this alone. It was very secluded in some parts of the route.

P.S - sorry for spamming with photos.
My bad, I missed reading your older post. I'm surprised that it was foggy and that changes the complete atmosphere.

Night riding alone especially in this route is very scary. Plus I'm used to night rides as I've been riding or driving at night more so that I can cover more distance in less time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
Sweet quick ride, riding in night on those roads would have been some experience. They can be scary.

I rode to the place after seeing your photos, though it was not foggy, but still a great ride, will definitely visit again. Even when we went it was just me and my friend, but then again we went on a weekday.

Few photos from me too.

On the way, this long stretch seems to be the favorite to click photos.
Even I went on a weekday and it's quite a good spot for an early morning ride.

Exactly, that straight stretch is a photogenic stretch

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post

The only way you know you are in a different state is by changing mobile networks.
So true
jithin23 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th August 2021, 15:42   #8
BHPian

Hey, Thanks for posting this. I wasn't aware of this location. And so I made the ride this morning[08-08-2021]. Started a bit late. But zipped to this. Totally loved the corners all the way.

Short Ride out of Bangalore, to a random place on the map-img_3768.jpg

This particular stretch was just unbelievable. definitely worth bringing the family here.

Short Ride out of Bangalore, to a random place on the map-img_3807.jpg

These hairpin bends were a total joy.

Short Ride out of Bangalore, to a random place on the map-img_3793.jpg

I sat here for over an hour just to soak it in.
abtyagi is offline   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks