Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2022, 13:44   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: AMO Jaunty Plus electric scooter with 120 km range launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by sri_tesla View Post
You are comparing the...new vehicles because of higher fuel prices and upcoming new EV models.
I got your point on what's available cheaper in Alibaba & the same thing being sold here nearly triple the price & not being the original manufacturer instead for being an assembler.

My point was entire different - History repeating due to which all such things are bound to happen & even more to come.
Old 9th February 2022, 18:24   #47
Senior - BHPian

The Chinese Scooter Thread | Products from small & unknown brands

Name:  crayon.jpg
Views: 656
Size:  26.8 KB

Homegrown EV maker, Crayon Motors, has launched its latest Snow+ low-speed electric scooter in the Indian market at a price of ₹ 64,000, in four colours – Fiery Red, Sunshine Yellow, Classic Grey, and Super White. Promising a 2-year warranty, Crayon Motors says the Snow+ low-speed electric scooter offers comfort and a cost of running that is as low as 14 paise per km. Moreover, the company shall announce two new high-speed models with mileage from 70kmpc to 130kmpc, by the end of this month.

Name:  crayon1.jpg
Views: 657
Size:  22.5 KB

Name:  crayon2.jpg
Views: 646
Size:  24.7 KB

Read
nairrk is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 9th February 2022, 19:20   #48
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
re: The Chinese Scooter Thread | Products from small & unknown brands

I think we should have a sub forum just for these rebadged chinese two wheelers. Every other day a guy with import licence will surf alibaba and order a fully painted scooter kit.

Once it arrives in their so called manufacturing plant, all they do his install Indian made tires and put Make in India sticker.

Its high time government bans such imports.
aim120 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 10th February 2022, 09:08   #49
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: The Chinese Scooter Thread | Products from small & unknown brands

Quote:
Originally Posted by aim120 View Post
I think we should have a sub forum just for these rebadged chinese two wheelers. Every other day a guy with import licence will surf alibaba and order a fully painted scooter kit.
Seriously ! Thank you. Changed the title of the thread. Let's just discuss all the newbie-backed launches here, instead of having a fresh thread for every such launch.
GTO is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th February 2022, 09:34   #50
Senior - BHPian

Joy e-bike launches Wolf+, Nanu+, Del Go electric scooters in India

Name:  1013686wolf.jpg
Views: 597
Size:  36.8 KB

WardWizard Innovations and Mobility Ltd., an electric two-wheelers manufacturer under the Joy e-bike brand, has launched two new 'Made-in-India' high-speed scooters, Wolf+, Gen Next Nanu+, and Del Go (fleet management scooter). The scooters are priced at Rs 1.10 lakh, Rs 1.06 lakh and Rs 1.14 lakh, respectively.

Name:  joy.jpg
Views: 612
Size:  33.2 KB

The booking for all three scooters will commence across all the company’s dealerships from February 11, 2022. The three scooters earmark the entry of Joy e-bike into the high-speed electric scooter segment.

Name:  Del_Go.jpg
Views: 580
Size:  37.8 KB

Read
nairrk is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 8th August 2023, 16:19   #51
BHPian

I would like breathe life into this thread. Let us take a moment to retrospect and analyse about the current landscape of the two wheeler ev space. Sales is consolidating in the hands of basically 4 companies - OLA, TVS,Aether and Bajaj(chetak). Okinawa, hero electric and ampere by Greaves seem to be losing market share due to the government finnally stopping FAME subsidy to them and asking for the refund, since they basically defrauded the people by selling Chinese CKDs in India. Hero Vida is in it's nascent stage and has yet to bloom due to it's steep pricing.
Nikhildrao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st January 2024, 06:26   #52
BHPian

With the increasing number of electric two-wheelers in India, it makes me quite happy to note that our truly "Indian" companies manufacturing electric scooters from the ground up are the ones ruling the market (data from April 2023 to January 29, 2023) and the public have more or so understood that many others were Chinese rebadged imports. With OLA Electric (33%), TVS IQube (20%), Ather Energy (11%), and Bajaj Chetak (10%) commanding a significant 74% of the market, we can conclude that the future is bright, and our "own" indigenously built EVs will rule the market.
The Chinese Scooter Thread | Products from small & unknown brands-ev-sales-apr-29-jan-2024.jpg

Last edited by bijims : 31st January 2024 at 06:27.
bijims is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 31st January 2024, 10:49   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijims View Post
...commanding a significant 74% of the market...
Great chart! Fits in nicely with some observations, used to see a lot more 'unknown' branded EVs around earlier, seems to have come down. Ola's rise is a given. Ather doesn't seem to making much headway, pity, because I think it is the best product. Perhaps they need to wake up and see that the market wants a cheap, no-frills model.

Bajaj is surprising. For such a storied 2-wheeler brand, why is the eChetak not gaining more ground, like the TVS. I still hardly see any around, while I see a lot of Olas and Athers.
am1m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2024, 19:47   #54
BHPian

I am still surprised to see Okinawa, Ampere and "Others".

On the road, the vehicles used for delivery ( food and groceries ) are still the unbranded ones. The buyers there just look at the lowest upfront cost and dont care two hoots about safety or longevity. Just beat the hell out of it and replace after 2 years.
Old 31st January 2024, 23:22   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sri_tesla View Post
Just because China is flooded with EV scooters does not mean they are decades ahead of India or other countries in EV scooter technology. -
Most of the electric scooters sold in China are very low-power models and till recently most of these models are powered by Lead-acid batteries. Chinese govt has to force these companies to use Li-Ion batteries.
All these imported Chinese models will have very low power motors and lower performance, smaller batteries, and hub motors. None of these scooters are designed with EV in mind. -
Batteries will occupy under-seat storage.
Sri_Tesla, I'm unable to make much of your above statement. You are reading the data to suit your purpose.

As a matter of fact, China is ahead of every other country in battery and EV technology. Period! It's just that China has moved on from being the largest two-wheeler market to being squarely the largest four-wheeler market. They've deliberately exited the ICE mass-market two-wheeler segment. Their exports to African countries have taken a beating, thanks to Indian manufacturers delivering better quality products.
The reason behind the low-powered EV scooters is that the Chinese government forbids large-capacity two-wheelers within city limits. Now, we can argue about its merits and demerits, but that's the law of the land.

Furthermore, the reason behind the low-power vehicles is their wide acceptance by on-demand delivery workers. The vehicles are allowed to ply the city roads. Meituan, the Chinese equivalent of Dunzo (and its ilk,) has more than one million partners working for it. The number is roughly half the size of the Indian Railways workforce.

Scale matters!
On the Chinese government forcing these companies to use Li-Ion batteries: Why should they? Does any other government in the world dictate the terms to their local manufacturers?

In saying that, I believe it's safe to assume that most of their manufacturers have already moved on to Li-Ion. Not because the government dictates the terms but because business sense does.

A point of reference: CATL supplied 158GWh worth of batteries for use in light EVs between January and September 2023. To put it in context, the Indian national electric grid has an installed capacity of 416.0 GW as of 31 March 2023.

Your statement on low-power motors and lower performance is too broad. You may want to reconsider/reframe your statement.

As for batteries needing to be stored under the seat, they do need to be a part of the vehicle right?
Thank you!

Last edited by Raskolnikov.R : 31st January 2024 at 23:43. Reason: Clarity - I'm unable to use multi-quote option.
Raskolnikov.R is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks