Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2022, 20:28   #31
BHPian

Re: Getting back to motorcycling after 25 years | What bike should I buy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
The Honda CB 350 is a solid performer. The power is just right and the bike rides very smooth. Soft clutch and good mileage, to boot. The only negative is the tall fifth gear (Which doesn't come into play in the City). It's been a 'trouble-free' two years. I would 'high'ly recommend this 'High'ness!
Hey @Sebring, i'm in the process of finalising Honda H'ness. Where in Bangalore could i get those:
1) Seats + Backrest
2) Topbox (with toprack) & Saddlestay.

I cannot DM you, please can you share the details of shop/vendor. thank you very much!
Old 20th April 2022, 20:52   #32
Senior - BHPian

Sure, no worries. Seats are from Rao Seats, Shivajinagar. Backrest is Shad, comes along with top box. This, I bought from Hyperriders, near Museum. They have the saddle stay as well
Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhgupta710 View Post
Hey @Sebring, i'm in the process of finalising Honda H'ness. Where in Bangalore could i get those

Last edited by Sebring : 20th April 2022 at 20:57.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2022, 14:32   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Sure, no worries. Seats are from Rao Seats, Shivajinagar. Backrest is Shad, comes along with top box. This, I bought from Hyperriders, near Museum. They have the saddle stay as well
thank you, whenever you get some time handy, please can you post a picture of the seat setup and backrest+toprack/topbox?

Also, out of curiosity, how will CB350RS look with similar seat. have you spotted any?
Old 21st April 2022, 15:30   #34
BHPian

I just reached Tiruvannamalai from Bangalore. If this road is what you plan to ride the bike, then you need something to cruise at 120kmph. Z650, Ninja 650, Versys 650, Adventure 390 or CB500x would be a good option.

If your budget is low, I would suggest to go ahead with used Japanese bikes. I ride a 2005 vmax and 2004 TTR660 abroad. Only maintenance I do is change oil and brake pads when they wear.
subincb is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st April 2022, 17:11   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by subincb View Post
I just reached Tiruvannamalai from Bangalore. If this road is what you plan to ride the bike, then you need something to cruise at 120kmph. Z650, Ninja 650, Versys 650, Adventure 390 or CB500x would be a good option.
Bengaluru -> Hosur -> Krishnagiri -> Pudupet Road (or) Bargur -> Tirupattur -> Singarapet -> Tiruvannamalai

Thanks for the recommendation. My preference is for classic/retro and have lined up z650RS and CB500x from your list for a TD.
Old 22nd April 2022, 23:22   #36
BHPian

I did not go to Tirupattur. Took a left after 5 or 6km from kaveripattinam. I thinks its Pannadur road, it enters close to Uthangarai. Till Uthangarai its good road.
Old 14th April 2023, 13:24   #37

Thanks everyone for your suggestions and guidance. What seems likely an eternal wait, partly personal and partly forced will likely be closed out tomorrow

1. Couldn't get CB500x for the last 5-6 months. Test rides available but none for sale. Decided to give up after this March deadline. Right now Honda guys seem to indicate its going to be "this year".
2. Tried Triumph 120. Loved it and really felt like an extension of the mind.
3. Tried RE meteor, interceptor afterwar. Felt like a big downgrade when it comes to ride quality.
4. Kawasaki poor response in chennai. Couldnt even get a test ride. Gave up.
5. Wanted to try Suzuki but they wont do TN registration. Said there are no big bike showrooms in Chennai.

Planning to do another test drive at triumph tomorrow, a speed twin 1200 this time. Sadly Speed Twin 900 is available to check but not for a test drive.

My final list boils down to this two

1. T120.
2. Speed Twin. (Would have loved to try the street twin as well)

Looks like there are no offers at this point. Any tips, pointers to get a better price would be immensely helpful.. Thanks in advance.
rajbas is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks