Old 24th September 2021, 09:22   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The best two-wheeler ads

TVS 50, carrying 1000kg load

Mr.Boss is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th September 2021, 12:11   #17
Senior - BHPian

I simply love the Bajaj ads. Yeh zameen ye aasmaan, hamara kal, hamara aaj! this one was pure gold. Then multiple ones after that.

Pulsar - Definitely male (this was a cult)
Wind - Wind Biking (the guy coming out of shower and riding this bike directly)
Caliber - Ooodi baba!

All these bring back great memories. The Kinetic Luna ad was also great. I also remember the Suzuki Shogun ad, that was a craze during my childhood. Suzuki Samurai - the no problem bike was the hilarious one of all!
Raghu M is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th September 2021, 16:21   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghu M View Post
All these bring back great memories. The Kinetic Luna ad was also great. I also remember the Suzuki Shogun ad, that was a craze during my childhood. Suzuki Samurai - the no problem bike was the hilarious one of all!
Oh the Shogun and Samurai ads...as a high school boy, that was what I wanted to have as soon as I entered college...

Even the Shaolin ad. The way they show 5 is how we used to count what we saw out of the classroom window

But if you ask me what I got in college... see below

Between "Hamara Bajaj" and "Definitely male", "Chal meri Luna" was probably the most famous two-wheeler tagline
hemanth.anand is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th September 2021, 17:13   #19
BHPian

Definitely agree with others about Bajaj making the best motorcycle advertisements. In 2016, they created quite a buzz with the 'V' advertising campaigns claiming the fuel tank was forged with metal from INS Vikrant.

And here is another new advertisement from Royal Enfield of the new-gen Classic 350 that enthralled me. It's quite soothing.

I have both vehicles
The best two-wheeler ads-20210909_111316.jpg
DriverNo.420 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th September 2021, 17:30   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Oh the Shogun and Samurai ads...as a high school boy, that was what I wanted to have as soon as I entered college...

Even the Shaolin ad. The way they show 5 is how we used to count what we saw out of the classroom window

Between "Hamara Bajaj" and "Definitely male", "Chal meri Luna" was probably the most famous two-wheeler tagline
Thank you sir. Feels great when I look at these ads. Though I was very young, I was fascinated by the sheer look of these machines.
Old 24th September 2021, 21:00   #21
BHPian

There's a bit of a story to my reply over here, please bear with me:

I am presently studying automobile engineering now, and all the credit goes to one ad. The Hero Honda Karizma R's TVC.

It was 2007. I was in first grade. My dad had bought our home PC new back then, with all the goodies. A fast internet connection, an LCD monitor (a brand new thing for a kid who was used to seeing CRT monitors in his school) and an amazing keyboard (it had all the shortcuts for word, excel and all).

My dad had a red Splendor+ back then. It was quite a rare color. And for some reason, my dad still can't understand how, but I loved that bike. Every inch of it.

My dad then introduced me to something called websites. It were these magical windows which showed you anything you had asked it for. Naturally, I had asked him to show me the Hero Honda Website. He did, and had asked him to show all the bikes.
The site used to run on flash components backk then, and it had this gorgeous way of allowing you to select the vehicle you wanted to see. All the vehicles were lined up and were running, and if you had selected one, it would come forward, asking you to click the link there, and it would redirect you to its main page.

Ask any kid from 2003-2008 what his favourite bike is, his reply would probably be Karizma. So was mine. Especially in the metallic cyan, red and chrome yellow ones (this was before the R version). So he showed me the main website of the Karizma R, and I WAS BLOWN AWAY. The way it was presented, I had never seen anything like it. The sections (colors section was named as SHADES OF ENVY) were very, very radical to see.

And then came the TVC. Hrithik Roshan. Chilling with his bike opposite to him. Have a look at what happens next here.

Also, as I had grown up with the Hero Honda Brand, their 25 year Dhak Dhak Go ad was something else. Hrithik Roshan jumping out of a helicopter, that too while astride on a Karizma R. That appealed to my 9 year old self more than anything else. Have a look at that too.

I'd like to leave a pic of my dad's erstwhile Splendor+, which gave me a solid life goal to end up at Hero Honda, no matter what.
Attached Thumbnails
The best two-wheeler ads-te3.jpg  

saitvsk23 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 26th September 2021, 09:06   #22
BHPian

Adding one more from Bajaj:

Last edited by TwerkyC0ffee : 26th September 2021 at 09:17.
TwerkyC0ffee is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th September 2021, 10:55   #23
BHPian

Bajaj Pulsar 'definitely male' commercials have aged like milk in today's world with more awareness about toxic masculinity...
TVS 50 moped commercial showing small business people hauling stuff is still relevant. You can see many small bakers carrying biscuits and buns deliver stuff to roadside tea shops regularly. A nicely done utility vehicle commercial.
Bajaj had a brand level commercial with all their motorcycles. That was good too.
sramanat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2021, 11:45   #24

When TVS tried to demonstrate Newton laws with the Apache 160.
Goku_YNWA is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th September 2021, 14:37   #25
BHPian

Classic and my all time favorite - Rajdoot ad featuring Dharmendra

techdarshan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th September 2021, 17:28   #26
BHPian

Maybe not the best ad, but as an ex-owner of a Honda CB Trigger, I found the ad very relatable

Another funny Bajaj Platina commercial

Last edited by govindremesh : 26th September 2021 at 17:35.
govindremesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2021, 19:46   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
This was once considered hilarious, but Suzuki Samurai lived to it's commercial in reality, it was a true no problem bike
https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=VaMF_Go3tqk
This was actually the second one in the series of "No problem" ads. In the first one, the same Japanese guy takes a lift from an Indian on a Samurai. He says many things in Japanese unrelated to motorcycles, while the Indian thinks he is asking about Samurai and replies "No problem" to everything he says. So this second ad is showing that now the Japanese has started saying "No problem" to everything. I am not able to find the first ad online.

Another memorable one was the Rajdoot ad with the song that went "Ye Rajdoot, hai ye shaan ki sawaari". I am not able to find this online either.
highway_star is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2021, 20:19   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by INJAXN View Post
Bajaj will be super happy seeing this thread. One of my favorite two wheeler advertisement is also of Bajaj Pulsar ( Pulsar Mania).

I had Pulsar 150 DTSI during my college days. After I finished college and moved to different city for job, my Dad rode it for few years, he also loved it.
Then eventually Dad moved to Activa and we sold the bike.

I had MP09-XX-2009 number plate in the year 2005, it was quite famous in the college .

https://Youtu.be/6rgLwYpFWm8
Hands down the best bgm in any Indian motorcycle ad. Especially at the end with perfect sync to the bike choreography
b16h22 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2021, 20:25   #29
BHPian

Best two wheeler ads for me:-

1 - Bajaj Avenger Feel like god! this advertisement is akin to the reclaim your life ad to me in terms of motorcycle ads.

2 - Bajaj Pulsar 220, today this bike may have merged in the ocean of other bikes, but 13 years ago there was no other Indian bike which came close to it. this Ad accentuated the feeling of pride.

3 - Bajaj Avenger - Brotherhood day with Royal Enfield, this ad gives me a different pleasure.

4 - Royal Enfield - Yeh bullet meri jaan, the modern iteration
ArTigor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2021, 20:57   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
The new series of Ather ads are beautifully made. from the concept to the background score to the the video, all convey the message clearly without even uttering a single word
Wow. Superb ads. I hadn't seen any of these. Brilliant conceptualisation and had me quite gripped.
These ad directors would really be paid well right?
dhanushmenon is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks