Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2022, 19:43   #16
BHPian

Re: R.I.P. Rahul Bajaj

Mobility has always been a symbol of freedom and aspiration since the time probably a wheel was invented. In the context of a developing nation like India, when most of the country was below poverty line or lower middle class, about 20-30 years after independence...there comes a brand that tought ASPIRATION and that sense of FREEDOM...#hamarabajaj. Many who grew up in the 70's-90's I am sure have dreamt of their better tomorrow while riding a #Chetak #Super #M80 #pulsar. Another best part in the history of two wheeler mobility in India was #bajajsunny in 1990 promoted for women riders. "Roushni Deta Bajaj" and he did.
Bsreecharan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th February 2022, 03:55   #17
BHPian

RIP Sir.

You are a household name with the HamaraBajaj tagline which is an integral part of our lives since the last 3 decades. Those old ads still gives those nostalgic goosebumps.
dsuman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2022, 11:12   #18
BHPian

People ask me why I idolise Bajaj so much that despite being the moderator (in another forum, not here), I (rarely) show bias towards Bajaj.

Let's see. My 90's were spent standing on the footrest area, holding the handle of the Bajaj Priya geared scooter, as a small kid would do, protected right between my dad's knees, seeing the entire city of Ghaziabad like this.

Later parts of my 2000's were spent riding a Bajaj Pulsar 180, a time by which "Naye Bharat ki nayi tasveer" had become "Naye Bharat ki Nayi Raftaar". Dad's choice indeed but I loved it. I had modified it to 208cc too, apart from other modifications. Through tours, commutes and hard riding, it remained reliable as ever.

Majority of my 2010's and 20's (till now) were/are spent riding a Made in Chakan, Pune, 2013 KTM Duke 390 which has clocked 80000 kms till now.
In the same year, I went to Bajaj Auto Chakan plant with my students on an industrial visit, a pic of which is shared in the attachments below.

I'm a 35 year old guy who's been on a Bajaj for 3 decades. And today, my eyes are getting heavy on the old memories...

Thank you Rahul Bajaj sir for the good times and great memories. May God bless your spirit. I'm at a loss for words so let's end the post here.
Hamara Bajaj forever...

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attac...1&d=1645075928 IMG_9667.JPG
Attached Thumbnails
R.I.P. Rahul Bajaj-img_9667.jpg  

Last edited by Samarth 619 : 17th February 2022 at 11:15.
Samarth 619 is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks